Breast Growth For Genetic Males
2 Very Intresting Articles - Printable Version

+- Breast Growth For Genetic Males (https://www.breastnexum.com)
+-- Forum: Related Subjects (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Transgender (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: 2 Very Intresting Articles (/showthread.php?tid=14247)

Pages: 1 2

2 Very Intresting Articles - Lenneth - 06-01-2013

Someone on another forum I frequent found these 2 articles that I thought some here might find interesting.

Gene Required to Maintain Male Sex Throughout Life Discovered: Loss of Gene Dmrt1 Leads to Male Cells Becoming Female

and

Key Event for Sex Determination Identified: Deletion of Just One Gene Results in Complete Sex Reversal of Male Mice

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - AbiDrew85 - 06-01-2013

So we need to delete this newly discovered gene, splice in the Foxl2 gene, and delete our entire Y chromosome and duplicate and encapsulate our X chromosome and we can make ourselves as genetically female as girls who were born that sex.

This breakthrough is HUGE!

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - Lenneth - 06-01-2013

An Interesting Part of it (emphasis Added)

Quote:For the genetic research community this new understanding is a breakthrough. The findings provide new insight into how to turn one cell type into another, a process known as reprogramming, and also show that throughout life, cells in the testis must be actively prevented from transforming into female cells normally found in the ovary.

"This work shows that sex determination in mammals can be surprisingly prone to change, and must be actively maintained throughout an organism's lifetime," said Dr. Susan Haynes, who oversees developmental biology grants at the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health. "These new insights have important implications for our understanding of how to reprogram cells to take on different identities, and may shed light on the origin of some human sex reversal disorders."

The new findings may force the scientific community to reconsider how disorders involving human sex-reversal occur. Some of these disorders may not result from errors in the original sex determination decision in the embryo, but instead may result from failure to maintain that decision later in embryonic development. In addition, because DMRT1 has been associated with human gonadal cancers, the researchers hope their findings will provide another clue into how gonadal cancer develops.

This would Suggest that GID could be more of a Genetic Disorder/Mutation, also it Implies that DMRT1 can be "converted" into Foxl2 and vice versa, perhaps the same applies for Chromosomes as well?.

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - AbiDrew85 - 06-01-2013

(06-01-2013, 05:22 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  This would Suggest that GID could be more of a Genetic Disorder/Mutation, also it Implies that DMRT1 can be "converted" into Foxl2 and vice versa, perhaps the same applies for Chromosomes as well?.

Most reasonably trained psychologists/psychiatrists have long suspected that it was more genetic anyways. They exist more to keep the legitimately nutso people out. Also, living with this GENETIC condition can lead to PSYCHOLOGICAL complications, which they are trained to help us deal with.

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - flamesabers - 07-01-2013

Very interesting articles. While I was aware the female sex is sort of the 'default path' for developing embryos, I had no idea the body has to jump through so many hoops to develop and keep male parts. I'm not sure how this knowledge makes me feel. On the one hand it feels somewhat comforting to know our physical sex isn't as static as we used to think, on the other hand I feel bewildered about the thought of the body being in conflict about what physical sex it should be.

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - AbiDrew85 - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 12:29 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Very interesting articles. While I was aware the female sex is sort of the 'default path' for developing embryos, I had no idea the body has to jump through so many hoops to develop and keep male parts. I'm not sure how this knowledge makes me feel. On the one hand it feels somewhat comforting to know our physical sex isn't as static as we used to think, on the other hand I feel bewildered about the thought of the body being in conflict about what physical sex it should be.

Actually calling female sex the "default" path isn't quite entirely accurate either. Female sexing has to be maintained just as much as male sexing. I think the misunderstanding comes from the fact that the "default" has no external genitalia and does have a slight cleft... but it doesn't have any female functionality. It has no sexual functionality at all.

You're not the only one who I keep seeing this misunderstanding from either... I see it everywhere. Constantly. And not even just on this site.

What they've found that's really the most interesting though is that all that's REALLY important for physical sexing is this one gene. If it's Foxl2 you're female. If it's Dmrt1 you're male. This explains EVERYTHING. It particularly explains sexual chimerism. What happens if some of your cells have Foxl2 and some have Dmrt1? You're a sexual chimera. What happens if you are XY but have Foxl2? You develop and appear female, but you're generally going to never have children. XX but Dmrt1? Develop and appear male but you're generally going to be impotent.

This also has the potential to help us, as I previously mentioned, attain the ability to perform full sex reversals. Probably within the next few decades.

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - flamesabers - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 02:50 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Actually calling female sex the "default" path isn't quite entirely accurate either. Female sexing has to be maintained just as much as male sexing. I think the misunderstanding comes from the fact that the "default" has no external genitalia and does have a slight cleft... but it doesn't have any female functionality. It has no sexual functionality at all.

You're not the only one who I keep seeing this misunderstanding from either... I see it everywhere. Constantly. And not even just on this site.

Thank you for the clarification.

(07-01-2013, 02:50 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  This also has the potential to help us, as I previously mentioned, attain the ability to perform full sex reversals. Probably within the next few decades.

I think this could also help change societal's views on physical sex and gender identity. I hope it would result in more and more people being aware of all the factors that can influence one's gender identity.

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - Lenneth - 08-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 11:10 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  I think this could also help change societal's views on physical sex and gender identity. I hope it would result in more and more people being aware of all the factors that can influence one's gender identity.

It would be nice, but with some people I doubt it unfortunately

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - bryony - 08-01-2013

I'd be very surprised if changing genes could restructure a skeleton. Even if it were developed, you'd still need significant surgery to deal with the skeletal problems. You can grind off the brow ridges, but how to reduce the width of shoulders, size of rib cage? I can't think that the hip bones would grow, though I suppose that's possible. You can't reduce the skull size, as I should think the brain grows to fill it. So the proportions will still be all wrong.

As for testicles changing to ovaries, maybe, but how would a womb grow? It's certainly the stuff of Science Fiction.... the Tleilaxu Face Dancers from Dune managed it, I think.

I think the best bet is stopping puberty for every kid until they know what they are, but that's probably impractical! Big Grin

B.

RE: 2 Very Intresting Articles - flamesabers - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 04:11 PM)bryony Wrote:  As for testicles changing to ovaries, maybe, but how would a womb grow? It's certainly the stuff of Science Fiction.... the Tleilaxu Face Dancers from Dune managed it, I think.

I suppose it'll take a pill that can transform you into Kate Upton to achieve the complete transformation. Big Grin

(08-01-2013, 04:11 PM)bryony Wrote:  I think the best bet is stopping puberty for every kid until they know what they are, but that's probably impractical! Big Grin

I agree. I'm sure at least some parents and children would not want to delay puberty. If anything, I suspect a number of adolescents would rather mature sooner than later.