Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

lactation???

i know that it is possible to lactate as a genetic male. this is something that i would very much like to do. is there anything that i can use that will enhance my glands and help me lactate? i am open to all suggestions. will a breast pump help? it would be nice to have fat, puffy nipples leaking delicious milk. please, hellllllp!

xox tara

With enough stimulation, over time, it is possible to induce lactation. Massage and pumps can be effective.
Women have been using fenugreek seeds for ages to boost milk production, and some men have also reported lactation when they consumed the seeds at a measured amount on a daily basis.
There are a few risks that should be considered with lactation though (E.G. a certain gland can become enlarged and potentially cause blindness). Then there are some more embarrassing things that most women who have breastfed can tell you about. Just as examples.

I do wish you a bit of luck in your venture, though, and keep your safety and health in mind.

saielle,

thank you for your response! don't worry, i'm probably not going to be milking anytime soon, lol. i have a lot more developing to do. it's so great to have all of this positive energy, and we each grow a little more every day Wink

(24-12-2011, 05:20 AM)SaiElle Wrote:  There are a few risks that should be considered with lactation though (E.G. a certain gland can become enlarged and potentially cause blindness). Then there are some more embarrassing things that most women who have breastfed can tell you about. Just as examples.

I do wish you a bit of luck in your venture, though, and keep your safety and health in mind.

You can't go blind from lactating. Check www.scholar.google.com if you don't believe me.

In the absence of HRT or taking phytoestrogens, spontaneous lactation in genetic males is often an indication of a benign pituitary tumor called a prolactinoma (see: http://www.medicinenet.com/prolactinoma/article.htm). The growth on the pituitary causes an abnormal increase in production of prolactin, the hormone responsible for lactation in females. The pituitary is located near the optic nerves and if the growth gets too big it can press on the optic nerves causing vision problems or even blindness. The blindness ISN'T from lactating.

Please get your facts straight.

The prolactin that is required for lactation, which is produced by the pituitary gland, can cause it to become enlarged which exerts pressure on the optic nerves which is how the vision impairment is caused. Because genetic males don't have a reliable way to gauge how much prolactin is being produced, or induced into production by their herbal/other program, there is the highly increased risk.

I'm sorry for dumbing things down in my original post. I'll make sure to reference full medical publication excerpts in my posts in the future.

Fenugreek stimulates the production of prolactin, just in case you didn't already know, as well as having progesterone and phytoestrogens. Which readily explains why some males that take a measured dose of the seeds on a daily basis begin lactation. Granted their production isn't enormous, a few drops or a teaspoon, without further stimulation.

Fun fact about prolactin: it is one of the hormones responsible for the development of breasts.

(28-12-2011, 02:54 PM)SaiElle Wrote:  The prolactin that is required for lactation, which is produced by the pituitary gland, can cause it to become enlarged which exerts pressure on the optic nerves which is how the vision impairment is caused. Because genetic males don't have a reliable way to gauge how much prolactin is being produced, or induced into production by their herbal/other program, there is the highly increased risk.

I'm sorry for dumbing things down in my original post. I'll make sure to reference full medical publication excerpts in my posts in the future.

Fenugreek stimulates the production of prolactin, just in case you didn't already know, as well as having progesterone and phytoestrogens. Which readily explains why some males that take a measured dose of the seeds on a daily basis begin lactation. Granted their production isn't enormous, a few drops or a teaspoon, without further stimulation.

Fun fact about prolactin: it is one of the hormones responsible for the development of breasts.

Sorry, but the prolactin does NOT cause enlargement of the pituitary gland with subsequent pressure on the optic nerves. The prolactinoma grows abnormally and can sometimes press on the optic nerves. The prolactinoma causes excessive secretion of prolactin, NOT the other way around. Thus lactation DOES NOT cause blindness as you asserted in your original post.

Also, no plant source has progesterone in it. You can also look that up on www.scholar.google.com. The human body lacks the enzymes necessary to create progesterone from the precursors in fenugreek, soy, wild yam or any other raw material that is used to create bioidentical progesterone in a lab. It is a multistep process that DOES NOT happen in the human body. It won't matter how much WY, FG, soy or anything else you ingest, you won't increase progesterone in the males.

I don't care if you reference medical texts or not, but I do care when people repeat mistruths that they have heard, or more likely misheard, on the internet. Just do a little fact checking before making such statements that lactating carries the risk of going blind. That is just flat out wrong.

I looked this one up and chrishoney is right on. It is having a tumor which causes problems, not the gland, prolactin or lactation. Prolactin is not the cause of vision problems.

(23-12-2011, 09:14 PM)tara koxx Wrote:  i know that it is possible to lactate as a genetic male. this is something that i would very much like to do. is there anything that i can use that will enhance my glands and help me lactate? i am open to all suggestions. will a breast pump help? it would be nice to have fat, puffy nipples leaking delicious milk. please, hellllllp!

xox tara

Hi Tara,

I don't want to rain on your parade, and I can partly understand where you are coming from, but please look at the other side of the coin before deliberately going for lactation.

I doubt you are going to get very far until you have at least a small amount of boob growth to start with, you need the glands and ducts, not just "fat puffy nipples" - nipples don't produce milk, they are simply the means for a baby to get at it.
Then, if you do get them "leaking delicious milk" you will have a pair of real beauties which you will be unable to hide, because they only leak when full and under pressure internally, and to keep them at that you'll need to keep expressing it yourself several times a day to keep the stimulation necessary, and when finally you get fed up with doing it, you'll find they deflate and quite likely start sagging, just like any other woman post breast feeding.

It's up to you, of course and I'm not saying don't do it, just be sure you understand ALL that is involved first.

well thank you everyone for all of the incredible advice and concerns!
of course it is the dream of every gurl to have beautiful, feminine breasts. and of course with those breasts comes breast milk! this is something that i want, but of course i am going to have to do a lot more growing to get there lol.
you are all so incredible, i love this forum. it is like i have found the place i have been looking for my whole life!
i am going to take the pros and cons into consideration, and hopefully in 6 months to a year i will have my mind made up.

xox tara

Hi Tara, what pansy-mae has said is pretty good advice, i did the whole lactation thing for quite a while for personal reasons and i regretted it after, my breasts where never the same, its also hard work having to pump everyday to keep the breast milk coming in, and it can get messy to start with and uncomfortable at times Sad and yes you will need to have developed certain breast structures to be able to do it with any success. So i think you have taken the right decision in waiting and making the choice further down the line, good luck honey Wink

Here is a pic of what it did to my boobs after a while Sad
[attachment=1497]

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon