Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

RECEPTOR REGULATION

Haha lotus I'm in med school so I'm used to putting in 12-14 hours of reading so trust me this is "fun" reading for me. And no I meant the estrogen effect on FSH, since high levels of estrogen secreted by the theca interna causes a drop in FSH. Was thinking maybe that's what caused my anovulatory cycle when I took 1000mg of PM.

Thank you both for the reply, this will be my bedtime story for tonight, definitely saving it up for later after I'm done studying. Not enough studies out there on herbs and it's effects on us, which is a total loss. Was thinking about making a thread about Maca and it's effect on the sympathetic. Need to start researching it extensively first, I think it's extremely interesting how it has an effect of the extrinsic regulation of the heart and the pontine center responsible for REM sleep (which is something I've realized based on my experiences and others on this forum)
I think we should start making a study of our own by observing how members on this forum react to different herbs and try to understand how this herb effects our body. Would be like our own trial studies.

But that will be difficult since most members take different herbs at the same time.

(21-06-2014, 07:15 PM)peggy Wrote:  But that will be difficult since most members take different herbs at the same time.

Yeah but there's so many members on this forum that come and go for years now. If we make a thread asking about what people are taking and the side effects they're experiencing it will give us an idea about the effect of some herbs and we can start researching from there. We can start off with common herbs to narrow it down.

Sure, this could be interesting. Smile

(21-06-2014, 07:21 PM)AquaArab Wrote:  
(21-06-2014, 07:15 PM)peggy Wrote:  But that will be difficult since most members take different herbs at the same time.

Yeah but there's so many members on this forum that come and go for years now. If we make a thread asking about what people are taking and the side effects they're experiencing it will give us an idea about the effect of some herbs and we can start researching from there. We can start off with common herbs to narrow it down.

That's cool AA, good luck luck w/school. Wink I've been wanting to do a DHT study. something along these lines

1) Have members list their anti-androgen w/dosages and times
2) Detail how often shaving is needed/monitor any excess body hair
3) List any side effects
4) Other parameters to consider

I've also been looking into oxidative stress, but imo NBE research is pretty much wide open, what's our budget? Lol.

Big Grin

Thank you Smile

Oh that should be easy since most of the people on here are including an anti-androgen in their programs. Spearmint hasn't lessened my excess body hair in anyway nor helped with the acne that I got since starting NBE. Only thing that helped my skin was High doses of SP and it still had no effect on my hair regrowth. I don't have PCOS, nor are my Ts above normal range. My mom definitely gave me her hairy genes!

Lotus i'd be more than happy to help with any research, after I finish my exams though, will definitely have more time for this type of fun! #totalnerd

(21-06-2014, 08:12 PM)AquaArab Wrote:  Thank you Smile

Oh that should be easy since most of the people on here are including an anti-androgen in their programs. Spearmint hasn't lessened my excess body hair in anyway nor helped with the acne that I got since starting NBE. Only thing that helped my skin was High doses of SP and it still had no effect on my hair regrowth. I don't have PCOS, nor are my Ts above normal range. My mom definitely gave me her hairy genes!

Lotus i'd be more than happy to help with any research, after I finish my exams though, will definitely have more time for this type of fun! #totalnerd

Cool, Tongue

I'll keep a seat warm for ya!!. Birth control is another topic that needs focus, my own personal opinion is that NBE competes with bc, an opinion shared by someone high up in (BN). Wink

Another issue I'm seeing,

Spearmint-anti-androgenic properties reduce the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected.

Following the pathway of DHEA, where does it end up?

Exactly!!, does it explain everything?, who knows, but it would fascinating to find out. Big Grin

Green tea and red reishi lower dht. Mints lower free testosterone, but there is nothing on it lowering dht, there is just an implication that it could lower hair problems. I've also heard before, green tea gets rid of body hair. Pygeum and nettle might also do it too. I think dht and daidzein are the main culprits rather than other androgens for body hair.

More:
Hops, and genistein upregulate PR. - pmid= 11368622
Genistein upregulates ER-alpha. PMC3577460
ECGC from green tea upregulates ER-alpha, PMC2967543 PMC3360625
but green tea's caffeine might work against NBE. Green tea is an ingredient in herbal reduction, and it is general belief that it works against NBE.
Chromium downregulates Estrogen receptors, while chromium is a dietary need, too much then it becomes a carcinogen.

The information about receptor regulation are about breast cancer cells, but it is relevant because they sensitize these receptors so cancer fighting drugs can bind to cells then be more effective. (explained in many of the sources) It is extremely rare, if not unavailable to find a study on chemicals' regulation effects on healthy cells. Other research I look at is about healthy cells, and herbs that inhibit cancer.

PR= progesterone receptor
ER= estrogen receptor
ER-alpha (ER-α) and PRB are found in the breast

I believe based on what I've read and put together:
estrogen activates ER, but it downregulates it
progestins activates PR, but downregulates it (link to study is on post #20)

estrogens might upregulate PR
progestin might upregulate ER

Downregulating receptors makes them unresponsive to body processes.

(22-06-2014, 02:59 PM)lovely11 Wrote:  The information about receptor regulation are about breast cancer cells, but it is relevant because they sensitize these receptors so cancer fighting drugs can bind to cells then be more effective. (explained in many of the sources) It is extremely rare, if not unavailable to find a study on chemicals' regulation effects on healthy cells. Other research I look at is about healthy cells, and herbs that inhibit cancer.

This is the point about receptor regulation

Quote:the receptor control theory postulates that our set points for regulating weight, energy, or pleasure are variable; they are directly related to the number, sensitivity and location of cellular receptors in our bodies, and can be modified by changing the number and sensitivity of these receptors.

Like I said, want to know more? Read the article,

http://gettingstronger.org/2010/10/chang...-setpoint/

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon