Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Do I have gynecomastia, i.e. breasts? (archive thread)

Do I have gynecomastia, i.e. breasts?
December 12 2007 at 5:16 AM Forrester (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I stumbled on this forum while doing an internet search on "male breast".

The discussion here is interesting to say the least. I'm not really interested in growing my breasts beyond where they are, but you all seem very knowledgeable, and so maybe you can help me a bit, or at least point me to some good resources.

I'm a 39 yo male in generally excellent physical condition. I'm active, I work out 3-4 times a week and bike or rollerblade when the weather permits.

I'm mostly happily married. And, in the interest of unabashed honesty, ever since I was in the third grade, I've wondered if I should have been born into a female body. The feeling comes and goes. It has mostly manifested itself as crossdressing and fantasizing. I don't feel the desire to take action with hormones or surgery, let alone trying to live as a woman. But I respect those whose path includes these steps. It just isn't for me.

Despite never taking hormones, I have a female-pattern fat distribution. It mostly collects on my hips, thighs, butt, upper arms, and chest. Very little visceral, upper abdominal, or back fat. Needless to say, I do my best to keep in shape. But I still have a 31" waist and 39" hips.

And I have a somewhat feminine face. Though I have very short hair, I get mistaken for a woman sometimes, and have been my entire life. I've been mistaken for a woman while wearing a suit and tie! Maybe it has something to do with a weird hormonal makeup. To be honest, it bothers me and thrills me at the same time.

And I have a small bit of a chest. Maybe a bit over an A cup. And when I'm disciplined in my workouts, they are less evident. I have been to a few endos, inquiring as to whether I had gynecomastia. No, one assured me, I had normal development. Another simply suggested I had low testosterone without doing any labs. Another doctor repeatedly asked me what hormones or steroids I took, despite my insistence that I hadn't taken any. So, no really satisfying answers.

Regarding my breast, I can distinctly feel, in a spoke pattern radiating from the nipple, something like elongated clusters of very small grapes. When I massage these little masses, wow does it feel good. It starts off being a bit painful. But about 3-4 minutes into the massage, I start to feel an incredible sense of relaxation, like I'm floating in warm pool. It reminds me of the buzz I got from Ecstacy when I took it once many years ago. I keep myself from doing this massage, however, since it does cause my breasts to get bigger. They grow a bit and get very sensitive when I massage them over a period of days. They once got so sensitive that I wore a bra for a 2-3 weeks under baggy sweaters (and it was a regular 36B bra, a sport bra made them feel worse) , until they got back to normal.

I was rollerbalding on a beach a few years ago, and a woman rode up on a bike behind me, and said something like, "honey, you're going to have to put your top back on, this isn't a nude beach..." Her jaw dropped when I turned to her and said, "huh?" in my baritone voice...hehehe...only then did she see the somewhat sparse dark hair on my chest...I get a few funny looks when I have my shirt off in public, but it's never stopped me.

My nipples are kind of large for a male too, one of them is 8mm and the other is 10mm across. My areolae are 32mm and 35mm.

OK, So, my question is, is this a form of gynecomastia? I have no hard lump under the nipples, more like a small-scale form of what is in a genetic woman's breast. The size of the nipples/areolae, these masses (lobules?), and the response to massage don't seem like normal male territory. This question has vexed me for many years, and conventional authority hasn't gotten me any answers so far.

My best to all of you.

Author Reply
Davilee
(Login Davata) Hiya Forrester! December 12 2007, 8:03 AM

Sorry...I havent replied sooner...Ive not benn around much...
Well,you sound very nice looking.
Wow,I wish I naturally had what you do as far asbreast development.

Yes,from what you describe you do have aveoli and lobules...mammary gland development.
I guess what you have is technically called gynecomastia.
However,since the breasts have the same potentials in both sexes....I dont really differentiate with words like that.
Its what your attitude is and whether its a positive OR an negative thing.
I think that if you are positive about it,and like them as they are then I wouldnt say its any problem.
I think that its quite intriguing that they are so easily primed for progressing in size...WOW...many women would love to have breasts like that.
Well,if you can feel those glands..then you definitely have been developing through the years.
You probably dont feel any firm spot behind your nipples,because,you have already went beyond that stage...from what you describe..you have a ductal system and mammary glands present and waiting for potential development.
There is a milk sinus behind your nipple...it sometimes doesnt show up until you try and stimulate lactation.
Ive developed mine due to vacuum work.trying to stretch the tissues and cause enlargement.
I bet you stimulate some kind of lymph or milk development very easily..with the right combo of herbs and massage and progesterone and a certain drug,which causes the milk release.It sounds like you are kinda susceptible to lactation.
Of course..thats probably not for you...Im guessing.
Yah,I wish mine were as far along as yours.

Yes,I think massaging is very good..yes,it does feels very nice.
..but,in your case,it probably does feel very,very good as you have a lot more structure in your breasts than typical males.

Anytime you want to talk,just ask.You are welcome to write to me,at my private Email address if you like also.

Im not sure if I answered all your questions,I will have to recheck your note.

~Bye~

Forrester
(no login) Re: Do I have gynecomastia, i.e. breasts? December 12 2007, 1:04 PM

Davilee, thank you for your answer. This is what I thought but was looking for confirmation.

No, I definitely don't feel negatively about it.

And despite the willingness of a few endos to prescribe testosterone, I have avoided taking it because it would cause things that I like about my body, such as the fat distribution, to change. I don't want a paunch or to start balding.

It's not as if I don't have enough testosterone anyway. My wife and I have regular sex, I have enough facial hair that I could grow a mustache and goatee (but probably not a full beard), and I get delayed onset muscle soreness when I work out hard.

Cyclops
(no login) Re: Do I have gynecomastia, i.e. breasts? December 17 2007, 6:25 PM

I assure you that what you can feel is not what men typically feel, so yes you have some breast there.

ManyQuestions
(Login ManyQuestions) Yes December 17 2007, 11:55 PM

We are not doctors. But to this non-doctor it definitely sounds like you are very lucky in the nipple/breast department. You can call it "not typically male" or "some signs of gynecomastia" or whatever you like. But all I know is that I would gladly trade breasts/nipples with you. I would also explore, through massage, etc their potential if I were you, but everyone is different.

I was wondering - if I may be so bold as to ask you - have you had any fertility problems?

ManyQuestions

Carla F
(no login) Re: Do I have gynecomastia, i.e. breasts? March 25 2008, 8:25 AM

Definitely not typical for the male body, that's for certain. Something gone on there for sure.

Donna
(no login) Re: Do I have gynecomastia, i.e. breasts? March 25 2008, 8:46 AM

Gynecomastia is the term used for excessive breast tissue that is visible in males. "Excessive" means more than 2 cm (about 0.75 inches) of firm tissue that you can feel around the nipple.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Do I have gynecomastia, i.e. breasts? April 1 2008, 4:54 PM

Davilee: you said "You probably dont feel any firm spot behind your nipples,because,you have already went beyond that stage..." just wondering, do you know of what can make a person go beyond that stage? Because I so have that fim spot behind my nipples and have the smallest breasts around. I'm from Eve's main board by the way and some other girls on there found this hard spot behind their nipples too (there was a very long thread about it, but everyone has since stopped talking about it). We never really figured out what it was or what we could do about it. Thanks! Hope you don't mind me posting/asking you here.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: oh even though I have the hardness under my nipple I do still have lobes throughout my itty bitty breasts. how is that possible? haha

This message has been edited by Hopeful88 on Apr 1, 2008 10:13 PM
This message has been edited by Hopeful88 on Apr 1, 2008 4:56 PM

Edit Message Delete Message

Davilee
(Login Davata) Oh,Im so sorry Hopeful! July 16 2008, 9:22 AM

I've been away from here for too long,and Im going throught the past posts to see if I missed some questions or something.

Well,....Ehh,..I cant rightly give an answer to that...HAHA
I was just giving my technical opinion about it really.

My own anecdotal evidence as it were.

I mean,..I thought everybody started like that and then the hard spot progressed into the expansion of the branchings of the alveoli and glandular system.

I shouldve known there were folks that werent typical...HAHA
No offense intended..okay?

Idk hon'..what it means for you....since you have lobes or whatever...Thats interesting though,...as to how your breasts are structured,I mean.

For myself,that small spot just morphed into a larger and growing area of tissue that is very firm and thickening.I still have a problem with developing proper breast fat deposits.

I tend to be slender and have a high metabolism,and that doesnt help.

>>Davilee
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon