Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

To DaviLee - My Dosha (archive thread)

To DaviLee - My Dosha
August 14 2007 at 9:59 PM Fennel Fairy (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that you know a lot about the Ayur Vedic health theories. I was wondering if you've got any good links to share because I'd like to find out what would suit me in terms of diet, activities and other things.

I am a Pitta. Very much so. When I was younger I was a Pitta/Vata with a Vata (very slim and underweight but somewhat athletic) body type but I have become more of a total Pitta after I had my children. Too much Pitta! I'm too temperamental, too impatient and I like food far too much LOL. I just look at food and I put on weight. Is there a way to get the balance right?

Any suggestions?

Author Reply
Davilee
(no login) Hey Big Sis.....hehe August 15 2007, 9:51 AM

Well,...I assume ya looked at our little chats about it over yonder....
Laduline had some links..and I have some more I will give ya..
I havent been to them yet..so i cant speak on their content..ok?

One from over there is ; .ayurvedaonline.com
heres new ones that i havent put up over there yet:
>.balanceayurvedic.com
>.tattvasherbs.com ;this is an ayurveda herbals and oils site
>.dr-franklin.com ; ayur.practitioner,has info. I think*
>.lifescript.com ; is supposed to have info on doshas and foods.(?)
>.holisticonline.com ; i jotted this down ,i think its related to Ayurveda.

Yes alot of gals seem to be Pitta blended with a little of something else.

Im just getting into this system and I know enough to know that I dont know a lot...hahaha

There's just so much to learn about it...the food info is such a vast amount of info....i havent been on any of the other sites yet.

I just know basics right now....BUT..to answer your question as to your dosha balancing..yah thats what its all about..finding what foods you should be eating *and at which times..you know we need different things at different stages as we go through a year and the seasons..

Knowing what your main dosha constitution is then you can choose what foods are its balancing energies,ya know.... its complimentary energies.

For now heres a little from my book:
^^Pitta pacifying in the Pitta woman
>avoid acidic foods,tomatoes,oranges,hot spices,alcohol,coffee,watch too much meats,watch too much diary
>Tonic herbs:aloe vera juice,shatavari,vitex,sarsaparilla,wild yam,dong quai(larger doses may aggravate pitta,black cohosh,licorice root,peony root
^^Cooling astringent herbs for toning the Uterus:
>nettles,raspberry leaves,motherwort,strawberry leaves,squaw vine
^^Liver herbs are very important for the pitta person as well,they will keep energy flowing and help to alleviate some of the anger,heat,and frustration that may manifest(the authors words)
^^For aiding the liver in processing hormones and thus aiding in menstruation..
>Tonic formula:2 parts wild yam,2 parts licorice,1 pt.burdock root,2 pts dandelion root,1 pt comfrey root,2 pts sarsaparilla,1 pt vitex,1/2 pt dong quai,1/4 pt ginger......powder and put into gelatin 00 caps.
>For cramping:2 pts chamomile,1pt yarrow,1 pt cramp bark,1 pt skullcap,1 pt peppermint,1 pt squaw vine
--gently simmer the cramp bark for 10 min. then add the other herbs and steep for additional 10 min.;Strain,and drink 1/4 cup every 15 min until relief is felt...A hot ginger compress placed against the uterus area may also be helpful
^^She stressed that Pitta people really watch their liver as it is the "fiery" organ ,is the cause of most pitta disorders.
Explosive temper is the sign of a overheated liver
Excessive bile or congested bile flow can cause ulcers,heartburn and other conditions accompanied by burning sensations.
**My thought:I read that excessive Prolactin can cause bile duct blockages.
**My thought:The liver processes fats and,so it would be good to take some supplements that caused better fats breakdown and metabolism;soy lecithin is good for that.And its good for brain health and nervous system.
^^For general liver cleansing ,She Recommended: *Milk Thistle,
*Castor oil massages into the entire liver area just below the right side ribs,if too much aching there after then be careful using castor oil as it may be causing cleansing too fast.

This is her info. so...you know most of these herbs and you can decide what to do as you review some other sites also...
like I said I wrote a list of books in either *Sophie's Weeeee!threads OR in *Laduline's body dosha threads.

I hope this helps,Ms.Fennel,...bye

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Thanks! August 15 2007, 5:17 PM

You are a great source of info DL!
I will check out those links.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon