Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My Journey gets VERY real today...

Also Id ask these psychs WHY they wont take your insurance from the stateHuh

(21-04-2015, 11:17 PM)EvaMarie Wrote:  Also Id ask these psychs WHY they wont take your insurance from the stateHuh

The reasons they have given me: We have contracts with HMO's that manage the state program and your OHP open ticket isn't a managed health plan so we don't accept it.

In other words... because my health insurance type is handled directly by the state rather than through an HMO... they won't take me. Most likely because the state takes so long to bother to get around to paying them, and the contracts they have with HMO's see to it they are paid more promptly. *shrugs* So I muddle through as best I can till things get sorted.

~Elain

I just got the blood work back from the lab. It was beautiful... I am officially cleared to go up to 75mg of Aldactone a day. Big Grin

~E

My doctor surprised me today. She has upped my dosage of Spiro to 100mg 2x daily. In other words, full therapeutic hrt levels.

~E

Congratulations, Elain. Remember that Spiro is a diuretic. Drink lots of water throughout the day.

Clara

(29-04-2015, 02:36 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Congratulations, Elain. Remember that Spiro is a diuretic. Drink lots of water throughout the day.

Clara

Oh don't I know it lol! Couple that with Rifampin (for the MAC infection) which turns my urine into a bright neon almost glow in the dark orange and my greatly increased trips to the ladies room. Fun times I say!

~E

(30-04-2015, 05:36 AM)ElainMoria Wrote:  
(29-04-2015, 02:36 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Congratulations, Elain. Remember that Spiro is a diuretic. Drink lots of water throughout the day.

Clara

Oh don't I know it lol! Couple that with Rifampin (for the MAC infection) which turns my urine into a bright neon almost glow in the dark orange and my greatly increased trips to the ladies room. Fun times I say!

~E

Rifampin is a fun medicine. Urine, tears, possibly even saliva. Any body fluid that isn't already a specific color can turn bright orange.

Try not to cry too much, people tend to freak at orange tears.

(01-05-2015, 02:55 PM)Patience Wrote:  
(30-04-2015, 05:36 AM)ElainMoria Wrote:  

Clara

~E

Rifampin is a fun medicine. Urine, tears, possibly even saliva. Any body fluid that isn't already a specific color can turn bright orange.

Try not to cry too much, people tend to freak at orange tears.

I have discontinued the Rifampin. My breasts had just started budding when I started taking it.. and it stopped the budding dead in it's tracks. I dropped it and hopefully over the next couple of days the budding will start back up again.

I informed my doctor in no uncertain terms that my Transition comes before any other medical issue. They will either have to find a different antibiotic.. or hope the two I am still taking does the trick. Because I refuse to take any medication that pauses or prevents my development. As I told her.. I would rather die, living as who I am.. than live... as something I am not.

~Elain

Good luck ElainMoria and you get the desired results. xx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon