Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why does gender disphoria

I just assumed it was a matter of technology. Before the internet people with such feelings probably thought they were the only ones and hide that side of themselves from everyone (or commited suicide). Now anybody with a computer can find out about this stuff and realize they are not alone or to be more realistic, any male can get horny at the thought of having his own pair of female breasts and get sucked into the trans community.

I believe it has to do with generations, and with denial.
For those who are young today...well, it's a different world. I am nearing 60, and in my young years the whole idea of transgender was radical, and the thought of going down that road was unthinkable.
I think many of us thought "That is a choice I don't want to make", And then proceeded to try and play the "normal" role, only to find that the urges did not go away with time but, rather, the kids got older, lines got deeper, and darkness grew closer but the need grew stronger.
For me, I simply grew weary allowing fear of the judgement of others to keep me from the realization of myself.
I don't know where this road is going, but I do know there isn't enough of it left to let anyone else do the driving.
Hugs and kisses!
Sammy

Well, that sure means the courage to do something about it grows as you get older Smile

Lots of things change as we make the turn and head out on the back 9. More time to ourselves, less demand from family for our time, work life often becomes more settled, the realization that you're running out of holes, the recognition that some dreams will never be achieved and so the ones we can achieve get greater weight, etc. At least that's what I'm finding. I just hope I get the full 18 holes. And while I don't want to lose any more of my balls, I nonetheless plan to enjoy the whole course, not just the fairways where the going looks easiest.

I have read this thread with some interest and wonder why, of the dozen replies so far, that no one has mentioned the scientific evidence of diminshing testosterone levels in middle-age men as the most probable cause of late transitioning. Whilst social, mental and physical changes may have indeed caused some to no longer supress feelings, this is surely to be encouraged by the sudden chemical change when estrogen levels naturally increase in the male body.

Welcome Sam, nice to see a post from someone new!
I think your suggestion makes sense. I also have thought that in the past. Since it doesn't seem to happen to a large number of people (or this whole topic would likely be far less socially stigmatic), I presume it is yet another confounding factor in figuring this stuff out.
Enjoy the mystery!

(29-12-2011, 09:18 AM)Sam_T Wrote:  I have read this thread with some interest and wonder why, of the dozen replies so far, that no one has mentioned the scientific evidence of diminshing testosterone levels in middle-age men as the most probable cause of late transitioning. Whilst social, mental and physical changes may have indeed caused some to no longer supress feelings, this is surely to be encouraged by the sudden chemical change when estrogen levels naturally increase in the male body.
I know for myself this seems to be somewhat true. I started treatment for low T and found that my body seemed to fight it and in spite of taking things to prevent it the T was turning into estrogen. The feminine tendencies have always been there but they were brought more to the surface when the estrogen went up. I always wanted breasts for as long as I can remember and did some research on growing them way before this. The fact that my estrogen was so high just gave me the go-ahead to do it. Also, I don't think I would have found this info without the internet. If this had been 10 years ago I would not be where I am today.

I'm back...and can't resist putting in my two penn'orth!

Personally, I'd go with just about all the reasons that everyone else has put forward already - from reduced time pressure with advancing age, through increased awareness and availability of the necessary herbs etc due to the 'net, to naturally decreased T and increased E as a side effect of age.

There is also far more openess about 'alternative sexualities' in society as a whole than there was back in the 50's and 60's - I vividly remember trying to read the reports about April Ashley ( Britains first TS ), when she was outed in the Sunday papers, without anyone seeing what I was reading! FWIW, in the context of this thread, I had no idea why I found the story so fascinating, I just did, even though I was only about 12 or 13 at the time.

The first time I put on my sister's dress when I was somewhere in the age range of 5-8, I knew that my parents wouldn't be impressed if they caught me, my mom did catch me once but I wasn't wearing it yet! Needless to say the impression from society was ingrained even at a young age.

I also remember being sick in the hospital watching mrs. doubtfire for the first time around 8-11 and having a sincere desire/fantasy for what was being portrayed, especially the idea of having breasts.

Once I had money and a visa (18+) I began to order myself clothes and silicone breast forms, which were a temporary fix. Fortunately I discovered NBE Smile

(03-01-2012, 12:32 AM)dargona Wrote:  The first time I put on my sister's dress when I was somewhere in the age range of 5-8, I knew that my parents wouldn't be impressed if they caught me,

I have a vivid memory of being about 4 or 5 y/o and seeing a little girl who lived few doors away returning from a birthday party. She was wearing a pretty frilly green party dress and I distinctly remember asking if I could try it on! ( She declined!!).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon