Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Saw Palmetto and Soy Isoflavones

Hello everybody, i would like to add SP to my regimen.
i am taking

6.25 mg of soy Isoflavones once a day.

100 mg micronized progesterone twice per week.

and i just bought SP in 160mg softgels

i would like to know you opinion about these doses, and how much SP should i take?

Regards.

blackwings,

i take 510 mg of Saw Palmetto twice a day, each day.
could you please tell me about your experience with progesterone? is it working, are you afraid of any risks? i took it myself for a month, but got scared because of things i had read on the interwebz.

(07-12-2011, 10:28 PM)tara koxx Wrote:  blackwings,

i take 510 mg of Saw Palmetto twice a day, each day.
could you please tell me about your experience with progesterone? is it working, are you afraid of any risks? i took it myself for a month, but got scared because of things i had read on the interwebz.

hi tara koxx, thanks for your reply, i am starting with 320 mg of SP, as you see i only take 200mg of progesterona per week, am also scare about the side effects, maybe i take only one pill per week now, i dont know if is my imagination but my breast are growing, i first started with the progesterona about 1 month and a half ago, then add the isoflavones and now SP.

can you tell us what others herbs are you taking how long, and how?, and the results??

my Regards.

blackwings,

i am currently taking in addition to the SP, 1220 mg of Fenugreek a day, and also 160 mg of PM a day. in addition i have just added today PM cream that came in the mail, although i am not sure of the dosage.
if you think that you're breasts are growing you're probably right. i used progesterone for a month before i stopped, but in that time i did notice good breast and nipple development. recently i have considered going back on, although at lower dose (because i was using it every day). perhaps i will try only a few days a week...
it has only been within the last two days that i have started back on my program, but i am determined to stick to it this time.

Tara ,

what progesterone were you using ?
Julie

I just wanted to chime in that not all Saw Palmetto are the same, since I've done a lot of reading on this. Though I don't consider myself an expert, and neither should you, I found that the caplets are typically around 500mg, but are only 1-2% of the important fatty acids, while the gelcaps are usually 160 or 320mg "standardized extract" and contain 85-90% of those same fatty acids.

Essentially:
500 x .02 = 10
160 x .85 = 136

So a 160mg gelcap of the SP extract should be around 14x as effective.

julie,

i was using Source Naturals progesterone cream. in the ingredients on the back it says that the progesterone comes from soy, so i'm wondering how bad it could be for me. honestly, i would just like someone to tell me whether or not i can start using it again safely.
also, second day of using PM cream in a row! i hope it works...

Can't say about the progesterone, as I have no direct experience. I did want to say welcome aboard Tara. I also wanted to ask if your avatar is a picture of yourself. It's a great pic.

well thank you very much, sfem!
it's a shame about the progesterone, but if i don't need it i won't use it i suppose..
that is in fact a picture of me, wearing my maids uniform of course lolol.

Very sweet
There is something very yummy about a maids uniform
Welcome
Julie Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon