Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Chest/Body Hair Solutions?

Question 

Untill my hair thins on its own I am trying to find solutions to remove it that work well, look good and last more than a few hours/days.

first I guess I should describe my issues with this.

My Skin has always been excessively sensitive to things such as shaving and waxing, so much so that I always get bad bumps/blisters and ingrowns within 24 hours of either and the hair regrows FAST.

I am also very Hairy (as in like a gorilla) and my hair is not only quite coarse, but when waxed will tend to break off more often than pull out.

I have tried Depilatories (nair and magic shave cream) but thy were always either to weak to work on my hair or gave me a chemical burn.

I have been doing tweezing lately and so-far that is having the best results, but the area is far to large and I cant see or reach to tweeze other areas (eg my back) and I have no one I can have help me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

An epilator would be one option. I've found it to a bit painful for my chest hair but since you've been tweezing lately the pain might be more tolerable for you.

Another possible option would be going to a hair removal clinic and getting it lasered off. I haven't done this for my chest hair but I have for my facial hair and I've been happy with the results so far. It's not a painless procedure and it is on the expensive side, but it could very well be the method that gives you the most long-lasting results. And you would also be able to get the hair removed from your back.

i have an epilator, but the downside with it is it has much the same issue as waxing with breaking off the hairs instead of pulling them out, and it hurts like heck.

I dunno, maybe i just have a junk one...

this is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/Veet-Velvette-Comf...B001MVXQ9S

This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003II4...01_s00_i00

This works for me and it does take a week or more for the hair to grow back. It's just the pain factor that's a problem. Sad

Otherwise I would suggest getting a free consult to see how much time and money it would take to get your hair lasered off.

There should be no problem with that particular brand and model. However, you may find it easier to accomplish if you trim your hair to 1/8", or even a little less, before you use the epilator. The instructions should have mentioned that. You'd be surprised how short the hair can be and it will still get a hold of it. After a couple uses, it does get a lot less painful. You may discover a couple areas where it will be less effective. Bryony states that she breaks a few on her under-breast area, and I almost always break some around my kneecaps. But, I understand that, as nature made the skin a little tougher there, so it makes sense that pulling the hair would be more difficult. It won't take long and you will notice a reduction in the amount of hair that grows back, as well as the coarseness will be reduced. That was my experience before I started my boob quest, and after that, with the things I was taking, it only made it quicker.

(11-05-2012, 05:45 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003II4...01_s00_i00

This works for me and it does take a week or more for the hair to grow back. It's just the pain factor that's a problem. Sad

Otherwise I would suggest getting a free consult to see how much time and money it would take to get your hair lasered off.

I would consider Laser if it wasn't for the cost, at the moment I cant spare that amount of money.

the last time I tried my epilator the pain factor almost had me in tears, and I actually have a high pain tolerance for anything else.

and I did use the included spray to deaden the skin, unfortunately its effects wore off in about 20 seconds and didn't work worth a darn again afterwards.

PattiJT Wrote:There should be no problem with that particular brand and model. However, you may find it easier to accomplish if you trim your hair to 1/8", or even a little less, before you use the epilator. The instructions should have mentioned that. You'd be surprised how short the hair can be and it will still get a hold of it.

The Instructions said 1/4" to 1/2" minimum if I remember.

PattiJT Wrote:After a couple uses, it does get a lot less painful. You may discover a couple areas where it will be less effective. Bryony states that she breaks a few on her under-breast area, and I almost always break some around my kneecaps. But, I understand that, as nature made the skin a little tougher there, so it makes sense that pulling the hair would be more difficult. It won't take long and you will notice a reduction in the amount of hair that grows back, as well as the coarseness will be reduced. That was my experience before I started my boob quest, and after that, with the things I was taking, it only made it quicker.

well, i'll give it another try, but I will have to wait a bit the hairs are only about 1/16" atm, should be 1/8" by tomorrow afternoon/night at the latest.

at least I already have the area around my nipples tweezed so I wont have to get close to those with it.

now to figure out how to epilate my own back.....

Can't help you with the back. However, they do make extension handles that attach to a razor handle just for people who want to shave their backs.

I know the first couple times epilating your chest can be holy hell, but it gets better. Maybe a late, tired night like this will dull the senses? There's always a couple of stiff shots, or the occasional pain-killer??

It's also kind of like plucking your eyebrows, guaranteed to clear your sinuses!!

well, I got half of it done before i had to stop, will try to get the other half later....
*shudders at the thought*

(11-05-2012, 10:31 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  well, I got half of it done before i had to stop, will try to get the other half later....

Actually, Patti's suggestion of painkillers is a good one. People only tend to use them for headaches/toothaches etc, but they are very good at numbing all forms of low-level pain. Whenever I do something stupid in the kitchen and get something hot spilt on my skin, the first thing I do holding the affected area under cold water is to take 2 painkillers.

So give it a try.

B.

(12-05-2012, 01:29 AM)bryony Wrote:  
(11-05-2012, 10:31 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  well, I got half of it done before i had to stop, will try to get the other half later....

Actually, Patti's suggestion of painkillers is a good one. People only tend to use them for headaches/toothaches etc, but they are very good at numbing all forms of low-level pain. Whenever I do something stupid in the kitchen and get something hot spilt on my skin, the first thing I do holding the affected area under cold water is to take 2 painkillers.

So give it a try.

B.

I just might try it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon