Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men

I had told a friend (in medical related field) at a party that DMAE & Centophenoxine have shown some promise in reducing/removing beta amyloid plaques...a chief suspected culprit when it comes to Alzheimer's.

While looking for references to that, I came across research (I'm sure I've seen this before, but taking another look at it in this (NBE) context).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2390933/

pharmacological depletion of androgens and inhibition of androgen signaling in men may be predicted to yield deleterious cognitive consequences

and that androgen depletion – either through normal aging or pharmacological action – can result in specific cognitive impairments

What's interesting are the implications for intentionally trying to reduce androgens (and not the report's leaning towards promoting androgen therapy). Section 4 may be of interest in what that means in relation to estrogen.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by VergeOfDiscovery - 06-12-2016, 01:26 AM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by julieTG - 08-12-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by Lotus - 09-12-2016, 06:02 AM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by Lotus - 09-12-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by VergeOfDiscovery - 09-12-2016, 11:47 PM