Breast Growth For Genetic Males
My First Therapist and Meeting. - Printable Version

+- Breast Growth For Genetic Males (https://www.breastnexum.com)
+-- Forum: Related Subjects (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Transgender (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: My First Therapist and Meeting. (/showthread.php?tid=27044)

Pages: 1 2

My First Therapist and Meeting. - The First Aria - 29-08-2016

As some of you have read from a previous thread of mine..... and probably already understood the term. When my personal doctor first threw the term "Transgender" at me when I finally fessed up to her about my thoughts and attempts at feminization. I was dumbfounded, confused and couldn't really understand being categorized as such.

For me, the term meant you were a man, wanting to become a full time woman, or a woman, wanting to become a full time man.... Including bottom surgeries.

She explained that doctor's and other professionals in medical and mental health field are focused on categories. And that "Hobby" or part time Cross Dressers as well as men who were searching for where they truly stand in the spectrum of things are classed as Trans-gendered.

She and her Head Nurse, were and are truly sympathetic and understanding. As I found out later, the nurse has someone "close" to her that has the same situation.

They both tried to find a Therapist for me and set me up to go to University of Iowa's LGBT clinics. But that was NOT until January of next year. WOW.... The distance in time is one thing, but in miles it's like 145 miles from where I live to the University Hospital and Clinics. And, in Iowa, you can have a decent winter or a winter that dumps 12 - 14 inches of snow a day.... Not good travel conditions in the least. So, you may take that as.... Well, If I cant find anything better.....

I was able to locate one myself, after about 3 days of calls asking for references and going online and "Googling" every possible term for C.D., Transgender.. Etc.
I finally found one. She works about 4 miles from my house! Hoo Ray!!

Man, do I feel lucky. She seems very kind, warm and of course listen's... Hmmm, I guess a prerequisite for a therapist, right??? LOL

I am primarily putting this down here, spilling my guts and thoughts in hope that some of our newer as well as other member's here feel better about reaching out for professional help. In what ever form that may take.

My next installment will be about my first appointment with the Therapist herself.

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - inflammo - 29-08-2016

I have my first meeting with a counselor on the 11th of September. She seemed nice on the phone, but I don't really know what to expect.

That's where I am at I guess... Don't really know what to expect!

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - Happyme - 29-08-2016

Thanks for the update Iaboy (I thought you had a new name).
I'm sure your followup posts will be vital to everyone that's wondering what all this confusion we experience is about and the best way to deal with it.
Bobbi

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - Skye is on fire - 29-08-2016

Congrats! My first appointment was liberating. It helped me give myself permission to say what I wanted to do was o.k. I hope yours is the same!

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - The First Aria - 29-08-2016

@ inflammo: I have several dear friends here on this board, and they have all been saying to me it was time. You maybe interested in my next posting that I am hoping to do yet this evening or tonight. Stay tuned. I hope it alleviates some fears or worries.

@ Bobbi: I might change my screen name if/when I know where I am going from here. The only thing I know is I am not going full SRS. Maybe cause I am a coward, maybe cause I am more comfortable where I am at... Or Maybe??? Who knows. That is one reason for a therapist. Right?

@ Skye: You newest Icon is lovely. You are truly blossoming and I only hope I can pull something off even close when en femme.

Thanks for all the comments, you have been very supportive of this old man/girl.

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - Sofia Bunny - 30-08-2016

Wow, you've come quite a long ways. I hope things go well with the therapist. I never had any luck finding a local support group, but therapist I probably could find. My insurance is stupid though and would charge me 20% once I meet my deductible which is now stupid ridiculous. Oops went off on a tangent.

Oh right, I'm glad things are going well with your doctor too! It really sounds like things are coming nicely together for you. Smile

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - The First Aria - 30-08-2016

(30-08-2016, 03:40 AM)Sofia Lauren Bunny Wrote:  Wow, you've come quite a long ways. I hope things go well with the therapist. I never had any luck finding a local support group, but therapist I probably could find. My insurance is stupid though and would charge me 20% once I meet my deductible which is now stupid ridiculous. Oops went off on a tangent.

Oh right, I'm glad things are going well with your doctor too! It really sounds like things are coming nicely together for you. Smile

I know far well about out of pocket, and deductibles. Since Obama, my insurance is considered "Cadillac" but 6 yrs ago, it was in the middle of the road.

First, I have to meet $500 deductible, then pay 15%. Before the AFC act, it was a flat 15% up to $750 out of pocket, then insurance picked up 100%. So, if I liked my insurance.... And my doctor.......AngryTongue Ppppppppppppffffffffffffftttttttttttttt! !

@ Sofia: I have been lucky. That's for sure. Not like a few other's I know here that had to go to like 4 different Doctor's and 4 different Therapist's to get help.

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - The First Aria - 30-08-2016

Well, it wasn't as bad as a root canal, or having an infected tooth extracted when Novocaine is not effective. ! ! ! LOL.

Her initial diagnosis.......... Non Binary....... After asking me the following questions, and some chatting.

She asked me some questions to get it through my insurance company, like.....

Did I think my depression is a result, or an addition to my Trans Gender feelings.

Do I have problems with hygiene, like not wanting to shower?

Do I withdrawal from social situations or at home?

Ever felt like suicide? Or loose my temper easily?

Dislike taking my medications?

Ever just feel like sleeping too much? Or having crying spells for no apparent reason's?

Then, we started! !

How long have I liked cross dressing?
I told her I could trace it for about 25 - 30 yrs.

Do I have a clue or reason as to when it began.
(Answer) My wife and I were invited to a Halloween Party, and my wife suggested cross dressing as we were having problems deciding on a costume. I told her at first, I was very reluctant, but after I was " dressed up ", I rather enjoyed and as the evening progressed felt pretty comfortable. But, I was always fascinated by the female form, not just sexually but in awe of it.

She asked me if I enjoyed or loved my breasts? (as I had taken off my over shirt and just had a bra and T-shirt for a top on then.)
I told her I did, and felt real comfortable with them. That I wished size wise, they were bigger to match my frame.

She asked me if I had ever been molested as a child, or physically abused.
I told her "Not that I was ever aware of."

She asked me if I wanted to live as a woman. I told her no, at least not permanently. That I would be happy if we lived in "Star Trek" time frame, and there was a machine that I could step in and look like Raquel Welch as she was 30 yrs ago. Even if it was for a few days to a week. Then go into the other side and come back out as me.

She laugh and said...... " Don't we all wish like that!"

After chatting for an additional 15 - 20 minutes, that's when she asked me if I had heard of the term "Non-Binary"?

I told her that I was "roughly" familiar with the term as I was a member of a web site that had almost the whole spectrum. (Hint.... This web site! )

She then asked me why I was seeking professional help now.
I told her that I had noticed I was wanting to cross dress more, and had begun taking Estrogenic Herbs to feminize.

She asked me what, so I told her what... P.M., Red Clover, Hops.
Also, it was the suggestion of my regular Doctor thinking that some of my "conflicts" was interfering with my medical condition or blurring the line between Medical and Mental.

I told her that when I " came out " to my doctor, she asked me what we could do. I suggested a "light" HRT program in which she said she was not qualified or skilled to do so, but would try to find one for me.

My Therapist said she knew of a couple of Doctor's locally that specialized in my type of situation. And maybe would put me in touch with them after a few more sessions. She first wanted to make sure I was definitely not suicidal, or just a passing fancy.

I didn't want to come out and say that was also one of the reason's for me seeking a Therapist, was for a reference letter. I mean after all, I wouldn't tell her know. But I am truly looking for guidance in how to handle everything

All, in all. I thought it was beyond all my expectations. She also gave me a hack for presenting as a male and when I was wanting to hide my breasts. Cool, huh! !

I will write that up and put it in the "Male Staying Male" section in the next day or so

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - julieTG - 30-08-2016

She also gave me a hack for presenting as a male and when I was wanting to hide my breasts. Cool, huh! !

confused

pls clarify ?

Julie

RE: My First Therapist and Meeting. - inflammo - 30-08-2016

(29-08-2016, 09:02 PM)iaboy Wrote:  @ inflammo: I have several dear friends here on this board, and they have all been saying to me it was time. You maybe interested in my next posting that I am hoping to do yet this evening or tonight. Stay tuned. I hope it alleviates some fears or worries.

@ Bobbi: I might change my screen name if/when I know where I am going from here. The only thing I know is I am not going full SRS. Maybe cause I am a coward, maybe cause I am more comfortable where I am at... Or Maybe??? Who knows. That is one reason for a therapist. Right?

@ Skye: You newest Icon is lovely. You are truly blossoming and I only hope I can pull something off even close when en femme.

Thanks for all the comments, you have been very supportive of this old man/girl.

Thank you!