Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Transgenderists

Ok, I get the desire for distinguishing labels, but:

how do you distinguish between someone who likes to dress, wants to grow breasts etc, but has no overwhelming desire to transition, and...
someone who has suffered extreme gender anxiety all their lives, who, before PM came along, would have had counselling, put on hard hormones and wound up transitioning; yet, PM enables them to cope without doing so?

It seems to me that the former falls into the category of TG, and the latter would, had PM not been around, fallen into the category of TS.

It doesn't seem right, somehow, if labels are important, to call the 2nd one TG.

I suspect the latter variety represent a good proportion of people who transitioned, describing themselves as TS because their counsellors told them so. They are distinct from the "successful" cases that you read about, where the subject felt so driven, at such an early age, that they got treatment whilst still young enough to wind up looking female.

I think perhaps I fall between two stools. Vitale describes people who feel "wrong" all their lives, but muddle through. They don't feel female enough to be attracted to men, so they get wives, kids, and wind up transitioning in late middle age.

These are the people I feel sorry for (obviously), and I think they deserve a differing kind of label.

Taking Pansy's definition: "those individuals whose sense of gender dysphoria is so strong that they are driven to full blown gender reassignment surgery."

That could have been me, if I had not discovered PM, because the depression/anxiety was getting more than I could cope with.

It's pretty much the same story as Kate Craig-Wood who nearly wrapped her car around a tree. She went the full monty, but has now wound up as a lesbian.

The point I am making is, yes, there is a category of TS who have spent their entire lives, from childhood, in great distress because of their absolute certainty that they were "born in the wrong body", but gender dysphoria has a greater spectrum than that.

I believe that there is a category of TS whose dysphoria is so great that, before PM, could only get relief via hard Estrogen leading to full transition, and many of them regret it, but are locked in - read the "testosterone toxicity" paper again for details.

I believe these are distinct from people who feel a need to dress, or modify their bodies to satisfy their feminity, but who absolutely cannot function without ingesting estrogen.

I think to classify both of these as TG is at least as wrong as defining me as a sub-class of TS who is alleviated by partial transition.

B.

So, three out of three of us have different definitions for all the common labels and by definition that means there is no answer to the conundrum. Every time you try to define a new sub-category label, somebody else will pop up and say " that doesn't include my variant", ad infinitum.

As I said before, the only important thing is that 'you' know yourself.

Oh absolutely there are many sub levels of the big 3 labels

Pansy I would have as a "transgenderist too the left off"

Bryony, starting Transgendrist level, maybe a late onset "HETROSEXUAL " TS,

Issabelle, most certainly a Transgenderist,

Sfem, same as Pansy,

Please note the AGP TS are hetro, and the classic TS are homosexual as all men based, AGP still love in the most women after choppy,

Bryony, please note in my view you are doing correct thing on PM, You same as I had no choice in this, the T has to be damped down either by PM or synthetics,

Will put a up a thread copy later about an AGP sufferer who did low level real stuff for 2 years and worked, it dampened the AGP way down and stopped suffering, and took years for the T level too build back up again and then he started hormones again , and it damped down,

He now has a more femal brain thanks too REWIRE and can now cope happily as sometimes he thinks female and sometimes male, all the URGES have gone, he just feels happy,

Have a look at CROSSDREAMERS site, they are AGP sort off,

Julie

What makes me laugh is according to the new subset of standards of care

someone who is obessed with taking hormones and growing breasts and thinks about it daily for 3 months, can have them, hormones,

3 bloody months , try 10-15 years, and I wish to be Male ?
Go figure its all so so so so confusing,

Flounce off now

Julie

The boxes are being redrawn. In the proposed revisions for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5), there is a sharp divide between

gender incongruence
http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevision/Pag...px?rid=482

and transvestic disorder
http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevision/Pag...px?rid=189

According to the proposed diagnostic criteria, I'm both gender incongruent and transvestic when I don't use hops, and only transvestic when I do use it. So Bryony may be right: herbs like hops and PM may be the cure for gender issues.

If these criteria are accepted, most of us here will be heretics until the next revision of the DSM. The proposed revisions are a total surrender to the cry of hard core TSs, to expel everybody who doesn't want SRS to another category. The new catagory is paraphilias, a word that reminds me of the views in the town where I grew up. Autogynephilia is actually a diagnostic criterion for transvestic disorder in the proposed revisions, and not for gender disorders.

Groan
J

I always took gender to be what you feel you are inside with respect to male versus female. Sexuality is what equipment you prefer to have for sexual purposes. Transgender to me means you have the sexual equipment of one gender and the brain, heart, soul of the other to some extent. Transsexual to me means your equipment no longer matches what you were born with.
I hate labels. I don't like the transgender one because it still makes assumptions that are binary. Transsexual makes sense because it is actually fairly simple. I'm not sure having boobs is transsexual, although developing them smacks of it.

Perhaps a Transgenderist is a softer version of a Transsexual,

All am trying too say is even some Crossdressers take hormones, and all across the board, many do,

Transgenderists can have them from a Doctor now, whereas a crossdresser has to go Blackmarket,

The main criteria we seem too all fit is Transgenderists as we wish too keep the tackle, some time ago a Transgendered person used too have too lie too a therpaist too get the hormone ticket ie claim too be transsexual, now they do not,

Simple point but important,

Julie

After publication of the DSM-5, you may have to lie to get any help at all. Ray Blanchard is actually chairing the DSM-5 committee on paraphilias.

The DSM-5 time line is now in the third public feedback period, until the end of February:
"January-February 2012: Revised draft diagnostic criteria will be posted on www.dsm5.org and open to a third public feedback period for two months. Feedback will be shared directly with work group members, and further edits to proposals will be made as needed."
http://www.dsm5.org/about/Pages/Timeline.aspx

So there is still time to get the transvestic disorder removed from the DSM-5, on the gound that it serves no constructive therapeutic purpose.
http://gidreform.wordpress.com/2011/05/2...the-dsm-5/
Scroll down to "What you can do now".

The new criteria imply that as long as you don't cross dress, but do grow breasts, you can get help. Once you admit to cross dressing, you don't get help.

Dressing for the bedroom Tongue
Does that count ?

You can feel a pincer movement,

Big pharma attempting too stop people like Inhouse pharmacy, then trying too regulate herbal supplements which help us, now trying too dicate our dressing habits ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

J

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon