Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Epilation

I just got the Braun 7921 epilation and exfoliation system yesterday and of course eagerly charged it up and then rushed into the shower to remove that pesky hair from my chest, tummy and legs.... OH MY F****** GOD!!!! My hair was 1/16 of an inch above my skin and I was yanking hair roots out more than 1/4 of an inch long. Some of them I swear were attached to my spine and tried to drag it out with them kicking and screaming. VERY painful. Then I got the bright idea to do my pubic patch which I normally just pluck out manually... yeah that won't happen again. After the first 20 seconds of excruciating agony I gave up on that idea and will go back to manually plucking out those hairs.

The backs of my knees and my inner thighs were also very very unhappy about having their hairy brethren forcefully removed and let me know all about it. At one point I literally could only stand to run the epilator head across my skin for an inch or so at a time (I'm VERY hairy, Chewbacca has nothing on me) because of the volume of hairs I was having to remove was so painful to do.

After doing my chest and tummy and one leg, the battery ran down so I had to charge it back up to do my other leg. The um.. anticipation.. of that pain was... well... not pleasant but I am stubborn and was determined to get this done. By this time I was covered in lovely little red bumps all over my body looking like I had chicken pox or something... and sadly.. i still didn't manage to clear all the hairs. For some reason some hairs simply refused to be picked up by the epilator even after repeated passes from different angles. Guess I'll pull those out manually.

Just a side not... Pulling hairs from your groin area manually is a tedious process but much less painful than a slow pass with that epilator... Just.... Holy Bat Banana's Batman! That s*** hurts!

I am looking forward to doing it again as this morning all those lovely red bumps are gone and I am.. for the most part (barring those few recalcitrant hairs), smooth and silky.

~E

I picked up the Braun epilator and love it. Hurts, but worth it. I have a confession though, I use a numbing topical cream first..

And, just came here to gloat. After 2 hours straight, I just finished my whole face! Hurt like hell, and just downed some ibuprofen.. I have some facial cream to help with the ingrown hairs, and I'm pretty good at exfoliating. Took a lot of mental control on minimizing the pain. Had to keep thinking about exactly what it was doing and a lot of, "how bad would this look if I stopped now?" thoughts.

Wonder if the counselor will consider me officially crazy now. Wink

(03-06-2015, 05:26 AM)hurricane Wrote:  I picked up the Braun epilator and love it. Hurts, but worth it. I have a confession though, I use a numbing topical cream first..

And, just came here to gloat. After 2 hours straight, I just finished my whole face! Hurt like hell, and just downed some ibuprofen.. I have some facial cream to help with the ingrown hairs, and I'm pretty good at exfoliating. Took a lot of mental control on minimizing the pain. Had to keep thinking about exactly what it was doing and a lot of, "how bad would this look if I stopped now?" thoughts.

I am absolutely convinced that epilators were designed by men to torture women in the most painful way their evil little minds could imagine... some engineer somewhere is sitting drinking his cognac and giggling to himself over all the women he is torturing w/o having to raise a finger.

On a side note.... you did your face? Just wow. Ouch. I have a high pain tolerance but not THAT high LOL.

~Elain

(03-06-2015, 05:26 AM)hurricane Wrote:  I picked up the Braun epilator and love it. Hurts, but worth it. I have a confession though, I use a numbing topical cream first..

Hurricane, it's a bad idea to epilate your face. Aside from the risk of in-grown hairs, it can damage the follicles so that later, if you go to an electrologist, it will be difficult to insert the probe. No electrologist would recommend that you use an epilator on the face.

Clara

Yes, full beard. It hurt.

When I was younger, I had this idea that I could control pain with my mind. I do something like "segment" the pain in my brain. For instance, if you pull a hair, that hair comes from a location that's 1 billionths of my total body. So, I think "the rest of my body feels fine!" And the pain goes away, and I don't feel it.

Don't know if I explained that right or not.. Anyway, I probably won't do it again, but no more "shadow"! Freaking awesome.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon