Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

So what's the SP verdict?

I'm not starting with PM yet. That's a good ways away, mostly due to cost and availability, so I'm only using FG right now, and want to incorporate SP starting next week.

I'm taking 3660mg daily of FG, 2 610's 3 times a day.

What's the verdict on if SP is actually useful or not? I've seen claims going both ways. Some saying you absolutely need it, some saying it hurts more than helps, some say it's only useful for some programs.

The diverging opinions seem to stem from age. Roughly, if you're under 40 you're probably going to break out acne wise.

I've read that after 6 months on PM, you can drop the SP. I'm almost at 6 months now, but I can tell I start to break out the day after if I drop it. Not as bad as I used to break out, but I apparently need to keep beating down DHT for a bit longer.

I'd say everyone is different, so see if you break out without it. If not, you don't need it.

Sarah, you usually give very sound advice, but I'm not sure how that applies to me, I'm not using PM.

So if I get zits, I need SP...
If I don't get zits, don't need SP...

(15-06-2012, 06:40 AM)Demon Lord Etna Wrote:  Sarah, you usually give very sound advice, but I'm not sure how that applies to me, I'm not using PM.

So if I get zits, I need SP...
If I don't get zits, don't need SP...

Sorry, I meant when you started taking PM. If you mean to take the SP before starting on PM, you're right, I don't think you'll break out either way. I'd start off on a smaller dose of it and see what you think.

May as well get the DHT levels down slowly. PM has an anti androgen included, but with only FG, you will need to take some form of anti androgen, like SP.

OK, so SP is good... how much? 2700mg makes it the same quantity I'm taking on FG right now (2 every 8 hrs).

It was said that a minimum of 1800mg would take effect.
though going lower than that would make the SP treat you on hair loss and prostate problems.

SP is strange, take to little and it does this,take many and it does something els.

it treats hair loss,but it also prevents hair growth on certain mg percentage.

anyway, i just started taking PM/SP and vitamins today.
though i was wondering, how do people split the 4 pills of SP a day?
in what order? 2morning 1around midd day 1 at dinner? or?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon