Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Experiment time...

OK - some fun, nothing serious.

Measure your 2nd and 4th fingers on your right hand and then divide one by the other (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio )

The theory goes like this. Lower exposure to androgens in the womb produces a more feminine ratio - aorund 0.965 - and since we know that some studies say that TSs are caused by low androgens in the foetus resulting in incomplete masculination of the brain... well, does having a girly 2d/4d ratio correlate?

Be honest and measure properly from the midpoint of the crease between the finger and the palm to the tip of the finger (fingernails are out!!). You cannot just look at the finger because the palm is curved and each finger starts at a different 'height' if you see what I mean.

I checked both hands and got near enough the same ratio of 0.974 which puts me well above the female average so I presumably had low androgen exposure as a foetus. The male average is 0.947 so I am 0.009 ABOVE the female figure and 0.027 above the male average. The standard deviation for man is 0.029 so I am almost in the second SD which means I am in the top 20% of males with feminine hands (80% of males have a more masculine ration than me).

Beverley the TS

[edit: The BEM thing (downthread) 62%M 66%F 63%A so I am not sure what that shows

(10-11-2011, 02:38 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  OK - some fun, nothing serious.

Measure your 2nd and 4th fingers on your right hand and then divide one by the other (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio )

The theory goes like this. Lower exposure to androgens in the womb produces a more feminine ratio - aorund 0.965 - and since we know that some studies say that TSs are caused by low androgens in the foetus resulting in incomplete masculination of the brain... well, does having a girly 2d/4d ratio correlate?

Be honest and measure properly from the midpoint of the crease between the finger and the palm to the tip of the finger (fingernails are out!!). You cannot just look at the finger because the palm is curved and each finger starts at a different 'height' if you see what I mean.

I checked both hands and got near enough the same ratio of 0.974 which puts me well above the female average so I presumably had low androgen exposure as a foetus. The male average is 0.947 so I am 0.009 ABOVE the female figure and 0.027 above the male average. The standard deviation for man is 0.029 so I am almost in the second SD which means I am in the top 20% of males with feminine hands (80% of males have a more masculine ration than me).

Beverley the TS

right hand 1.0
left hand 1.0

oh sh*t

Bryony the Type 4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_scale

Hmmm.. I guess I must be some sort of Neanderthal then...mine comes out at 0.73!!

I am at 1.0 on both hands. The shorter the index finger as compared to the ring finger, the more masculine they say. They also say 1.0 is significantly female.

Following some links, I came to the BEM test. I scored 59% male, 70% female, 67% androgynous. It is really a test of how your psychology matches up against the popularized American adult ideal.
http://garote.bdmonkeys.net/bsri.html

Further down in the wikipedia digit ratio page, we find:
Quote:Transsexualism

A recent study in Germany has found a correlation between digit ratio and male to female transsexualism. Male to female transsexuals (Transwomen) were found to have a higher digit ratio than control males, but one that was comparable to control females.

(10-11-2011, 10:56 PM)sfem Wrote:  Following some links, I came to the BEM test. I scored 59% male, 70% female, 67% androgynous. It is really a test of how your psychology matches up against the popularized American adult ideal.
http://garote.bdmonkeys.net/bsri.html

This is a bit like a conspiracy... are you all ganging up on me?

45% masculine, 84% feminine 63% androgynous.

Shame I don't look the part! Big Grin

B.x

38% male 88% feminine and 68% androgyne.....oh my...such a girlTongue

Ganging up? Not at all. BTW, I just checked the wife, and her ratio is 0.90.

Hmm....

(10-11-2011, 06:33 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Hmmm.. I guess I must be some sort of Neanderthal then...mine comes out at 0.73!!

Duh... I must have been having a blonde moment ( difficult with no hair!) I measured the wrong fingers!!

Having now done it correctly, mine comes out at 0.949, which is pretty close to the male average.

I've also just done the BEM test and that gives me
49.2%masculine, 68.3% feminine and 57.5% androgynous

I'd not argue with that BEM result, myself.

Hi all. This is my first post, as I have been lurking in the shadows for several months. I've been taking PM only now for just over 4 months with eye opening (my own) results. That is, after experimenting a bit with other herbals (FG, SP, RC, etc) on and off for the past 2 yrs.

I appreciate all of the insight, from each of you. Much of what is written resonates quite strongly here. I've been slowly coming to terms with the female within and realize more, each day, that I've spent my life in a denial mode. Mostly having lived my live based upon what others expect me to be, in lieu of what I "feel and know within".

I'll share what I've learned when it seems helpful to others.

Taking PM has resulted in my overall feeling of well being and calmness. I'm enjoying that a great deal. When I reduce dosage or stop for a day I can feel something is missing in my life. I suppose this is much like going off med's. I'm now dealing with my breasts beginning to show while in tighter shirts. I suppose I'll manage to deal with it all somehow though.

Thanks much for being here and sharing. I enjoy all your posts.
xo
Sirena

BEM = 44.167 Masc, 87.5 Fem, 72.5 And.
COGIATI = 370
Index finger = 85mm, vs. ring finger of 81mm. 1.049 ratio

Seems I'm on the right path, now at 51 yrs old.

Sirena
welcome

I built a thread call "build a picture" have a look and perhaps put your input as asks a few questions,

Its a few pages back now

Julie

Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon