Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Unwanted body hair (archive thread)

Unwanted body hair
July 28 2008 at 8:22 AM Username (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, does anyone know how to naturally and effectively remove unwanted male body hair? This is a major problem for me!!! If I carry on taking a large amount of herbals should it thin naturally over time anyway?

Author Reply

Dee
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Unwanted body hair July 28 2008, 3:29 PM

hormone replacement therapy will eventually cause it to slow down and become finer, but only in some places.

The only way to get rid of it forever is laser treatment. There's a new laser system called Soprano that is extremely fast, almost pain free and highly effective. They can cover large areas of your body in a matter of minutes. I may take several treatments. Problem is, it's expensive.

The short term and much cheaper option is an epilator. It pulls the hair all the way out, it doesn't shave it off at skin level, it removes the entire hair all the way down into the root. Over time, this damages the follicle enough that the hair will grow back very slowly and much finer, more like peach fuzz rather than coarse male body hair. It takes time and repeated use. It's also a little painful. It's not permanent at all, you have to do it over and over and over again. But it's worth it in the long run. No stubble. Nice and smooth, the result is worth the effort and pain. You do get used to it and over time it becomes less painful to the point of it is not a big deal at all.

Hormones can help *some* with body hair but they can not and will not eliminate it. That doesn't happen.
Anyone pimping a product (such as herbals or cremes) that they claim will get rid of body hair is a scammer.

username
(no login) Thanks July 28 2008, 5:40 PM

Thanks for the advice Dee, think I'vechecked out mot of those options, I wish I could afford the laser treatment Sad do you think enough herbals may thin it out over time if I manage to get the T far enough down and the E far enough up? I've heard your hormone levels can slow down the hir growth and cause a big improvement. At least I now have boobs though - filling an 'A' cup nicelyWink

Sylviatob
(no login) Unwanted hair removal August 4 2008, 5:48 PM

As Dee mentioned, one way is laser treatment. An alternative to that is electrolysis. In addition, laser treatment will not work on gray hair or hair that's lost it's pigment color. I'm one of those's. Sad
However, electro is permanent. one session & it's gone forever(at least for me).
I've been in transition for 4 years now, and I've all but eliminated all leg, chest & underarm hair. But I'm on a full hormone regimen, and will not recommend it for someone just wanting to get rid of unwanted hair. There are MANY side effects to that regimen many of which you may not want.

Have you tried Nair for Men? It could be a suitable alternative for you. Just my $0.02 worth. Smile

riven_one
(Login riven_one) Re: Unwanted body hair August 4 2008, 11:42 PM

Speaking of nair for men - i've been using a hair removal product from revitol that seems to work pretty well; it does not burn your skin as quick as the nair stuff can (so i'm told by a buddy that tried it and burned his chest off) and gets a lot (not all) of the hair off. Repeated applications get more hair.

http://www.revitol.com/product/overview/...val_Cream/

Their info glows a bit more than the product does, so take the ad hype with a grain of salt. It also stinks to high heaven, and takes some getting used to.

I'd recommend that if you try a product such as this use nitrle rubber gloves on the hand that you use to apply it. I burned my finger tips, and learned a lesson.

Dee
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Unwanted body hair August 5 2008, 7:38 AM

those hair removal chemicals are pretty much the same thing as drain clog opener.
I think it's lye or very similar to lye. That stuff is HARSH on your skin.
And it doesn't last long.

If you're a normal male with normal T levels, body hair will grow back as fast as you can remove it.
Pretty much at the same rate facial hair grows back after shaving it.

The ONLY thing that I have found that helps and makes a significant difference is a serious HRT regime, such as what you would take to transition to full female. AND even then, you have to work at removing it. I use an epilator and I love it.

I've been on HRT about a year and a half or more and finally my body hair is showing signs of vanishing. It's turning into vellous hair on most of me (very fine baby hair, peach fuzz) but some places are stubborn, namely my arms. As was stated above, a few years on major hormones will make a huge difference.

IF you plan to transition, wait on spending your money on lasering your body, which is hugely expensive, give hormones a chance for few years first. After 3 or 4 years a lot of it should go away and you won't have to spend anywhere near as much getting the remaining bit removed.

Username
(no login) Re: Unwanted body hair August 5 2008, 8:51 AM

Thanks for all the advice everyone, this forum is a great help!!!

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of / used a device called TRIA (tria.co.uk) have been doing some research and it looks like this thing uses the same technology as 'proper' laser hair removal, but you can buy it for $650 (I think). If this is feasible then I'm very tempted. I'd like the full hormone regimen eventually as Dee suggests but just don't think I'm quite ready for it yet. However I have just ordered some progesterone cream. I'd also be glad to hear any stories people have about using this!!

All the best.

Edit Message Delete Message

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Unwanted body hair August 5 2008, 10:25 PM

Well, if TRIA uses the same technology as proper laser hair removal, it's nothing you should attempt playing with. I didn't check out the website, but all I'm saying is that laser treatment requires a lot of knowledge and training to do. It is very easy to cause permanent skin damage and severe burns if you don't know what you're doing. And you have no idea what laser does to the tissue on a long term basis. No one does, because research doesn't go back that far. The only permanent way to eliminate hairgrowth that has been proven safe is electrolysis which is terribly time consuming and therefore expensive.

Dreamer
(Login Boob-Dreamer)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Unwanted body hair August 6 2008, 2:58 AM

Has anyone tried using any of the home electrolysis kits such as marketed by companies like Baby-liss. See:-

http://www.shop-com.co.uk/Babyliss_Elect...urceid=309

Dreamer

username
(no login) Re: Unwanted body hair August 6 2008, 1:48 PM

Had a look at that, dreamer. I don't think electrolysis works unless the current is delivered direct to the follicle to kill it. For this you need a needle type arrangement that delivers that. You can get these devices for home use and they do work, problem is they can only do one at a time Sad Let me give you an analogy for my situation in relation to this - it's like trying to earn Richard Branson's billions by saving a tenner a day.

One day I'll be rid of it though, I'll have estrogen running through my veins saying 'no more' and I'll get closer to the feminine figure and demeanour I've always wanted.

Dreamer
(Login Boob-Dreamer)
SENIOR MEMBER Unwanted body hair August 6 2008, 7:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I believe that the intended way for the home electrolysis to work is either blitz each hair individually using special tweezers or to treat a wider area using pads. The follicles being killed using an RF signal that penetrates into them. I just wondered if anyone had actually used this sort of approach to get a view of how well it worked - if at all - rather than theorising.
Dreamer

Dee
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Unwanted body hair August 6 2008, 9:19 PM

the pads are bogus.

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/796_hair.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_removal

http://www.hairfacts.com/

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Unwanted body hair August 6 2008, 9:46 PM

Well you don't kill the follicles at all with electrolysis. I have been working extra at a cosmetics shop/beauty parlour for about 20 years and the skin therapist there does electrolysis with the needle method. I have a hard time believing that tweezer electro would be as effective as needle.

How the hair grows:
The hairs grow out of something that looks a bit like a small onion. The nutrition for the hairgrowth comes to the "onion" through our blood stream.

Electrolysis:
Every time we insert an electrolysis needle into the "onion" and sends a current through it, it contracts and we lessen the amount of nutrition that passes through. Every electrolysis session shrinks the onion until it is only capable of producing very fine hairs or no hairs at all.

Often, it takes several treatments to get rid of unwanted hair. It is a gradual process to make a follicle go from producing thick coarse hairs, to producing thin vellus hair. Only a few very lucky people get rid of unwanted hair in just one session.

Feminization: reducing unwanted hair
July 31 2008 at 10:55 AM Conner (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a natural product than can do this? (reduce unwanted body hair)

Author Reply
erthm
(no login) Re: Feminization: reducing unwanted hair August 7 2008, 7:00 AM

there is no natural product you can spray on which will remove body hair permanently. there are a couple of products which are good to get rid of hair but you still have to use the products to avoid re-growth. they call it semi-permanent hair removal. can't see the point of it myself, you may as well have laser treatment.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon