Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Echos

Would anyone happen to know why my replies to posts are being echoed? I am making these posts from my cell phone, using my computer is not an option at this point as it is about 150 miles from where I am. Well we'll see if this post gets echoed.

Dave

What do you mean by echo? Do you mean double posting? It's most likely a connection issue on your part. Double posting tends to happen when you click on "Post Reply" and you experience lag so you click again, thinking your post isn't going through. Or maybe you double-click on "Post Reply" and your phone lags between the clicks. Or maybe you reloaded (either by clicking refresh or going back from a later page onto the reply page) the "reply posted" page.

Whichever of these cases happened, the forum server interpreted the action as you posting a separate reply. To fix it, just click once and then wait out the load, or don't click the Back button if you've recently posted a reply.

Hi Nyc, thanks for the reply. In regards to what is happening, my replies are being echoed (doubled) in one post. For example, see my reply to Mg Converter, it's the one just below this one in this forum. Thanks again. Dave

Oh I see. I think it still has something to do with lag on your phone, though I'm not sure exactly how, probably the same way a double post happens. I wouldn't worry too much about it since it doesn't look like it's happening anymore.

Thanks Nyc,
I'll just try it out and see what happens.
Dave

I think part of the problem may be the fact that when I enter text for a post, I'm not entering from the keyboard to browser to web, but from keyboard to the phone's editor to the browser to web.

My phone is a Nokia X2-01, the browser is Opera Mini, a version for most mobile phones with Java. Opera has not written a version specificly for my model phone. It doesn't integrate smoothly with the phone, for example, it uses it's own clipboard not the phone's. And the phone can't access the browser's clipboard, so if I copy something to paste, it's not available in the phone's editor.

I'm using Opera Mini, because of memory problems when using the browser that came on the phone. Now ain't that a kick, even the software written for the phone doesn't work right.I think part of the problem may be the fact that when I enter text for a post, I'm not entering from the keyboard to browser to web, but from keyboard to the phone's editor to the browser to web.

My phone is a Nokia X2-01, the browser is Opera Mini, a version for most mobile phones with Java. Opera has not written a version specificly for my model phone. It doesn't integrate smoothly with the phone, for example, it uses it's own clipboard not the phone's. And the phone can't access the browser's clipboard, so if I copy something to paste, it's not available in the phone's editor.

I'm using Opera Mini, because of memory problems when using the browser that came on the phone. Now ain't that a kick, even the software written for the phone doesn't work right.

Information 

Problem also occurs when entering search terms on Wikipedia.

Solution: Use computer, not phone for posting.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon