Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

In the opposite direction

(24-10-2017, 12:39 AM)Nightshade Wrote:  Lotus, Dianna1395, thanks for the suggestions both of you.

It was a long time before I had any diagnosis. I would recommend finding a doctor to give a proper diagnosis rather than self-medicating, but doctors can suck sometimes Tongue  There are many pro-inflammatory cytokines for example and you don't necessarily know which ones are acting up.

On the subject of fish oil, make sure it actually has a high amount of Omega-3. I take Now Foods Ultra Omega. That's only one half of the equation though. You need to make sure to limit your intake of Omega-6 which is in most nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils. Switching to unrefined virgin coconut oil (we get Nutiva brand) is one thing I'd recommend. Olive oil is better than the other vegetable oils.

After 20+ years, this is the first good doctor I'm seeing. I'm following Stephen Buhner's new Lyme protocol which does help repair the body through cytokine and immune remodulation, protecting endothelial cells and collogen, along with fighting the illness directly. Now I'm just trying to make sure none of the herbs conflicts with NBE.

I also did start seeing a therapist about my gender issues, but due to my health I live with my parents as an adult and they won't let me go on Rx hormones. I'm not sure if I should tell my therapist about NBE plans since "self-medication" is frowned upon, but I don't like being dishonest if I don't have to.

The main thing I'm concerned about with the Lyme protocol is Polygonum Cuspidatum (aka Japanese Knotweed) which has Resveratrol. I forget the specifics as to why Resveratrol is bad for NBE, but the other constituents of the Knotweed are supposed to be really good for fighting Lyme.

There also some things in my diet (and possibly supplements I'm taking) that would be classified as either aromatase inhibitors or phytoestrogens. I don't know if any are strong enough to make a difference, but I'm going to see if I can find substitutes. I am at least taking a White Peony extract which is supposed to be an aromatase agonist. It also inhibits TGF-beta and NF-kB cytokines (which is good for me).

Hi, Nightshade,
I have to ask...
You're an adult, right?
How is it your parent's right to tell you what to do, even if you live with them?
I understand it's difficult, but - this is where you probably need to talk to a doctor privately about things, and get "alternate" medicines.
Use things off-label.
Have the doctor prescribe it, and justify it, and then keep it somewhat out of sight.
Pellets might be the best...

The only thing I can think of offhand is, you're dependent on them for insurance. In which case, for how long?

Not to share too much: We have an adult child living with us. She is unruly, undisciplined, and anything we tell her to do, she fights.
Her room is a pigsty. We're out of silverware? It's in her room. The funny smell? Also her room (pot, decay, whatever.)
Laundry? In the hamper outside her room.
Pants? Optional to her.
Job? Also optional...

So it might sound odd that i'd say, stand up and be your own "man." ;-) (Adult, obviously.)
But I rather doubt you're like her - 22 acting like 2.
Which means, you're in position to make your own decisions. If it requires some hiding, it's still your life.

Whatever you decide, I can understand.
I miss my father every day; he died with neither of us able to talk. I was unable to talk, he had been intubated so long on pure oxygen, he had no vocal chords. That was 4 years ago, and I still come close to crying just thinking about it. I hadn't seen him in at least a year, maybe two. Just no money, no time, and - they're both VERY devout Catholics. (Let's not get into the religion, just understand they're opposed to LGBTQIAA-Whatever the F they've added now. The WTF is from Me, just so we're all clear.) And since I'm living with a woman, but not married to her, I'm going to hell.
WTF, I already was... :-P
Mom's had 6 eye operations this year, I was there for none. She was almost killed in an auto accident last year, I couldn't get there for a month.

This is just so you can see where I'm coming from....
Why I'd understand whatever decision you make.

But I'd still recommend doing SOMETHING to keep your own sanity. You know you, and them, best. Working on a low-dose or herbal remedy approach can do a lot, if it helps you - go for it.
I took HRT while living at home. Maybe it stunted my growth, maybe it helped the breasts grow, maybe it doesn't matter (I.E., still suffer from MPB). In the long run - it DOESN'T matter, what's done is done - you just need to decide what is necessary for you - and then you'll need to do it. If you can minimize the development while making things work for you, that's all that really matters.

But how is up to you...  ;-)

Let us know how things go.
-Dianna

Hello, Nightmare,
Everyone will probably have some interest in this, actually, as inflammation can be a real problem.

http://chestsculpting.com/why-youll-neve...-about-it/

We certainly don't want to induce fatty or sluggish liver in order to improve our breast growth, but we DO want to avoid bad livers, and increased metabolism will be our friend generally, especially if we have problems with inflammation.

A few additional notes to the article:
- Add black pepper to turmeric tea. T-Nation has the "exact" recipe.
- Cold showers are also anti-inflammatory.  Hot showers increase inflammation.
- Sugar increases inflammation, by itself, before f*($ing up the liver (and arteries, which also leads to cholesterol blocking the arteries...).
- Water is your friend, and you can add some lemon juice for a flavor boost, with minimal calories. (Also increases vitamin C, and works to counter candida yeast, which becomes "fungal" if it permeates the body. See "Lifeforce" book, @ https://www.amazon.com/LifeForce-Dynamic-Health-Vitality-Weight/dp/1885003978?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1885003978, and https://www.naturalnews.com/032071_chron...yeast.html).

I know it's difficult, Nightshade, but the more you do to break the inflammation, the better and faster things will get back to normal.
BTW...  Nightshades? Are inflammatory...  ;-)
-Dianna

(25-10-2017, 02:27 AM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Hello, Nightmare,
Everyone will probably have some interest in this, actually, as inflammation can be a real problem.

http://chestsculpting.com/why-youll-neve...-about-it/

We certainly don't want to induce fatty or sluggish liver in order to improve our breast growth, but we DO want to avoid bad livers, and increased metabolism will be our friend generally, especially if we have problems with inflammation.

A few additional notes to the article:
- Add black pepper to turmeric tea. T-Nation has the "exact" recipe.
- Cold showers are also anti-inflammatory.  Hot showers increase inflammation.
- Sugar increases inflammation, by itself, before f*($ing up the liver (and arteries, which also leads to cholesterol blocking the arteries...).
- Water is your friend, and you can add some lemon juice for a flavor boost, with minimal calories. (Also increases vitamin C, and works to counter candida yeast, which becomes "fungal" if it permeates the body. See "Lifeforce" book, @ https://www.amazon.com/LifeForce-Dynamic-Health-Vitality-Weight/dp/1885003978?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=1885003978, and https://www.naturalnews.com/032071_chron...yeast.html).

I know it's difficult, Nightshade, but the more you do to break the inflammation, the better and faster things will get back to normal.
BTW...  Nightshades? Are inflammatory...  ;-)
-Dianna

I'm sorry to hear about your parents. I'm not sure what to say about the adult child. I'm the first one to admit I'm still quite immature, but I was also an honors student and into athletics before my health drastically altered my life.

I'm in my late 30s and have had Lyme disease for 22 years. I'm very disabled because of it and can't work. I don't even leave the house anymore except for doctor appointments.

There is some good news at least. They decided to allow me to go on HRT. I guess if I had a friend to drive me to appointments maybe I wouldn't need their help. I can't drive either because of my health. It would be like driving drunk. I haven't driven in close to 20 years.

Yeah. Inhibiting liver function isn't going to work very well in the long run Big Grin And I actually take supplements for methylation. Right now my main focus is health, but I'm tired of waiting for HRT as the big 4-0 is approaching.

IDK if meds are the best way, but from what I've heard they're cheaper than the supplements. I am curious about possibly just taking prescription estrogen and using supps for androgen balance. idk, depends on the doctor. Many doctors don't like the patients calling the shots, but hopefully I'll get a good one.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that Chinese Skullcap is in the herbal Lyme protocol I'm on and it is mentioned here as inhibiting 5-alpha reductase. It also should help with inflammation. It's kind of hard to tell what's going on with me, but my doctor is testing me for coinfections so hopefully that will reveal some new course in treatment.

I had to Google MPB. I guess I've been relatively lucky considering my dad starting losing hair much earlier than me. I did unfortunately inherit his curly hair (and my mom's thick hair - which isn't a good combination). I think I might just wear a wig if I ever transitioned. I guess I can keep it short since the androgynous/butch look works as a lesbian. Recently I've been hearing a lot about transphobic lesbians so maybe I'll just identify as "queer" instead.

I am taking some stuff for yeast/candida. I'm not really on a low carb diet though, but I do try to restrict sugars and simple carbohydrates as much as I can. I've been hearing about the ketogenic diet so maybe I'll look into that. idk.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon