Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What to do about mother?

I know, ignore those who cut you down, but she used to be my biggest advocate and she's started to take jabs at me. I'm 5'2", a 32d/dd at the moment, and a size 0/2. She's shorter and rounder than i am, and has been dieting for years with no luck due to hypothryoid. I has my son a year ago on the 27th, and I managed to be one of those girls who pretty much disappeared after giving birth lol(i was a size 8 before).

Minus my stretchmarks, which im getting a dermaroller for christmas to fix, I am pretty impressed with my body. I am still doing nbe to get to my goal(stated in my sig). But as of recent my mom has been saying some short rude comments about my weight, how she can see my collarbone, how my pants are falling off, and started to tell me my boobs are shrinking and i need smaller bras! this is like right after my husband told me he noticed they were bigger!

first off, why is she acting like this now? And what on earth should i do about it? i am a 22 year old working mother and i just dont have time for her crap. and yes, i have told her this

Hi Kas,

She's jealous. What helps is to help her. Tell her what you are doing and advise her some thyroid supplements. Kelp, L-tyrosine, and I'm sure there are more goodies on the forum.

Even if that doesn't help her, it will take her focus off your body. Even if she still needs to vent, she'll find someone else.

I agree, and she´s probably frustrated about her own weight problems.

This must be especially hard for you as she´s your mom, it´s kind of worse when a parent talks you down. The only thing I can add is: try not to take it personally, see is as a manifestation of her own unhappiness, not as something directed towards you in particular (easier said than done, I know!). I have the problem of a father with a very bad temper, so I can somehow relate to what you´re going through. He would say very insensitive and even cruel remarks and not even take notice. It took me a lot of years to see his negativity as separated from me, but it used to make me very insecure when he was venting, like somehow it was because there was something wrong with me, you know?
Anyway, hang in there, if you´re happy with your body it shouldn´t be anybody´s business!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon