Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

An emotional few days

With what JulieTG (in another thread) says combined with what you are saying, it looks like a range of 1500mg - 3000mg would work for growth in most people.

Just my 2p worth.

Beverley

I do not neccesarily think American reseach, is imdicative of what goes on in the UK. We are a much more easy going, less religious, culture.
In the US, it is reckoned, that 39% of transsexuals. commit suicide and over 50% have attempted suicide. Even, if the rate, in the UK, was half that, it is a shocking statistic. At the end of the day, trying to suppress, one's transsexulity , is more of a curse, than a benefit; to those, close to ypu.

(04-11-2011, 11:29 PM)chrissie Wrote:  At the end of the day, trying to suppress, one's transsexulity , is more of a curse, than a benefit; to those, close to ypu.

I am finding that to be true. I can't give up the beneficial effects to my personality of PM, and it is making me grow, undeniably. I'm at the "coat hook" stage now, I nearly always wear T-shirts and they do stick through...

I think my story to the kids will be: I'd read that PM can reverse hair loss (true) with the risk of some breast enlargement. I found that, more importantly than arresting hair loss, it hugely affected my mental state for the better (undeniably true to all concerned) which I'm not prepared to do without, and if it means "old men's moobs", well, lots of people have them nowadays, and I don't want to be sub-clinically depressed anymore. There are no lies there, just "economy with the truth".

They'll either get to the point where they don't look too ridiculous on a man and stop, and they'll be our "little secret", or they'll get too big to hide (I hope! Do I?) and that may be the point for a conversation about options... ;-)

Bryony
No need to stop just run maintenance
Mental gains , boobs halt
Julie

(05-11-2011, 01:00 AM)bryony Wrote:  I think my story to the kids will be: I'd read that PM can reverse hair loss (true) with the risk of some breast enlargement.

For hair, I have also had success with Minoxidil that I order from the USA (Florida). It is the active ingredient in Regaine (Rogaine?) although it takes 4 to 6 months to see anything substantial. I get 3 bottles for £18 and each bottle lasts one month.

In the 'widows peak' areas, the hiar is slowly filling in and on the top of the head were the hair was thin, it is now getting much thicker. I order the 5% solution from http://minoxidil-direct.co.uk and I get the 5th one down in the list 3 Month Supply Minoxidil 5% Extra Strength for Men (3 60mL Bottles) £18.65. I would be further along with it but I got very cautious when I read that it make some hair fall out. Apparently this is called 'shedding' and is caused by a hair that was getting ready to fall out anyway being pushed out by new growth. When you apply the liquid to an area it can cause a lot of shedding. I did not really get a lot of this but I worried that I might do so I started by applying it in patches.

(05-11-2011, 01:00 AM)bryony Wrote:  I found that, more importantly than arresting hair loss, it hugely affected my mental state for the better ... I don't want to be sub-clinically depressed anymore

Oh dear - I have some news for you. I have bumped into a lot of TS people and a fairly common feature that they all had before starting their treatment was some form of depression. This usually led to increased weight as well and one lady has lost an unbelievable 8 stones. I had the excess weight, but not the depression. You are also having the mental effects of PM so I suspect that you definitely have a TS leaning.

What you need is information to help you understand yourself and this is a good resource http://www.gires.org.uk/transpeople.php

(05-11-2011, 01:00 AM)bryony Wrote:  There are no lies there, just "economy with the truth".

That is true of everything in life. The unvarnished truth is rarely popular. Do not be afraid to refer to it as a medical condition - people seem to think that you were sitting down one day and decided 'I'm bored. I think I will change sex - that will give me something to do'. Rolleyes

(05-11-2011, 01:00 AM)bryony Wrote:  that may be the point for a conversation about options... ;-)

Yes. Let them adjust SLOWLY. Give those around you TIME. It also lets you find your way in a more controlled fashion. I will give you one warning - when I decided to start living as a woman I went a bit mad - I threw all my male clothing out, I started buying lots of dresses and shoes and make up and I started going to work en femme and all in the space of a week. My wife said "Whoa!" and explained I was going too fast for her. I could not help it - it was like being on a high, like I was trying to transition in a week. Other TS folk I have spoken to have experienced this as well so keep it in mind and watch out for it.

Remember that you can always ask me anything you need to know. I may not know the answers but at least you have someone to chat with.

I hope you find a comfortable place where you can be whoever you want to be.

Good luck and my very best wishes

Beverley

(05-11-2011, 08:00 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Bryony
No need to stop just run maintenance
Mental gains , boobs halt
Julie

Hi Julie,

trouble is, that doesn't seem to work! When I was working out my optimal dose to avoid aching kidneys, I found that with sub-growth dosage I was reverting back to my old depressed/grumpy state. Of course, it could be a placebo effect, and the subconscious thought of growth is what is affecting my mental state.... either way, I seem to be in it for growth! Smile

B. x

(05-11-2011, 11:11 AM)beverley.rose Wrote:  it was like being on a high, like I was trying to transition in a week. Other TS folk I have spoken to have experienced this as well so keep it in mind and watch out for it.

Don't worry - caution is usually my middle name. I don't know if you've ever read anything about Edward deBono's "coloured hats" theories, but I'm Mr Black Hat!

(05-11-2011, 11:11 AM)beverley.rose Wrote:  Remember that you can always ask me anything you need to know. I may not know the answers but at least you have someone to chat with.

Thanks Beverley, I really appreciate it. Everything you've said so far is very helpful!

Bryony x

Bryony,
Transsexualism, is an overwhelming force and you seem to be experiencing it. I am afraid that those close to you have to accept that. We can try and put a lid on it, for years, but it will come out. When it does, you have to be you, or take the mental health hit, which, will impact on all around you. Your posts, make me see you, as a true Transsexual and, until you accept that, peace will elude you and those close to you. Beverley, I, and others, are here to give you support. You are not alone; we are the survivors of the hell, of being born transsexual; according to proffesor Lyn Conway, this is a condition, that effects around 1 in 300 men; you are not alone; but you are a survivor!

Thanks Chrissie, that's kind of you.

I'm taking it really slowly. I'm keeping on with the PM, and we'll see what happens. I guess it depends how big nature intends me to get. The simplest outcome will be that I wind up with a size that enables me to continue to present as a male, but enables me to experience sufficient feminity to be balanced. If I get as big as my half-sister there could be issues to deal with! But that's years away (hopefully!)

B. x

Bryony,
I am lucky, in that, I have grown substantialy on PM and now wear C cup bras, having been on PM for 33 months. As Beverley will attest, others see much smaller gains; how much we develope is the luck of the draw. The following is my personal experience, but gives an idea of how things could unfold.
Within about 4 months a friend had noticed that I was "growing boobs". His choice of words was deliberate. By about 7 months I was aware of people clocking my chest and needed a bra to minimise bounce. After a year I was aware that there was soon going to be a point, where nothing would conceal them and crunch time was soon approaching. I then contacted a local support group. Most of my time is spent in chef's whites but, even they were not hiding my boobs, by the summer of last year, and I was going to great lenghs to try an hide them, when wearing other clothes. By the Autumn of last year, a dear friend was saying that I was going to have to come out, sometime soon.
I am relating this, so you are aware of what could be in store and so you can be prepared . A borderline A/B cup cannot be concealed and a full B is the average size for british women.
I, like you, am a totaly different person on PM and the thought of, being without it, terrifies me; so I would be the last person to counsel against taking it. Coming out is a hard call and I feel that belonging to a supprt group is vital, both for you and your family.
I wish you all the best
Chrissie

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon