Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Abi Drew's plan

(23-07-2014, 03:57 PM)echapman Wrote:  I'm glad you're coming back. I missed your beautiful face!

LOL, well thanks! I'm not really coming "back" per se, however. I'll be sticking pretty much to reporting on my own program only, and that'll be a monthly check-in at best. I might start a separate research and results thread in another part of the forum, if I get decent internet so I can start researching again and feel like sharing.

Welcome back abi! Pretty sure that "biological male" is meant in a clinical sense in regards to breast growth, but I suppose its meaning is open to interpretation. It's kind of sad that you generalize this entire side of the site as being people with whom you have nothing in common. Oh well, you're certainly entitled to that opinion. This site has changed a bit though;p

Good luck with the dog restaurant!!!!Big Grin

(23-07-2014, 05:17 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Welcome back abi! Pretty sure that "biological male" is meant in a clinical sense in regards to breast growth, but I suppose its meaning is open to interpretation. It's kind of sad that you generalize this entire side of the site as being people with whom you have nothing in common. Oh well, you're certainly entitled to that opinion. This site has changed a bit though;p

Good luck with the dog restaurant!!!!Big Grin

The "clinical" term is not biological, it's genetic. I am a GENETIC male... meaning I have XY chromosome pairing instead of XX.

And largely, I don't. You're one of the very few exceptions who also identify as female. But we're exceptions here. I doubt that has changed. If I really have to be here as well, it should at least be changed to the correct clinical term for me to be happy about it, otherwise I'll never feel right posting in the "biological" male section, because I am biologically just as female and was born such as any other woman.

Thanks for the luck wishing. It'll take quite a healthy helping of that to succeed in the Toledo area. Things flop here even when they succeed elsewhere and even with absolutely AMAZING marketing teams. I'll be THE ENTIRE marketing team, all by myself. YIKES! No pressure... no pressure at all... lmao.

Wow. I'm not sure how I'd go about marketing a restaurant for dogs, aside from targeting the owners instead of the dogs! I bet you never thought of that one!;p Hmm, maybe try to guilt them into a date with their dog?

Anyways, genetic does sound better. Lotus will probably either move you or change the name now!

Hey, Lotus, we need a new section for either women with male genitals or one for genetic males who identify as female.
Id also like one for genetic males who are only able to identify themselves as "biologically female" after years of psychological pain trying to overcome the affects of agonizing societal prejudice and stereotyping.

Abi, I mean no disrespect. I understand you feeling that you are 100% female. I really get that. But do you realize or care that your comments are exceptionally insulting to many who are on the same path but simply further behind than you or who faced greater challenges than you?

Do you also recognize that your attitude, if I am reading it correctly implies an acceptance and agreement with a strict binary approach in gender identity when the most advanced psychological research now recognizes not just a linear scale of non absolute identity but rather a geometric situation of enormous complexity. The human brain is the single most complicated object yet discovered in the known universe and the complexities contained within are nowhere near yet explained.

Are you familiar with the term "trannier than thou"? It is used in many TG forums to describe an arrogance that pops up amonst many near the end of transition. I have always had great respect for your views and intelligence and the copious contributions you have made to this board. Your work and journey have been so helpful to many of us, myself included. I would really hate to need to reevaluate that now.

While it is understandable wanting to solidify ones identity and have it reinforced externally at all times, a human compassion for the struggles of others in different but similar situations would be wished for, wouldn't it?

Samantha, I'm not trying to be "trannier" than anyone, "tranny" isn't even in my identity for myself. I am a transwoman, and transwomen are not "trannies", we're just women. I recognize other identities exist, of course I do. But my identity is excluded entirely in the definition of a "biological" male, and that is my point. I'm also just not happy about my thread being moved without even so much as me being notified. It taking me an hour to find my thread did not put me in a particularly pleasant mood. If whoever had moved it, had simply pm'd me about the move, instead of letting me search for an hour to find it when I eventually checked in again, my tone would have likely been completely different. Even better would have been ASKING me, instead of just presuming.

PS: After doing pricing, I'm going to have to delay at least part of my changes at least another month. I just can't afford part of it yet, which would add another over $70 a month. At that price tag it might be more economical, once I'm working, to finally start seeing a "gender therapist" and be able to get access to prescription shit.

PPS: As an anarchist, nothing pisses me off more than someone exercising false authority over me. I HATE having to go through a dumb fuck doctor for what I need.

Abi, the term "tranny" isnt in anyones vocabulary anymore, at least not within any serious or respectful trans discussion or community, except when used in this context and then with the exact intention of denoting extreme ironic sarcasm. I am sure you know that. :-)
No one was notified of any reorganization of the forum and many had threads moved by Lotus or Eve, all with the purpose of seeking a more intuitive way to navigate the growing forum. It has been rough for everyone and I dont doubt more changes are possible. Many have grumbled about the new form but I know it was done with the very best of intentions. I expect this thread was placed here with consideration that your experience would be most valuable to those looking in this section, and most easily located by them in this area.
In fact, none of us have rights to any of the content we post here, as Eve alone enjoys that luxury. We post here by her grace and at her pleasure. I cannot imagine hers to be an easy task. Most of us are grateful she extends this support for our benefit.
And since some structure needs to exist, how would you suggest it best be done? Semantic differences aside, there is a definite chemical/physiological difference between the hormonal makeup of those born with male genitalia versus those of female, regardless of self perception or identification, isnt there? And since this forum is ostensibly about breast growth first and foremost (no matter how much other stuff gets thrown in), does it not make more sense to group the experiences of those growing breasts while possessed of female physical and hormonal characteristics separately from those with male genitalia and genetic makeup? As such, it would serve no purpose other than making you "feel" better to place your experiences among those of "genetic" cis females.

But I certainly understand your frustration this morning.:-)

Btw...it is nice to see you post again. And good luck with the new business!

Welcome back Abi,

I'm sorry you couldn't find your thread, the change was made on 1-3-2014 when the section was created, (and the need for one was there). At first I was the only in it lol, I think I might have said to Eve how cool it would be to have Abi here, and a few days later you were there. My assumption was that you must have signed off on it, obviously that's not the case.

So, my sincerest apologies for the move. I can honestly say that your thread has helped so many people (including myself) who are or considering transition than you might realize. It's hard to deny it, since being moved to the section it's quite possible it brought more attention to the thread. I believe it was somewhere around 59,000 views on 1-3, and now it's more than doubled to over 125,000. In 7 months it's the highest viewed thread with over 65,000 views. Simply suggesting more people identify with you than you might realize.

If you'd like to be moved back over to the personnel program section I'm pretty sure Eve can do it. Again my apologies for being selfish, you've always been one of my NBE heroes.

Smile

Hey Abi, I am a new member here, and more MTA/non-binary/Androgyne - or whatever label is appropriate, though as I more from where I was towards where I need to be, hey maybe I will find I am more MTF than I am able to see yet...

I wanted to chime in here and say that when I was in the darkest part of my realization of my own GD, and trying to figure out how to deal with it there were only three pieces of information out of a thousand that hit home and let me chart a path out of that hellish mess. And your thread, this one, was probably the most important.

(The other two people were clear relatable examples for me that what I needed could be done, and would work for someone like me, but only you clearly showed a way to do it that seemed achievable.)

Your cleverness, experimentation, bravery, and openness on this thread made me see that a solution to my GD was possible. And you had even posted 90% of the roadmap that I needed so desperately at that time. My destination just has me getting off accouple exits before you on that road.

You helped me when I needed it, so thank you! You are an inspiration and a guiding star to many, I wish you all the luck and good fortune in the world! Smile

-----

(All that said I do agree that renaming the section Genetic Male rather than biomale would be both more accurate and less jarring to many here...)

- Jaded Jade

Abi,
I'm sorry for getting here late but I hope all is well. This thread has been one of the most interesting things I've read in the longest time. Emotions run the whole gamet, from Laughter to sorrow with quite a bit of information sprinkled in.

Being that I'm new here I hope that you continue to monitor this site and can check in occasionaly. You are an inspiration !!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon