Breast Growth For Genetic Males
Epilation - Printable Version

+- Breast Growth For Genetic Males (https://www.breastnexum.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Other Appearance Issues (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: Epilation (/showthread.php?tid=10849)

Pages: 1 2

Epilation - bryony - 26-12-2011

Hi all,

just thought I'd let you know about the epilator I got for Christmas...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xpressive-Rechargeable-Epilator/dp/B002TOJT2U

I thought that if I was going to have breasts, they may as well be smooth... and they certainly are silky smooth now.

It only stings when pulling hairs that I've never pulled by hand before - so it's likely that it will stop hurting completely over time.

B.

RE: Epilation - dargona - 27-12-2011

looks awesome... I want one Smile Do you use this on your face too? My dang mustache is so hard to get rid of without causing an extreme amount of burn/bumps :{

RE: Epilation - DiBi - 27-12-2011

(27-12-2011, 01:07 AM)dargona Wrote:  looks awesome... I want one Smile Do you use this on your face too? My dang mustache is so hard to get rid of without causing an extreme amount of burn/bumps :{

I have a similar one (not rechargeable) since last year.

on the body you get used in a while (if you use it quite often the hair get thinner, grow slowlier and by the time they grow less), on the pubic area is some more painful, but you can bear it, but I definitely suggest you don't want to use it on your face (never tried and won't)

RE: Epilation - hoselover - 27-12-2011

I think I tired it once (yrs ago) on my face but stopped directly again. So painful! I also pulled out moustache hears with a tweeker, once I did all, but even then it is very painful. Probably a good wax at a salon will be better...Dodgy

RE: Epilation - bryony - 28-12-2011

(27-12-2011, 01:07 AM)dargona Wrote:  looks awesome... I want one Smile Do you use this on your face too? My dang mustache is so hard to get rid of without causing an extreme amount of burn/bumps :{

Hi D,

I think the face would be risky unless it's very sparse. I only want it smooth for a sensitivity thing - they feel so much better smooth. The beard isn't an issue for me as the intention is to keep presenting as a male.

If I wanted to become a she-male (and I would if I was younger!) I'd investigate an IPL unit. (No good for grey hair anyway!)

e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rio-Intense-Pulsed-Removal-System/dp/B003ES5B0E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325032785&sr=8-2

B.

RE: Epilation - ZOE - 28-12-2011

I feel so fortunate. I don't have body hair except a small amount on my legs and a very light beard, shave once a week. Thank you to my Irish heritage.

Wish I could help with this hurdle.

Best wishes,

Zoe

RE: Epilation - PattiJT - 28-12-2011

Bryony,
Aha!! A fellow masochist-to-be! I've used this interesting little torture instrument for a couple years now, off and on. enough that I'm on the second one. A similar model by the same manufacturer, rechargeable. Works quite well, as long as you take your time.
A few points of advisement: If your hair is more than 1/8 inch long, use an electric clippers to shorten them first. If they're too long, you'll end up breaking a lot of them off at about skin level rather than pulling them out. Work against the grain, slowly, with your skin semi-taut. If the skin is held too tautly, again you'll end up breaking a lot of them off. Incidentally, this is what causes problems when trying to epilate your groin area, If you don't manage to hold the skin fairly tautly, you can suck that scrotum skin right into the tweezers, resulting in a mass of small (and very painful) cuts in the skin. However, you'll only do that once or twice before you figure that out!!
Knees are a strange area. No matter what process you use, you're going to break a lot of hairs. There must be something about the skin in that area that's different, since it's meant to handle a bit more wear and tear, and the hair as well. While the hair on the rest of my legs is 90% gone when I grow it a little to check, I've probably only lost 20% on my knees. Odd.
I'll keep my ears open, since if you use it on your face, I'll probably hear you on this side of the "pond". Tried it (just Had to), and with the first few hairs I knew it was not going to happen. There's actually a couple good reasons not to. One, it WILL cause some nasty ingrown hairs, as you're going to find out if you use it on your groin and lower abdomen, and two, the hair roots on your face are immensely responsible for keeping you from sagging and wrinkling.
I pull everything from the toes to my bra band line. Just couldn't handle the chest area. Prefer to shave that each night in the shower when I'm shaving my mug anyway.
Enjoy the experience. I'll be "rooting" Big Grin for you! Patti

RE: Epilation - DiBi - 28-12-2011

(28-12-2011, 09:47 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Bryony,
Aha!! A fellow masochist-to-be! I've used this interesting little torture instrument for a couple years now, off and on. enough that I'm on the second one. A similar model by the same manufacturer, rechargeable. Works quite well, as long as you take your time.
A few points of advisement: If your hair is more than 1/8 inch long, use an electric clippers to shorten them first. If they're too long, you'll end up breaking a lot of them off at about skin level rather than pulling them out. Work against the grain, slowly, with your skin semi-taut. If the skin is held too tautly, again you'll end up breaking a lot of them off. Incidentally, this is what causes problems when trying to epilate your groin area, If you don't manage to hold the skin fairly tautly, you can suck that scrotum skin right into the tweezers, resulting in a mass of small (and very painful) cuts in the skin. However, you'll only do that once or twice before you figure that out!!
Knees are a strange area. No matter what process you use, you're going to break a lot of hairs. There must be something about the skin in that area that's different, since it's meant to handle a bit more wear and tear, and the hair as well. While the hair on the rest of my legs is 90% gone when I grow it a little to check, I've probably only lost 20% on my knees. Odd.
I'll keep my ears open, since if you use it on your face, I'll probably hear you on this side of the "pond". Tried it (just Had to), and with the first few hairs I knew it was not going to happen. There's actually a couple good reasons not to. One, it WILL cause some nasty ingrown hairs, as you're going to find out if you use it on your groin and lower abdomen, and two, the hair roots on your face are immensely responsible for keeping you from sagging and wrinkling.
I pull everything from the toes to my bra band line. Just couldn't handle the chest area. Prefer to shave that each night in the shower when I'm shaving my mug anyway.

I agree Patty completely, I just add: use the reduced stripping head, at the beginning, expecially on the groin

RE: Epilation - chrishoney - 28-12-2011

I also have the Braun and read on another forum that it helps to clean the tweezers with alcohol after each use. I don't really think we create ingrown hairs in areas such as the pubic region since I have pretty much eliminated the so-called ingrown hairs and red bumps after epilating or shaving by several methods.

After shaving (not for the face by the way): Apply a small amount of antiperspirant deodorant to the area just shaved, especially in the pubic region and proximal inner thigh. This will almost completely stop the red bumps/"ingrown" hairs, which are really tiny, superficial infections around the hair follicle. The deodorant is intended to work by killing bacteria on the surface of the skin that cause increased body odor.

After epilating: Since my Braun is a wet/dry model, I pour a bit of rubbing alcohol in a small bowl and run the epilator tweezer head in the alcohol to clean and disinfect it. This has the added benefit of helping to dislodge hairs remaining in the tweezer head. Just cleaning the head with alcohol will significantly reduce the amount of red bumps/"ingrown: hairs after hair removal.

However, one time while doing this (and considering the above method for post shaving) I went back over the area I had just depilated which had the effect of spreading the alcohol around as well as getting a few hairs I had missed. The result: almost no ingrown hairs or red bumps. I now routinely use this method on any area of the body treated. Follow with a gentle lotion as alcohol will dry your skin.

RE: Epilation - bryony - 29-12-2011

(28-12-2011, 09:47 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Bryony,

Hi Patti,

no worries about the face and groin area, I've got more sense!

To be honest, as long as the chest is silky smooth, that's sufficient for me, as I don't attempt to present as female.

Apart from the mental benefits of PM, gaining two more erogenous zones made hair removal in that area mandatory - the rest is optional. The hair over the breasts grows much too fast for shaving... that's why I have the epilator!

Surprised you find that painful - that's actually the least for me - the solar plexus did hurt quite a bit though.

B.