Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Interesting Blood Test Results

There's a difference there yes... there's also many other things that contribute to the overall interaction of everything you use...

My bad assumption was that people already knew PM can raise LH... And I suppose I should have known better than that.

Another fun little detail. PM raises LH (and some think FSH as well). LH and FSH rise as Estradiol levels rise in natal females cycles. I don't have to bother with anything else for this aspect because of this. With total or near total blockage of testosterone, there's no negative feedback to shut this off (if I even had one originally, which I'm not so sure of). So as I raise my PM dose to raise my E levels, my LH rises as well, and as I drop off, it too drops off.

And sorry Karen, but I may be bio male, but I'm not a he.

(11-12-2012, 08:34 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  There's a difference there yes... there's also many other things that contribute to the overall interaction of everything you use...

My bad assumption was that people already knew PM can raise LH... And I suppose I should have known better than that.

Another fun little detail. PM raises LH (and some think FSH as well). LH and FSH rise as Estradiol levels rise in natal females cycles. I don't have to bother with anything else for this aspect because of this. With total or near total blockage of testosterone, there's no negative feedback to shut this off (if I even had one originally, which I'm not so sure of). So as I raise my PM dose to raise my E levels, my LH rises as well, and as I drop off, it too drops off.

And sorry Karen, but I may be bio male, but I'm not a he.

Sorry about the "he" ..... didn't mean anything by it either way ....

I believe the reason that the rise of Estradiol in natal female cycles doesn't trigger a lowering in LH (thus shutting off the rise) is that LH is a very "slow to react" enzyme .... by the time it has adjusted the peak is past. At least thats what I know about LH.

I think you still have a "control mechanism" even though your Testotsterone is blocked. Both elevated levels of Estradiol AND Tesotosterone will supress LH ... or at least that is what this article seems to be saying

http://endo.endojournals.org/content/145/1/71

Hence the fine line of "stalling" .... vs "growth" .... even Estradiol levels will be controlled .... all bets are off when you either take "estradiol" of "testosterone" as a replacement therapy. In which case even if LH goes to "0" ... you get to call the shots. Of course there are other dangers/considerations .... inputs can be skipped over and other hormones may need to be supplemented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Steroidogenesis.svg

Like in my case using a T Replacement I "bypass" the input to "progesterone" and "cortisol" (LH being lower will prevent Cholesterol from being converted into Pregnenolone)

Of course you may/probably already know all this ... but there may be others that do not.

karen

OOOH. That's a really nice chart!

And yeah. Part of why I'm cycling. There's reasons why female hormones cycle.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon