Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Chest/Body Hair Solutions?

(09-12-2013, 07:17 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(09-12-2013, 01:44 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Anybody ever tried the Tria laser or the Flash N go?

Thinking about buying one of them. I'm not very hairy luckily, but i'm tired of plucking facial hairs.

I've got a Tria, doesn't seem to achieve much, tbh.

That's disappointing, considering the price. Have you been using it on your face? Or somewhere else?

(09-12-2013, 05:16 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Shaving or epilating? I shave mine all the time , at least twice a week. While I epilate my chest, I haven't saved up enough tears to epilate my underarms yet.

I epilate my arms. After the first few times it gets less painful.

From another forum I found the advice to wax first, then use the epilator to maintain. That worked for me, except the Nads stuff I used to wax at the get go was like fly-paper and left a goo behind. (nothing that WD40 wouldn't take off, though.)

I have the Braun model mentioned earlier in this thread. Works great.

The one thing I found that makes a huge difference is to exfoliate about three hours before (and I mean SCURB that skin till it's pink!) This took my ingrown hairs and bumps down to almost zero.

Has anyone ever seen this?

http://humannhealth.com/home-remedies-to...ently/287/

Maybe I am one of those gullible people lol. But I already ordered some of the thanaka powder to see if it really helps.
I had tried to do more research into it, but couldn't find a whole lot about it. It is used for a lot of things which makes me kind of skeptical. One of those things is skin care, which I figure, if its good for your skin, why not.

I lasered. Wasn't too hairy to begin with. Laser takes multiple treatments. Advertised as 6 but more like 10-12 spaced about 6 weeks apart. Then maintanence treatments maybe 1-3 times a year. Works best with lighter skin and darker hair. Can't be in the sun afterwards as your skin is more likely to burn. I do maintanence treatments in fall and spring.

Expensive. Yes. But getting cheaper every year. I never tried a home product like the tria but it would also take 6-12 treatments with about 4-6 weeks between treatments to see if it really works.

The hair that grows back now is lighter and less dense, but not really any finer. Still it's nothing a quick shave with an electric razor can't take care of. I only shave2x a week. I get the occasional ingrown hair but not to often. Also, I use aloe on my skin afterwards. The same gel stuff used to treat sunburns.

I should also mention that I'm speaking about chest and abs, I have not done my beard and my wife says that is crossing a line with her... So I won't.

(09-12-2013, 09:40 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(09-12-2013, 07:17 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(09-12-2013, 01:44 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Anybody ever tried the Tria laser or the Flash N go?

Thinking about buying one of them. I'm not very hairy luckily, but i'm tired of plucking facial hairs.

I've got a Tria, doesn't seem to achieve much, tbh.

That's disappointing, considering the price. Have you been using it on your face? Or somewhere else?

I had almost a years worth of laser on face/neck, chest/stomach and arms/hands. It obviously didn't affect the white hairs,(of which I had countless more than I realised ) but was about 98% successful on body but somewhat less so on face.

I bought the Tria to try to deal with rest, but as I said I'm not convinced. The zap feeling is a lot less than a professional machine gives as well.

Anyone try the No-No hair removal system. I think it doesn't destroy the hair follicle but burns the hair down to the root. Seems like that may work well onwhite hairs but be much more of a temporary thing.

(12-12-2013, 03:43 PM)Golus1 Wrote:  Anyone try the No-No hair removal system. I think it doesn't destroy the hair follicle but burns the hair down to the root. Seems like that may work well onwhite hairs but be much more of a temporary thing.

I haven't tried it but I would be weary about getting it considering it's received a sizeable number of unfavorable reviews on Amazon.

As far as lasering your facial hair it's not an all or nothing decision. When I got my first laser treatment the technician asked if my goal was for full removal or just to make my facial hair more manageable. Perhaps your wife would be okay if you lasered only some but not all of your facial hair?

(13-12-2013, 12:38 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(12-12-2013, 03:43 PM)Golus1 Wrote:  Anyone try the No-No hair removal system. I think it doesn't destroy the hair follicle but burns the hair down to the root. Seems like that may work well onwhite hairs but be much more of a temporary thing.

I haven't tried it but I would be weary about getting it considering it's received a sizeable number of unfavorable reviews on Amazon.

As far as lasering your facial hair it's not an all or nothing decision. When I got my first laser treatment the technician asked if my goal was for full removal or just to make my facial hair more manageable. Perhaps your wife would be okay if you lasered only some but not all of your facial hair?

Just follow my advice guys, and get an epilator. Over time it pulls out the roots. I am 95% permanetly hairless, breasts and pubes.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon