Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and Progesterone

I gave in and could not resistDodgy

Have ordered some microgest progesterone just too see if it will help my aerolas colour and growth and hopefully maybe even increase nipple size

Will keep you all informed and maybe even some photos to catch pansies attention

Julie Tongue

And this bit will interest bryony the research hound

Read a bit somewhere today that progesterone decreases e function but more important cleaned the e receptors so they were more efficient when the e came back on tap so to speak.

My plan is too gently introduce and get some colour , then when growth achieved then finish the job with more progesterone .

Julie

(10-12-2011, 08:26 PM)julieTG Wrote:  And this bit will interest bryony the research hound

Read a bit somewhere today that progesterone decreases e function but more important cleaned the e receptors so they were more efficient when the e came back on tap so to speak.

My plan is too gently introduce and get some colour , then when growth achieved then finish the job with more progesterone .

Julie

Hmm. I dunno. There's an awful lot of conflicting stuff around, but then it may be regarding natural vs synthetics. This stuff is supposed to be natural, but then again, look at these warnings:

You should not use Microgest if you:
if you are allergic to peanuts as Microgest contains peanut oil and can cause an allergic reaction!!
have a past or family history of carcinoma of the breast, endometrial carcinoma or liver disease
have a history of thrombosis (blood clots) or stroke
have porphyria (a metabolic disease resulting in abnormal pigment in the urine and skin)
have abnormal genital bleeding of unknown cause
are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
are allergic to any of the ingredients in Microgest capsules
are taking other medications that may interact with Microgest, such as anticonvulsants like phenytoin and carbamazepin, anti-infectives like rifampicin, rifabutin, nevirapine, efavirenz, bromocriptine (for menstrual problems).

See: Microgest

Those sorts of warnings are what you get with pharmaceuticals, not herbals...

I'm happy sticking to PM at the moment. Especially as it takes away any desire to c-d, I'm not too bothered about developing my boobs, but, if I were, I think I'd want to get the PG from a herbal source that had been eaten by all and sundry for a long time without ill effects.

Just my opinion! - but I want to live as long as possible Smile

By balancing my mind, reducing my dependency on alcohol and comfort eating, PM has already helped a lot.

B.

PS have you considered getting your areolae tattooed? Big Grin

It seems many of the nasty effects of prog are related to the synthetics rather than the micronised prog ie microgest

At this stage just wish too see if it works

Will look up one or two points now though

Julie

There are no "herbal" sources of progesterone. Progesterone as sold in topical creams is synthesized in a lab from precursors in mexican wild yam, but it is a multi-step process that our bodies cannot duplicate. Even so, many on this site continue to take wild yam hoping against all logic and reason, that it will have similar effects as real progesterone.

Even Microgest is not "herbal", it is a pharmaceutical drug. Everything that I could find on progesterone suggests that it is the synthetic formulations (such as depot provera) that are mainly responsible for the more potentially dangerous side effects. Microgest apparently is bioidentical to progesterone produced in the body by the endocrine system and does not seem to cause the dangerous side effects.

In any case, do your research first before experimenting.

Thanks Chris Honey
spent all day reading and came up with the same results you did,

Micronised Pg seems far far safer,

Julie

(15-10-2011, 04:27 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I think, I'm going to go with the cream, to start with at least, and see what happens.
We can compare notes Big Grin

However based on the graph that I have, it should be something like:
Day 13,14, 15: 3000mg PM
Day 14,15,16,17: an equivalent amount of circulating Prog ( however you achieve that?)
Day 16,17,18 :2000mg PM
Day 19: 3000mg PM ( secondary peak)
Day 18-26: Diminishing Prog. down to nothing.
Day 20-28: Diminishing PM down to 500mg per day.
Day 1-12: Ramp PM back up to 2000mg/day
Day 13: Back to the start with sudden increase to 3000mg/day PM.

The worrying thing about this is that again it has the P right on top of the E, which si natural but at odds with the perceived wisdom of NBE

How is your experiment working?

Seems to me the question is, since development of breast buds seem to happen prior to a woman's first period, when (if ever) should you try to mimic the typical female hormone cycle? Personally mimicking the female cycle seems to be asking for problems. It might be best to check existing Male to Female transitioning hormone schedules / therapies to see what is currently working or the party line on adding progesterone to the regimen.

(21-02-2012, 10:44 AM)Hopefulmale Wrote:  How is your experiment working?

Well, tbh, it never really got off the ground for a number of reasons ,which are too complicated to go into here.

However I have been applying the recommended amount ( I think, its impossible to measure accurately) of the Prog cream for the last couple of weeks and there seems to be more feeling/awareness across the tops.

(21-02-2012, 10:44 AM)Hopefulmale Wrote:  Seems to me the question is, since development of breast buds seem to happen prior to a woman's first period, when (if ever) should you try to mimic the typical female hormone cycle?

As I've said before, natural prog production doesn't start until the boobs are getting towards the end of their development. On that basis I'm getting towards what I consider to be my optimum underlying growth size to allow me to disguise them when necessary, so they only need rounding out, which is the basis for me starting it about now.

(21-02-2012, 10:44 AM)Hopefulmale Wrote:  Personally mimicking the female cycle seems to be asking for problems. It might be best to check existing Male to Female transitioning hormone schedules / therapies to see what is currently working or the party line on adding progesterone to the regimen.

It is reckoned that you should always take a break of a few days to a week, every month, and that applies to pre-, peri- and post- menopausal women, and also on the TS sites that I've looked at.

For post-menopause they say apply 28 days, for pre- they say apply for 14 days. The TS sites suggest two options: a basic dose for 28 days or a double dose for 14 days, so you pays yer money and takes yer choice!

Dietary Sources of Progesterone

Here are a few links I found on this subject.

Persian Walnut (Juglans regia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walnut
http://www.livestrong.com/article/104098...gesterone/

The Persian walnut, also known as the English walnut, is one of the few plants for which definitive proof of the presence of progesterone is available. Researchers at the University of Illinois reported that that the Persian walnut (Juglans regina) has a variety of plant steroids, including progesterone, and they said this shows that plants and animals are more closely related than previously believed. This opens the door to more plant research for natural treatments for hormone-replacement therapies (HRT).

Butter, Cheese, Cream: http://www.docguide.com//progesterone-da...nted-sabcs
(high fat dairy products) http://www.scribd.com/doc/33380797/Proge...rn-Disease
The Journal of Applied Nutrition: http://www.iaacn.org/Jan_54-1.pdf

BigDave

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon