Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Experiment time...

Welcome Sirena! Always glad to see a new person join their voice with ours. If you've been lurking here for a few months, then you already have a good grasp of the things we all have shared. I'm happy for you that you have decided to explore this side of yourself, and I hope this journey takes you to a better place than where you have been.

I think we have to avoid the simplistic. I have a dear female friend, a multople grandmother, with male hands and a good, male friend, with very female hands!

Yep that's what thought
Load of crap
JulieHuh

Good on youSmile!

(11-11-2011, 11:38 PM)chrissie Wrote:  Good on youSmile!

Well, I dunno.... Don't forget, if you look at the article on wiki that we are talking statistics and normal distributions. You've got to look at (a) how accurately the finger is measured; (b) where that figure fits on the two normal curves and the relative probability of whether it is male or female.

"Assuming a normal distribution, the 10th and 90th percentiles for males are 0.910 and 0.984. For females: 0.932 and 0.998."

So there is a big overlap. It's all about relative probablity of the ratio being male or female.

I've measured mine several times and I get a ratio of 1 every time (which is greater than 80% probability of being female ), but I think my hormone reaction proves that I was deprived of androgen at the critical stage, so this fits with the german study " recent study in Germany has found a correlation between digit ratio and male to female transsexualism. Male to female transsexuals (Transwomen) were found to have a higher digit ratio than control males, but one that was comparable to control females"

So I'm not so sure it is crap.... at least for me.... at best/worst there isn't enough evidence either way on our small sample sizes.

B.x

(11-11-2011, 11:10 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Yep that's what thought
Load of crap
JulieHuh

I DID say 'Bit of fun, nothing serious'

Lighten up you lot

Beverley

(12-11-2011, 01:25 AM)beverley.rose Wrote:  I DID say 'Bit of fun, nothing serious'

Lighten up you lot

Beverley

Ha ha! But you stimulated the pedantic researcher in me! There's a lot of interesting research out there regarding this topic.

Incidentally, though both my wife and I have a ratio of 1.0 my son's is 0.92, which was a relief! Big Grin

B.xx

Sirena,
You have just taken a huge step in your live. Oestrogen is diagnostic of transsexualism; by embracing it, you have taken a huge step forward. Your reaction is typical of transsexuals.
Now you really need to find a support group. In all probability, you will, within the next year, reach a tipping point, where presenting as male, becomes more and more difficult. That can be a scary time; unless you have the comfort and support of others, you could come to feel realy isolated. From that point, to coming out and living full time, 10 months later, I went to 2 meetings and had about 4 other contacts, apart from a few phone calls. Without those, I am sure I would have had a crisis. I cannot over emphasise the importance of this.
I wish you all the best, in your journey of liberation.
Big Hugs,
Chrissie

Chrissie,
Many thank you's !
I will keep your advice handy as it surely seems that I'm feeling much better while using PM. I am at the point where I am realizing that I "need" the PM to feel good, and the breast growth truly is just a side effect..... just like the advertisements state. That side effect though, may present new challenges that I am currently not fully equipped to handle. Before starting the PM I had thought that PM might simply be like a light switch, turning only the breast growth on. Now I am seeing something totally different than that and am finding all your help to be very valuable.
Thanks again.
xo
Sirena

(15-11-2011, 02:54 PM)Sirena Wrote:  Chrissie,
Many thank you's !
I will keep your advice handy as it surely seems that I'm feeling much better while using PM. I am at the point where I am realizing that I "need" the PM to feel good, and the breast growth truly is just a side effect..... just like the advertisements state. That side effect though, may present new challenges that I am currently not fully equipped to handle. Before starting the PM I had thought that PM might simply be like a light switch, turning only the breast growth on. Now I am seeing something totally different than that and am finding all your help to be very valuable.
Thanks again.
xo
Sirena

Hi Sirena,

you and I are in the same situation! Chrissie is right, the calming influence of PM is a classic sign of a brain that didn't get enough androgen at the development stage, and suffers gender anxiety.
See http://www.avitale.com/FAQ.htm Go down to Category 4, item 15.

For reasons I go into in the thread "An emotional few days" I am using PM to suppress my libido and live in a male guise, dealing with the breast growth as other males do gynaecomastia.

However, if your situation allows you to transition, I'm sure that would be the better option. You will definitely need support one way or the other. Again, for similar reasons to above, I choose not to attend a "real life" support group, but if you can, I'm sure that would be the better option.

Good luck!

Bryony.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon