Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Do you like You ?

Thanks Beverley, for providing the justification for my continual banging on about this.

The following quotes sum up my worries about the "new conformism", which sfem calls alarmist:-

Quote:GID is not classified as a mental illness and for good reason - it is a physical illness

So what do you call a "physical illness" that produces the symptoms of mental illness? E.g. extreme anxiety, low-level depression, compulsive masturbation? If the mental illness has a physical cause, then to focus on that physical cause is simply semantics; particularly in the view of these statements:

Quote:...
If you cannot function socially as a female before you get to the GIC then you get no hormones but you may get counselling or other treatments to help with the gender dysphoria.

But in my case, I cannot function socially as a female, but estrogen does the trick for my "symptoms of" mental disorder - they are gone!
Maybe I haven't been able to put over just how bad my mental state was before PM, but I never want to go there again!

Quote:Hormones simply alter my body physically so that my overall appearance is more feminine and thus make it easier for me to be socially female. If you cannot do the social role then there is no point to hormones and you will not get them.

And here is the bias inherent in the "new conformity". We now have legislation that allows anyone with GID to transition - so why wouldn't they want to? Why on earth would anyone want to be a man with breasts?

In my case, because it enables me to function, present as a male, and not spend the rest of my considerably fewer remaining years learning 24x7 to present a very poor imitation of a female.

This is the attitude that I am striving to change. People like me are expected to suffer. I don't want "counselling" to "help" with my symptoms. Yes, if I'd been born 40 years later, I very likely would have attempted to transition, but without PM I would be between a rock and a hard place.

The more people that understand the predicament of people like me, the better the chance that we can change society's expectation of conformity, vis:

"Either you are a man, or a woman, or a trans-man or a trans-woman. You are not allowed to be a man with breasts for the purpose of treating your mental health, because society has determined that you do not have a mental health problem."

B. (Out now until Sat. or Sun)

PS to Sfem, yes, you were right... re-reading what I wrote, I allowed frustration in putting over my case to read like I was being absolutist... in all cases, my arguments, as logical as I think they are, are intended to be prefaced with the statement "in my opinion". I didn't reply to that one, as I did not want to disrupt the message flow.

PPS to Pansy-Mae, sorry to be boring, but I find this a useful rehearsal for the day (maybe) when I attempt to convince the authorities that there is a 3rd way... supposing the EU prohibited the import of PM? Or the crop failed? I could be in a very bad place!

(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  Thanks Beverley, for providing the justification for my continual banging on about this.

You do not need me for that....

(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  So what do you call a "physical illness" that produces the symptoms of mental illness?

I call it a physical illness. The mental illness it produces is a symptom, not a cause.

(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  And here is the bias inherent in the "new conformity". We now have legislation that allows anyone with GID to transition

No. We have legislation that says that anyone with GID gets treatment. That may or may not involve transition.

(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  Why on earth would anyone want to be a man with breasts?

You are in the perfect place to ask. I do not know the answer to that one because I was never truly male. I just looked like I was.

Beverley

(30-06-2012, 09:28 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Where's this magic pill? lol

The only personality traits I'd lose from taking it would be the ones I deplore. The thought of the changes I'd experience are quite exciting to think about.

I wish I could say I'd have no interest in this magic pill, but that'd be a lie.

I kinda screwed up. This post is in response to the female pill. As for the male pill....no thanks. By and large I find men to be childish animals, and I've never been able to refer to myself as one....nor would I want to.

Do I like myself? I suppose I do compared to other people, but I still have some work to do in that area. I'd rather be me than any of these other idiots out there, but I have the same selfish traits that plague humanity in general.

I'm getting there with the help of PM, I guess.

(05-07-2012, 01:54 PM)beverley.rose Wrote:  
(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  Thanks Beverley, for providing the justification for my continual banging on about this.

You do not need me for that....

(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  So what do you call a "physical illness" that produces the symptoms of mental illness?

I call it a physical illness. The mental illness it produces is a symptom, not a cause.

(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  And here is the bias inherent in the "new conformity". We now have legislation that allows anyone with GID to transition

No. We have legislation that says that anyone with GID gets treatment. That may or may not involve transition.

(05-07-2012, 10:38 AM)bryony Wrote:  Why on earth would anyone want to be a man with breasts?

You are in the perfect place to ask. I do not know the answer to that one because I was never truly male. I just looked like I was.

Beverley

Nicely cherry-picked.

B.

Absolutely not!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon