Breast Growth For Genetic Males
IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - Printable Version

+- Breast Growth For Genetic Males (https://www.breastnexum.com)
+-- Forum: Related Subjects (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Transgender (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor (/showthread.php?tid=26632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - The First Aria - 01-07-2016

Some of this will not be new to a few who have read my Introduction and subsequent posts. So, I will not bore you with a lot of the background other than a few facts that I presented to my doctor, just yesterday.

Here goes:

On this board, and a few other's, I have witnessed quite a few people come unraveled over fighting their feelings and appearances. I did NOT want to become another casualty in this perceived cultural/social war.
I had a flare up of my arthritis, for really no apparent reason. That was the primary reason I used to get the appointment. In the back of my mind, I still worry about "office gossip" occurring at my expense. ( I know I need to get over a few of my insecurities. )

She had the usual recommendations.... Loose weight, eat a more friendly diet and more exercise.

Then, after fighting over this for over 2 yrs.... I blurted it out.

That I feel I have been a true Cross Dresser since my early 30's. And that having Gynecomastia at first was shocking, but I realized that for me was a dream come true in many ways.. It went along with my admiration for the female body, helped with the fact that I no longer had to stuff my bra's nearly as much. I also told her they (breasts) feel very natural and more importantly.... That other than breast cancer, I would NEVER think of having surgically removed..

Here very quick reply was.... " Good for you, you have no idea, on some of my Med School rotations how many people were suicidal or at the very least had many issues with just such a predicament, or at least very similar type of conditions."

She continued by asking me a few really basic questions... Like did my wife and or family knew of my C.D condition? I told her that my daughter knows about me wearing bra's most of the time and my wife has know almost as long as I had.

At this point I explained that I was sometimes conflicted by my acceptance of the entire situation. I played baseball, football and what I would consider a fairly typical young man growing up. I served 15 yrs between active duty and National Guard and such. That was part of the conflict, why, after getting married, having 3 kids at the time would I want to cross dress.

She just said that there are many slots, positions in the human sexuality range. That she don't like the term transgender for it gets slung around way too loosely and carelessly. She said a person has no more control over being a super stud, manly man than a person on the other side being Gay, or wishing to change gender's to what ever degree that would manifest itself. But true science demands labels to for many reasons, a few among many were accepted paths of medical and mental treatments. To streamline the process as practical as it should be. So, she is somewhat stuck in doing the same thing to a degree.

She prescribed a supposed light anti depressant and is going to look for a few Mental Therapists that might be dealing in the area of Transgenderism and Dysphoria . She thought I needed a anti depressant just to function as normal as possible, and that it may help me see things better, and that a therapist would probably from the get go prescribe anyways.

All I can say is that now, it appears I was very worried about this conversation.. But I felt that I absolutely had to do. Having witnessed so many people here making a train wreck out of themselves over basically the same thing. I feel like most things... If you hurt seek help. Sometimes it can be easily corrected if caught early, but if you let it fester or get worse..... The treatment is tougher to come by..

Sorry if this is more of a rant... I sure did not intend for it to turn that direction but mainly for some of our new friends that have just recently joined us, or will join us to turn them into getting help. Rather that be in a form of just confiding in a friend or a professional...

Please find someone to have a heartfelt confidence with... Your physical and mental health deserves that much. Who knows, maybe even your life!

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - Happyme - 01-07-2016

BEAUTIFUL!
Great story Iaboy.. or should we finally get ready to make the switch to Iagirl.
Great words of wisdom to all that read your words as well. Many of us will stay wrestling with this issue till our dying day, and thats ok too.

You have made a great step and I bet you let out a huge sigh of relief.
It sure is nice to share this with a real human.
Hugs
Bobbi

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - Katie - 01-07-2016

Wow, if I could be a fraction as Brave as you I`d be quite happy. I guess it helps having a Dr you can A) trust and B) be the same Doc each time you visit.

it`s tough when you don`t have it in you to Lie, but can`t tell the truth either because of fear.

I seriously hope you go from strength to strength now, Onwards and Upwards!!!! Big Grin

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - jannet.duff - 01-07-2016

Wow ...good for you. Its never as hard as you first think. At least now you have away to step forward, and move on.

Very proud of you Hon.

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - Sofia Bunny - 01-07-2016

Wow iaboy, absolutely amazing courage. Love the story, it is wonderful. I don't know if I would ever be able to do the same, but perhaps some day. Big Grin

Congratulations on letting your doc know, that is just wonderful news. Smile Glad it all seemed to turn out so well.

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - Lotus - 01-07-2016

Congrats iaboy. Big Grin aligning your current gender with HrT helps manage GID and transition (whatever identity that may be). I'm happy for you, best of luck. Smile

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - Alanah - 02-07-2016

Congrats Iaboy so happy for you

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - The First Aria - 02-07-2016

@ Happy: LOL... Me and Flame joked about that when I joked about everyone changing their names.... A sigh???? LOL.... More like what a tornado on the Iowa plains makes... I was terribly nervous but decided I had enough...

@ Katie: You will, when the time is right. Rather it's tomorrow or next year. I mean with me, it took 30+ years to finally realize the fundamental me. I still wont turn in my Boy Card.. But the flexibility, or at least the ability to be, even if it's day by day, which ever side of the coin I want to be.

@ Janet: Thanks Sis, you have went through the mill, maybe more so than me. So, in a way, you, Lotus and Flame sort of showed me that sometimes bravery is little more than standing up for yourself.

@ Lauren. What I said to Katie, applies to you as well Sis...

@ Lotus: My dear friend. Your willingness to put up with my rants, raves and just generally being there when needed....Even with the stupid questions I shot at you.

@Whitney: Just hang, you'll figure things out as well.

Thanks for all of your kind and more than generous words. I really do appreciate all the friends I have made here... Probably more than I even realize right now....

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - ElainMoria - 02-07-2016

I agree 100% with this. It was my fighting myself, even AFTER I came out as Transgender, that contributed to my very nearly successful suicide attempt (three days in a coma and 10 days total in ICU). There were other contributing factors, but it was my fighting myself that was the biggest reason for it. Since I quit fighting myself and truly came to accepting myself, I have literally, never been happier in my life.

I am VERY glad that you are taking these steps and moving forward with accepting yourself and investigating what that means for you.

For others here.... don't play dice with your life. Get help sooner rather than later, because later.... may be too late.

~E

RE: IaBoys Coming Out to Doctor - julieTG - 02-07-2016

Well done

Ia"boy?"

Divulging to a real live person will be a few more onion layers off

Although I mentioned some time back it may be iagirl soon, in your case not sure it will be

I think your strong enough to flip the 2 coins

Also I think this peeling away now and self identification and acceptance will take a massive load of sometimes grumpy shoulders ?

Your a valued member of this forum as sometimes a take no,prisoners approach can shake the dreamers and help keep a foot in reality

Role models are essentially vital to all of us

I think this shows the cathartic benefits of a real human interaction rather than just electronic friends , although forum friends are indeed vital, in reality there perhaps a small percentage benefit of a real live energy interaction

Just that i told someone apart from my wife is a major Avalanche release

Anyway good for you

X

Julie