Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wish for a chat room

Just a random thought, but I sure wish this forum had a chat room, too.

Yep...you are not the only one Dodgy

Chat Room! What a great idea!
I guess it'd be the most useful for those of us with all the questions.
But it's the members with the answers who really have to want the chat room idea. LOL.
I can imagine it may be overwhelming entering a chat room with a tons of girls with questions.
Senior members are like booby celebrities! Hahahaha!

Actually, the current forum seems best for detailed information exchange, especially since it remains available for subsequent newcomers. But many of the posters seem so nice that I'd like to become more friendly with them.

The only issue with chat rooms is scheduling a chat. With members of the NBE forum from all over the world, times to be on would be the big issue. I have been on chat rooms and sometimes gets to be so many chatting it gets difficult to follow who is replying to questions further up the chat room screen. The chat screen keeps scrolling up as people add text with the most recent text at the bottom. So sometimes need to scroll back up to see what the questions or answer were. Rolleyes

I can totally imagine that JanetCD. It's all about the logistics.
As much as would LOVE a chat room I could see it getting really confusing...

I guess it all depends on what you've experienced. There are dedicated chat sites which my barely limping along computer won't let me enter anymore (the Java app won't load on my computer anymore), but I've had no problems chatting with people in Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, Hawaii, East Coast USA (I live west coast USA). You learn to handle the time differences.

Most chat sites offer the opportunity to chat privately one-on-one which many people do, as well as chat in a group. I strongly suspect that these sites have, to some degree, been replaced by Facebook, but as I am a troglodyte and don't have a facebook account I wouldn't know.

But it's all moot as the chat software is fairly expensive and I doubt it would ever happen here.

I meant to reply this when the subject was first raised, but I forgot.
IMO a chat room is a really bad idea, for several reasons. In no particular order:
1) Some people like chatting on-line and some don't, so you have immediately split this currently fairly harmonious membership into two.
2) There is the time difference issue, which whilst not insurmountable, will inevitably lead mainly to the Americans talking to fellow Americans, Europeans to Europeans, Asia/Aussie to their timezones, etc.
3) Somebody mentioned asking questions and getting answers. Well, yes, but you can do that now and more importantly, with these boards ALL the questions and ALL of the answers are available in written form to everyone for ever. With a chat, only those in the room at the time have any chance of seeing either.
4) Chat rooms ALWAYS lead to the formation of Cliques.
5) Chat rooms ALWAYS lead to flame wars.

Just my views.

It doesn't cost anything to add a chatbox, but I agree with Pansy's points...except for the flame wars. Really can't see it happening with the kind of posters on this site. (Most of us take too much estrogen for an online pissing contest to happen...actually maybe that's why everyone is so nice LOL)

It would be highly entertaining either way. I vote yes ;p

What are flame wars? Shy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon