Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

One week after stopping hops...

(27-01-2012, 04:06 PM)bryony Wrote:  Biggest change for me was the drying out of the oiliness of my scalp. I now need to use conditioner! It's a bit early to see growth, but I have started using minoxidil.

B.
I've been thinking about trying minoxidil for a couple of months now, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Amazon has a 6-month supply for about $26, which seems incredibly reasonable. A bunch of the reviews say you start losing hair faster for about a month before the new stuff comes in. As for my facial hair growth on PM, I used to shave every other day (being a scruffy nerf-herder on days I didn't shave), but now I seem to be able to go 3 days before I reach that same level of scruffiness, so it's definitely growing more slowly.

I'd love to know what results you get with the minoxidil Bryony.

(27-01-2012, 04:15 PM)bryony Wrote:  Gosh, you're brave! Finasteride can have lots of unpleasant side effects....
(Wiki)
No not really. The doc prescribed it and said to stop if I felt anything I didn't like or it didn't have any effects, left it up to me. I haven't noticed any difference at all to anything, in 4 months, however, since both he and the pharmacist warned me it might cause my chest to swellBig Grin I keep taking it!

(27-01-2012, 04:15 PM)bryony Wrote:  You didn't mention Minoxidil... I assume because of the unpleasant oiliness of it? The new foam application method comes off patent in March, and that's supposed to dry very quickly.

I didn't mention it because I've never tried it, never really even considered it once I saw the price of it!
I accepted my hair loss many many years ago and even if minoxodil really does better than what it says on the tin, I doubt I'd ever really grow a full head of hair, and what I did get would almost certainly be grey to white, so it simply doesn't bother me.

(27-01-2012, 06:10 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I didn't mention it because I've never tried it, never really even considered it once I saw the price of it!
I accepted my hair loss many many years ago and even if minoxodil really does better than what it says on the tin, I doubt I'd ever really grow a full head of hair, and what I did get would almost certainly be grey to white, so it simply doesn't bother me.

Oh, I got confused. I thought the context was about regrowing hair, but I assume that was a by-the-by from you regarding your taking it for other reasons!

(By the way, M is a lot cheaper now - you could dye regrown hair! Smile ).

B.

(27-01-2012, 05:59 PM)JMT Wrote:  
(27-01-2012, 04:06 PM)bryony Wrote:  Biggest change for me was the drying out of the oiliness of my scalp. I now need to use conditioner! It's a bit early to see growth, but I have started using minoxidil.

B.
I've been thinking about trying minoxidil for a couple of months now, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Amazon has a 6-month supply for about $26, which seems incredibly reasonable. A bunch of the reviews say you start losing hair faster for about a month before the new stuff comes in. As for my facial hair growth on PM, I used to shave every other day (being a scruffy nerf-herder on days I didn't shave), but now I seem to be able to go 3 days before I reach that same level of scruffiness, so it's definitely growing more slowly.

I'd love to know what results you get with the minoxidil Bryony.

I'll keep you posted! Smile (I may have left it too late though...)

B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon