Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight Loss, any thought's?

HI All!!
IT seems that i have been losing weight recently instead of gaining.
My current regimen consist of ainterol pm and SP for anti-androgen.I have only been on the ainterol for a week now.but I had been on solgar pm for a few weeks prior to starting the ainterol.my current thinking is that i am losing muscle mass from the added estrogen and anti-androgen's.who knows.I have been taking 1000mg a day of the PM.one morning-one night.I am thinking of upping to 1500mg starting Monday.it says to not take more than 2 a day,but for us males I think we need a higher dose.hope to see some good results soon.I started with weaker herbs in late January this year.so it has not been enough time for budding to start.Hopefully soonBig Grin
Diva Chick 32....

Good luck Diva,

How much SP are you taking?

Some who take massive doses of PM report side effects. I'm talking about 3,000 mg daily. One person reported taking 1,500 mg morning and another 1,500 mg evening and wasn't feeling well (sorry, I don't remember the person or the symptoms). After changing to the same 3,000 mg daily, but taking one 500 mg pill every 3 hours, everything seemed much better.

I am not suggesting such a large amount. Just that if you start to feel something, you might consider spreading the 1,500 mg daily into breakfast, lunch and dinner doses.

I just started PM (second day) and am all the way up to 500 mg daily. Smile The last thing i need is to gain weight. Can one survive only on PM and milk?

You're more patient than I am. You've been doing this for 2 1/2 months and keep praying. I started PM 20 hours ago and am wondering when it will kick in Big Grin (just kidding, I'll give it at least a week.)

The only thought I have is you suck.

I just get an ever growing pooch and a giant jiggly rear.

Then again I am very lazy.

Sorry I doubt this is much help, but that being said, I don't see the problem here lol

I'd be surprised if muscle mass loss was that rapid.

What is more likely is that the PM is relieving the anxieties that cause "comfort eating" - I found it easier to lose weight after I started taking it.
A low-carb diet definitely helps here.

Regarding PM dosage, my understanding is that 1000mg is the recommended female dose, and 2000mg/day for TG males. I'm not the only one who found that nothing much happened until 3000mg/day - I have heard of 4000.

Regarding side effects, I find that I can tolerate 500mg every 3 hours. More concentration than that can cause me to have cramps around my kidneys.

Other people report headaches on too high a dose, but, for me at least, Maca seems to relieve this. I ran out of it recently and a day afterwards I woke up with a headache. Anecdotal, sample size of one etc., take with a pinch of salt.... but if you get headaches, it's worth a try.

I take Maca (and Butea Superba) to help with combating the libido suppressing effects of PM, but other people take it as it is supposed to help hip/bottom development, so you may not consider it a waste of money even if it does not help with headaches. (FWIW).

Good luck!

Bryony

Ah ha, it was bryony that I was referring to earlier when I said:

(10-03-2012, 10:49 PM)EricaB Wrote:  Some who take massive doses of PM report side effects. I'm talking about 3,000 mg daily. One person reported taking 1,500 mg morning and another 1,500 mg evening and wasn't feeling well (sorry, I don't remember the person or the symptoms). After changing to the same 3,000 mg daily, but taking one 500 mg pill every 3 hours, everything seemed much

I can do your weight loss one better, I've lose maybe 5 or 10 pounds in the past week or three even before starting PM. Just the thought of PM was enough to put my body in its place, which goes to prove just how potent it is. Dodgy Actually, I ran out of snack food and was too lazy to get more. Rolleyes Plus I was trying to be good, if only a little.

MACA was causing me some naaaaaaasty headaches. I've also lost weight but I changed my diet significantly and haven't been dropping 1000-6000mg of PM down my throat lately either so I can't accurately comment B-)

(12-03-2012, 01:02 PM)dargona Wrote:  MACA was causing me some naaaaaaasty headaches. I've also lost weight but I changed my diet significantly and haven't been dropping 1000-6000mg of PM down my throat lately either so I can't accurately comment B-)

How odd! I get the headaches without the Maca!

B.

Since !/9/11 I have gone from between 200 and 210 to today weight of 174. All this weight loss is due to GYNECOMASTIA, and SP and FG, SP was started in dec 2011, and FG in JAN 12. cp

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon