Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

In the opposite direction

So, if I'm following this correctly, an albumin supplement used with a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor and a free T converter (ie: Red Reishi and White Peony) would help maximize the efficiency of one's NBE program?

On a side note: Lotus should write an "NBE for Dummies" book or "Boobies for Noobies" Tongue

(23-01-2015, 08:04 AM)Lananonymous Wrote:  "Boobies for Noobies" Tongue

You rang? Big Grin

I like "Boobies for Noobies". It has a certain "sway" to it . GET it?? LOL I kill myself. (ducking)

(23-01-2015, 08:04 AM)Lananonymous Wrote:  So, if I'm following this correctly, an albumin supplement used with a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor and a free T converter (ie: Red Reishi and White Peony) would help maximize the efficiency of one's NBE program?

On a side note: Lotus should write an "NBE for Dummies" book or "Boobies for Noobies" Tongue

You're on the right track, improving the bioavailability of sex steroids is key. For example something called the "rate of delivery" to the target cells and tissues, high blood flow delivers more hormones than low blood flow. Pulse sequence of hormones vary on average (generally 5-10 minutes, sometimes shorter). Keeping good blood flow to unrestrict hormones would be ideal, here's where keeping inflammation low would definitely help with drug metabolism.

Example-
Cholesterol can also be viewed as a hormone, because it is synthesized in the liver, passes from the blood (due, mainly, low-density lipoprotein (LDL)) in peripheral tissues and inhibits its biosynthesis.

I've spent too much time looking for the "next" best supplement for NBE, only to realize no matter what you put in (take) for NBE it won't make a difference if you have systemic inflammation, poor metabolism, diet, etc. Lets say we had access to the best supplement in existence, if we can't properly metabolize (process) it, then that supplement and its expense is absolutley worthless.

Anyways, food for thought. RolleyesSmile

(24-01-2015, 07:46 PM)Lotus Wrote:  I've spent too much time looking for the "next" best supplement for NBE, only to realize no matter what you put in (take) for NBE it won't make a difference if you have systemic inflammation, poor metabolism, diet, etc. Lets say we had access to the best supplement in existence, if we can't properly metabolize (process) it, then that supplement and its expense is absolutley worthless.

Does this mean I'm screwed if I have Lyme disease? I've been trying to learn as much as possible before asking any questions, but it does get kind of discouraging. I can't get prescription hormones right now so I'm trying to make do with OTC stuff mentioned here.

Inflammation is a big deal for me....
I have NO. CLUE. how to correct it. Fish oil and exercise seem my only options - the problem is stress. Cortisol, especially, chronic, for YEARS.

I'd rather kill myself in the gym for 4 hours than "work" for 8 - because the "work" cr@p is just a nightmare.
E.G., start the recorder for scripting, it records user actions?
Lovely.
Wait 5 minutes - not too bad, really.
But seeing the CPU @ 20%? While I wait?
Pisses me off.
Then there is waiting for each and every action....  And the pages are so slow, they time out. After 2 minutes, the program stops recording...  I have to tell it to wait 5 minutes or longer, sometimes.
Then, 45 minutes to generate a script from the recording.

You think maybe it's time to get a different job?
CPU is rarely over 20%....  All due to the format of permissions. Every action must be verified by crippleware (Security software).

So, after all that ranting....
Anyone looked at PRO level supplements? E.G., maybe just "fish oil" isn't enough. Maybe a bodybuilder's version would be better? (Thinking the Biotest line of products. Not that i've used them before...  But like here, a lot of people swear by them.)

Also would be curious to check the value of Krill oil vs. Fish oil. Krill supposedly has better bioavailability in tissues, but I think fish oil might be less bioavailable because it's doing more to clear the inflammation...
But at this point, it's barely a thought.

I've got Java certification required for my "development" at work...  We just don't use it enough. (And others are quitting. Tells you something...)

-Dianna

(21-10-2017, 11:08 PM)Nightshade Wrote:  
(24-01-2015, 07:46 PM)Lotus Wrote:  I've spent too much time looking for the "next" best supplement for NBE, only to realize no matter what you put in (take) for NBE it won't make a difference if you have systemic inflammation, poor metabolism, diet, etc. Lets say we had access to the best supplement in existence, if we can't properly metabolize (process) it, then that supplement and its expense is absolutley worthless.

Does this mean I'm screwed if I have Lyme disease? I've been trying to learn as much as possible before asking any questions, but it does get kind of discouraging. I can't get prescription hormones right now so I'm trying to make do with OTC stuff mentioned here.

Well, as noted in my last answer, there are anti-inflammatory foods.
I'd suggest lots of leafy greens, fruits (Vitamin C is awesome), and the best fish oil you can get. Maybe Krill oil as well.
And it would be interesting to look into niacin flush, too, but I'd think any benefits are from side effects (increased blood flow = increased oxygenation = decreased inflammation, as a side effect of flushing.) But it's not necessarily the best idea, it feels weird, if it's not necessary, I wouldn't go for it.

I'd google the Anti-Inflammation Diet, if you don't know about it already.
It would likely help. And avoiding the "bad" foods is also essential: Fatty, fried, refined sugar in any form, and that includes fructose (fruit juices, HFCS - High Fructose Corn Syrup.)

Avoid fruit juice, too. Eat whole fruits. Beware of certain other problems, too, like beets, carrots, tomatoes, corn, breads, pastas, etc. They break down into sugars (carbs) in digestion, and that can be a problem. Depends on how damaged the system is.

Keep us posted, ask the doctors about how to track inflammation levels, and then you could do trial and error to reduce inflammation and increase your sensitivity (E.G., Lavender essential oil will potentiate estrogen receptors. Spearmint tea will reduce free testosterone, freeing up the estrogen to do its thing. Etc. All about ratios and tweaking the ratios. :-)  )

Best of luck!
-Dianna

(21-10-2017, 11:08 PM)Nightshade Wrote:  

Hi Nightshade, 

have you been diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease?, chronic inflammation is quite different from acute inflammation (which acute is the initial response the body makes to repair tissues from the initial injury) whereas chronic inflammation leads to tissue destruction...now throw in a pro-inflammatory diet and things can go further south: 

(e.g.) A Proinflammatory Diet Is Associated with Systemic Inflammation and Reduced Kidney Function in Elderly Adults http://m.jn.nutrition.org/content/early/...7.abstract

So, my point is to strengthen immunities, or get pro-active in the way you managed the Lyme disease symptoms. Overcoming a compromised immune needs to come first before staring a NBE program, take for instance obesity, insulin receptors are reduced (or inactived) by obesity...which in turn the pancreas secretes more insulin because it senses less activation of receptors...thereby storing more fat and reducing energy, type 2 diabetes etc, etc...you get the picture.

Ah, not to worry though, you can flip chronic conditions around by a few things (of which you already know) exercise, diet, meditation, deep breathing techniques...I know right?, exactly how does one with a chronic illness change things?. Start with small achievable goals (e.g. eliminate processed foods), reduce sugar and salt intake, take in some sun, de-stress, detox, eat smaller portion sizes comes to mind. From the looks of newly discovered research on insulin is that by suppressing glucagon it inhibits fat storage...and from what I see fasting does exactly that (suppresses glucagon), and maybe nitric oxide and few others I see, in other words tricking insulin to stop secreting more insulin from the pancreas, but lol that’s actually bringing back normal conditions, the trick part is from insulin thinking it needs to produce more (insulin secretion).

What is your doctors prognosis?, do you see a therapist?. People without pain can’t relate to someone who suffers with pain (speaking from experience),  Blush I sympathize with what you have on your plate, and what you’ve learned from here shouldn’t be taken as medical advise, so please speak to a professional, if transition is what you seek find a gender doctor to handle the health care needs.

Hang in there and best of luck.

Lotus, Dianna1395, thanks for the suggestions both of you.

It was a long time before I had any diagnosis. I would recommend finding a doctor to give a proper diagnosis rather than self-medicating, but doctors can suck sometimes Tongue  There are many pro-inflammatory cytokines for example and you don't necessarily know which ones are acting up.

On the subject of fish oil, make sure it actually has a high amount of Omega-3. I take Now Foods Ultra Omega. That's only one half of the equation though. You need to make sure to limit your intake of Omega-6 which is in most nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils. Switching to unrefined virgin coconut oil (we get Nutiva brand) is one thing I'd recommend. Olive oil is better than the other vegetable oils.

After 20+ years, this is the first good doctor I'm seeing. I'm following Stephen Buhner's new Lyme protocol which does help repair the body through cytokine and immune remodulation, protecting endothelial cells and collogen, along with fighting the illness directly. Now I'm just trying to make sure none of the herbs conflicts with NBE.

I also did start seeing a therapist about my gender issues, but due to my health I live with my parents as an adult and they won't let me go on Rx hormones. I'm not sure if I should tell my therapist about NBE plans since "self-medication" is frowned upon, but I don't like being dishonest if I don't have to.

The main thing I'm concerned about with the Lyme protocol is Polygonum Cuspidatum (aka Japanese Knotweed) which has Resveratrol. I forget the specifics as to why Resveratrol is bad for NBE, but the other constituents of the Knotweed are supposed to be really good for fighting Lyme.

There also some things in my diet (and possibly supplements I'm taking) that would be classified as either aromatase inhibitors or phytoestrogens. I don't know if any are strong enough to make a difference, but I'm going to see if I can find substitutes. I am at least taking a White Peony extract which is supposed to be an aromatase agonist. It also inhibits TGF-beta and NF-kB cytokines (which is good for me).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon