Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Frequently used supplements (genetic males)

(13-02-2014, 07:37 AM)myboobs Wrote:  Lotus you are a little ginius -- hugz
I wish this and oTher info you done will get lost in threads . Yet this. Info is so important as to the understanding of various products which I am sure will keep adding to it .
Maybe the website needs a section where people can refer to this info !
Few months down the line a newbi would struggle to find this and other info .
Thanks myboobs,

Good points, it should be used as a reference for new, veteran, BIO-Female and Male members, that's whole idea. It would be up to the veteran members to refer any new members needing help!

Whatever I can do to help, seeing Eve asked for someone to help with the FAQ section and I offered my help!

Mistress~Lotus Wrote:
Eve M Wrote:Yes I'm happy to have someone help out with that FAQ section.
Well,
Since I've been the only one tending to it, I'll volunteer, could you let them know please, and what do you need from me?

Thanks

(13-02-2014, 04:01 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  
(13-02-2014, 07:37 AM)myboobs Wrote:  Lotus you are a little ginius -- hugz
I wish this and oTher info you done will get lost in threads . Yet this. Info is so important as to the understanding of various products which I am sure will keep adding to it .
Maybe the website needs a section where people can refer to this info !
Few months down the line a newbi would struggle to find this and other info .
Thanks myboobs,

Good points, it should be used as a reference for new, veteran, BIO-Female and Male members, that's whole idea. It would be up to the veteran members to refer any new members needing help!

Whatever I can do to help, seeing Eve asked for someone to help with the FAQ section and I offered my help!

Mistress~Lotus Wrote:
Eve M Wrote:Yes I'm happy to have someone help out with that FAQ section.
Well,
Since I've been the only one tending to it, I'll volunteer, could you let them know please, and what do you need from me?

Thanks

does eve site administrator ?

all this concise research lotus is doing should go in NBE faq information.
of course lotus gota get his credit for doing all the hard work Big Grin

Can you please clarify: Shatavarins block Oxycotin - is this a good thing? Does Oxycotin have a role in NBE?
Thanks

(21-02-2014, 02:49 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  Can you please clarify: Shatavarins block Oxycotin - is this a good thing? Does Oxycotin have a role in NBE?
Thanks

Reported as safe, I thought the statement concerning LD50 will reinforce it. I actually found a recent study (found below) Herbal compositions improving lactation of farmed livestock, that shatavarins (Asparagus racemosus) was used by improving milk release. The effect worked on the central nervous systems putting the livestock at ease thereby releasing the flow of milk. Oh yeah, I had know idea how over stressed livestock get and prevent milk flow and that their calfs don't survive because of it.

Anyways back to Oxytocin, what the main reason to use shatavari- because of its
Galactagogue, and Oxytocin is also used in veterinary medicine to facilitate birth and to stimulate milk release. It took awhile to find, but the statement blocking oxytocin is in reference to in-Vivo blocked oxytocin induced contractions, nothing in detail. (So for that reason I'll delete that statement)

Oxytocin
Oxytocin plays a role in breast development during pregnancy. Like prolactin, oxytocin is secreted by the pituitary gland within the brain. According to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, oxytocin levels are high during the fifth and sixth months of pregnancy, and oxytocin helps stimulate milk production within the breast. The University of California reports that oxytocin also signals to the breast following childbirth to signal lactation in breastfeeding. http://www.livestrong.com/article/107569...velopment/

But yeah Oxytocin has a role in NBE, imo, I could do a separate thread dedicated to the variables of Oxytocin if you'd like.

In Ayurveda, A. racemosus has been described as absolutely safe for long term use, even during pregnancy and lactation. Systemic administration of higher doses of all the extracts did not produce any abnormality in behaviour pattern of mice and rat.[13] LD[50] of the product lactare has not been assessed since it did not produce mortality even upto the oral dosages of 64 gm/kg.[18]

This is where the information was obtained

Shatavarins (containing Shatavarin IV) with anticancer activity from the roots of Asparagus racemosus.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23248403

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...5-0049.pdf

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Sexual_he...paragus-22

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2011045802A1?cl=en

Thanks for compiling all this great info!

(26-02-2014, 03:48 AM)jaybee11 Wrote:  Thanks for compiling all this great info!

No problem, here to help if I can. Wink

Red clover-

An interseting study was conducted on red clover, soy and black cohosh. Red clover has 4 phytoestrogens, biochanin A, fomonontein, genistein, and daidzein, and genistein which binds itself to estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) and estrogen receptor beta (ERbeta) and affinity to progesterone receptor (PR) and androgen receptor (AR). So, as an alternative to PM, Red Clover is great for breast growth and needs a closer look.

• In vitro assays and chemical analysis showed that theoretical estrogenic activity expressed as equivalent E2 concentration is in the same range as recommended for synthetic estrogens.

• Red clover products showed a higher affinity to AR and PR than soy products, which is explained by the higher amount of isoflavones present. In vitro assays and chemical analysis showed that theoretical estrogenic activity expressed as equivalent E2 concentration is in the same range as recommended for synthetic estrogens. Broader spectrum of action and hypothesized lower side effects by action through ERbeta make them suitable for alternative hormone replacement therapy.

Comparison of hormonal activity (estrogen, androgen and progestin) of standardized plant extracts for large scale use in hormone replacement therapy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12711012

(28-02-2014, 10:18 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  Red clover-

An interseting study was conducted on red clover, soy and black cohosh. Red clover has 4 phytoestrogens, biochanin A, fomonontein, genistein, and daidzein, and genistein which binds itself to estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) and estrogen receptor beta (ERbeta) and affinity to progesterone receptor (PR) and androgen receptor (AR). So, as an alternative to PM, Red Clover is great for breast growth and needs a closer look.

Would you advise using red clover in combination with PM or it it too much? What about licorice root & PM? I seem to have stalled & need a boost (or a kick in the butt!!!!).
Thanks for all your hard work at keeping all us dummies informed. Much appreciated.Tongue
  • In vitro assays and chemical analysis showed that theoretical estrogenic activity expressed as equivalent E2 concentration is in the same range as recommended for synthetic estrogens.

• Red clover products showed a higher affinity to AR and PR than soy products, which is explained by the higher amount of isoflavones present. In vitro assays and chemical analysis showed that theoretical estrogenic activity expressed as equivalent E2 concentration is in the same range as recommended for synthetic estrogens. Broader spectrum of action and hypothesized lower side effects by action through ERbeta make them suitable for alternative hormone replacement therapy.

Comparison of hormonal activity (estrogen, androgen and progestin) of standardized plant extracts for large scale use in hormone replacement therapy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12711012

(01-03-2014, 12:23 AM)lostacres6 Wrote:  Would you advise using red clover in combination with PM or it it too much? What about licorice root & PM? I seem to have stalled & need a boost (or a kick in the butt!!!!).
Thanks for all your hard work at keeping all us dummies informed. Much appreciated.Tongue

Thanks lostacres, Big Grin

Considering RC and PM share some of the same phytoestrogens yes, it could be counter productive. The miroestriol's in PM is closer to E2, you'd have to consider which one has the greatest effect on the receptors. While Red Clover has a minor aromatase inhibitor (Interfere's with how much estrogen the body's tissues can make) it also has genistein which binds itself to estrogen receptor alpha (ER-alpha) same as PM.

• PM affects both receptors ER-a and ER-b by attaching itself to the sites and occupying them keeping out the harmful real estrogen. IMO, the stronger PM is rendering Red Clover ineffective, and just my opinion.

• When you add in licorice-is your goal to reduce the T or to balance the E?, a few things to consider about LR-

• Licorice root is the only herb that balances estrogen, stimulates prolactin, and blocks testosterone all at the same time. Licorice contains numerous phytoestrogenic compounds such as glabridin, glaberine, and 3-hydroxyglabrol.

• (Licorice - Anti-androgenic and activates alpha and beta estrogen receptors and blocks 5-ar )

• Licorice root is strong, meaning that's it's not to be used in excess.

Are you still taking PC?, nettle root comes to mind though!

Yes, I still do PC twice daily. About a year ago I had a hormone test done & my testosterone was high but said normal for my age (contradiction?). Estrogen & progesterone were low. I was on Eve's program at the time. I've been on PM for 8 mo. now. I used to weight train but not heavy, just to rev up my lean mass. I'll be on NBE 4 years this summer & I've had modest growth til the past few months.
Thanks again for sharing your wisdom.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon