Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Combining herbs

Hi all,
I was wondering.
Is there something like a 'perfect' combination of herbs one can use?
I've been using Hop now for about 6 months,
since 15 days I've started to add PM, SP and FG.
I'm considering stopping everything and starting up again in a week or so with what I would call a 'perfect' combination.
Only problem : I don't know what that is...
who can help?

Hi Hanah,

Are you using Ainterol or Biovea?

With this combo, you´ll get way too much anti-androgen, and probably estrogen dominance. There are lists in my program thread about what herb contains what.

Hi Isabelle,

I'm using the Biovea PM.
How do you mean too much?
what should I do then? stop with some of them? could you give advice?
thanks,
Hanah

Hi Hanah,

Anti-androgens have disadvantages too: they make you depressed, kill your libido, ruin your ability to cope with stress, and even cause osteoporosis. If you don´t get breakouts and don´t lose hair, you get enough anti-androgen. More will only cause trouble.

The best advice I can give is to continue your experiment. You are the first person I know to use hops and PM together. It may work, because hops is a mood downer, and PM is a mood upper.

Hops and PM are both phyto-estrogens and anti-androgens. SP is a third anti-androgen, and I think this is too much. People on PM get headaches from estrogen dominance, and hops will only make it worse. You will need a lot of FG to make enough progesterone to balance the estrogens. You may have to go to twice as much as hops+PM.

You can also add fennel tea, about a quarter of the amount of hops+PM will do. Fennel is a phyto-estrogen and increases prolactin.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

I'm also trying Hops with my PM intake. I was taking 2000mg of PM a day but I've recently modified my herbal program trying to find what works best for my body.

Pueraria Mirifica (Ainterol)
Hops Flowers
Spearmint/Peppermint (bulk leaves and store-bought bags)
Fennel Seed
Saw Palmetto (v-caps)
Red Clover (liquid extract and v-caps)
Maca (v-caps)

To clarify: v-cap = vegetarian capsule, this wont be necessary for those who aren't vegetarians. Ainterol PM is vegetarian/vegan so I didn't feel that I needed to specifically label it as so.

I'm not an expert on these herbs, but these are the ones in which I'm experimenting with to find that perfect blend so to speak. So far by biggest jump came when I took excess levels of liquid red clover extract (2000mg 2 or 3 times a day), with 1000mg of PM (500 in morning and night), 4-6 cups of mint tea (atleast 2 of these cups I added a good pinch of fennel seed), 3000mg saw palmetto, and 4500mg of maca in the morning and at night.

My maca is 750mg per v-cap, but at a 6:1 ratio http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Raw-Maca-750mg/dp/B003O1NUMC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1317928065&sr=8-3

I've also dealt with headaches/migraines most of my life so I have to be extremely careful with the dosages I take so that I can diagnose if my symptoms are hormonal or something else.

you should probably not take maca and saw palmetto together and maca and pm seems like a strong combo, you should drop the maca

(07-10-2011, 02:49 AM)Marcykid011 Wrote:  you should probably not take maca and saw palmetto together and maca and pm seems like a strong combo, you should drop the maca

Specific reasons as to why these comments were added would be beneficial to anybody reading this. Maca as far as i know doesnt produce hormones but instead improves your libido and sexual function so why is this a bad thing.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon