Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

T levels can cause gender disphoria on partial fem Male Brains ?

Yes. Brain sex is fixed before birth. And most male NBEers on PM experience no shift. It's not the PM. It must be something else. I don't want to scare you, but most shifts like that are caused by either medication or tumors that produce one or another sex steroid locally.

Well, since the topic has come up again, I tried that cogiati thing again. Again, I did not finish it. My score on it flies way under zero, then way over as I go along. I find many of the questions just make me wonder who really thinks those things are representative of the differences between male and female thinking. I just can't get it done. It annoys me too much. I considered trying it without the questions I think aren't relevant but that feels like an even bigger waste of time, and perhaps a bit egotistical.

Why don't they just have a single question. Do you like football, or is purple one of the nicer colours? If you answered that you like purple footballs but not professional sports, then you are not suited to taking such a test.

Still in a mood...

(26-09-2011, 01:55 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Yes. Brain sex is fixed before birth. And most male NBEers on PM experience no shift. It's not the PM. It must be something else. I don't want to scare you, but most shifts like that are caused by either medication or tumors that produce one or another sex steroid locally.

PM is not medication then? Huh

It is well known that transitioning T-girls often go through a second puberty, becoming more prone to emotional outbursts and such like. I am NOT claiming that PM changes your sexuality or gender, but it may have the ability to amplify what was already there and ruthlessly suppressed.

I spent years suppressing any acknowledgement of being TV. Even now I cannot describe myself as such in face to face conversation, not even to my wife who buys me knickers from time to time. The habit has become so ingrained and so strong it is practically a reflex. When you have lived your life suppressing various features of your personality is it really that surprising if you exhibit a sudden change when taking strong drugs?

The vast majority of male NBEers may well never have faced this (TV) issue so for them no great changes are seen or felt, but until you start taking stuff like PM, how can you possibly know what will switch on or off?

Beverley

Thank you Beverley,

Suppression explains ìt, yes. PM is strong enough to get you over that.

You're right, sfem,

Most people will find the test irritating, annoying, or down right insulting. It was not designed by a professional psychologist, so nothing was checked on how it makes people feel.

The person who made it took the questions from a book about brain sex. Women are from Venus, and men from Mars, that sort of thing. The funny thing is, the "brain sex" concept was challenged many times since, but appears to be valid in the end. One question would do, yes: how big is your car?

Oh Yikes
Got me flapping now,

My score was 20 and if TS ??????

Please dont tell me I will eventually transition , I dont want to be a woman, but I do like feeling like one

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE ?

Julie

(26-09-2011, 02:47 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  One question would do, yes: how big is your car?

are you sure? I had for many years a big car, but was not at all meaningful in this sense, the mother of my son loves it as well, she desired it and she still would like to have it and she hasn't any gender issue ;-) as for everything, there are cars and cars

Funny: my ex wanted big cars too Big Grin

Strewth, I go to work for a few hours and find this thread has caught fire whilst I'm gone!Big Grin

OK, my two penn'orth on various thoughts posted since yesterday:

Firstly, to sfem re the COGIATI test - I know it seems illogical and I know Isabelle says it wasn't created by a psychologist, but it very much reminds me of a professional test ( I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called) that I've had to do a couple of times at work in the past. That also had sets of apparently nonsensical questions and then later on appeared to ask exactly the same thing but in a different way. Things like, choose between these two statements, "I like football" and "I like pink" and then later, "I like team sports" and "I like dancing"... I made those up but the point is not necessarily the question, but the combined answers, in that taken overall, it shows a trend not an absolute. If I were answering my own questions here, I would always take whatever was not football, team sports, and anything similar because I can't really conceive of anything worse than team sports! If that is then analysed, it probably in employment terms says that I am a loner, not a team player, or whatever. In COGIATI terms it probably says that I am X% female. Smile

I'm interested in the COGIATI scores that people have reported in this thread. Everyone seems to have reported positive scores whereas mine a few weeks ago was -70 and described as Androgyne. Beverley says hers was 280, but I wonder if that should be -280, because I've seen definite TS's report scores in the high MINUS 200's in other places.
As for Julie, whether yours is 20 or -20, I wouldn't worry, you're nearer to the middle than me and I'm quite certain I'm not TS.Big Grin

(26-09-2011, 03:34 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Funny: my ex wanted big cars too Big Grin

:-) she as well, in general (she is somehow an "alpha bitch" ;-) ) she loves big cars, but that one is not a "male big car", it was known as The Goddess, in the Nederlands is quite loved as well, I saw many of them when I was living there...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon