Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men

Lotus, that last section seems to suggest that estrogen has a protective effect in relation to AD, which is good to see.

For those that are interested, 60 Minutes just did a piece on AD...which is what got me thinking about Centrophenoxine & DMAE again in the first place. The gist of their report is that scientists do believe that reduction and removal of beta amyloid plaques has something to do with preventing AD, but they just haven't been able to prove it. Now, with this HUGE family tree (with this gene) as a willing, living lab, they will see what taking a LONG TERM approach to reducing and removing beta amyloid plaques can do.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-a...ley-stahl/

For the record, I've been taking DMAE for years now (sort of a living experiment as well)...the one supplement I still take from all my experiments with nootropics (although not in the high amounts suggested for the purpose above).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by VergeOfDiscovery - 06-12-2016, 01:26 AM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by julieTG - 08-12-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by Lotus - 09-12-2016, 06:02 AM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by Lotus - 09-12-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Androgen depletion and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in men - by VergeOfDiscovery - 09-12-2016, 11:47 PM