Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Where to apply progrestorone cream, and how much?

Put it on my thighs today, we'll see I guess.

What spoon do you use to measure the PC cream? I was using a kitchen 1/4 measuring tsp for it, but today when I got my PM powder it came with the spoons this time and they seem tiny by comparison.

Which to use? I don't want to O/D, and at the same time, I don't want to barely get any.

(20-09-2012, 07:56 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Put it on my thighs today, we'll see I guess.

What spoon do you use to measure the PC cream? I was using a kitchen 1/4 measuring tsp for it, but today when I got my PM powder it came with the spoons this time and they seem tiny by comparison.

Which to use? I don't want to O/D, and at the same time, I don't want to barely get any.

I use the kitchen teaspoon. I think if you needed to use a special spoon for the progesterone cream it would've been mentioned it on the product's label. Could you take a picture of it along with the kitchen 1/4 teaspoon for comparison?

[attachment=2231]

Is the larger spoon the same kind you use for your PC?

(20-09-2012, 10:24 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Is the larger spoon the same kind you use for your PC?

Yeah, the larger spoon is what I use for the progesterone cream. I imagine if you needed to use a special spoon, wouldn't it have been included with the container like it is with the pm powder? Perhaps the customer reviews on this item on Amazon might give you some insight on this?

Well, its been a week. Should I cycle the PC, do a week on week off, or just keep taking 1/4 tsp twice a day?

I don't really know what would be best.

hey, i apply only 1/4 a teaspoon of prog. cream daily to my chest. however, after reading this i'm definitely going to start targeting a different area of my body every day.
one question i have, should we use prog. cream every day, or at some point in the cycle stop using it for a small period of time? personally i am going to assume the former is the correct way unless someone else gives input.

I've been cycling. I haven't tested out what way is better than the other. Unless you've been having problems with estrogen dominance symptoms, I suggest cycling as you won't be using up your progesterone cream as quickly.

(27-09-2012, 03:41 PM)tara koxx Wrote:  hey, i apply only 1/4 a teaspoon of prog. cream daily to my chest. however, after reading this i'm definitely going to start targeting a different area of my body every day.
one question i have, should we use prog. cream every day, or at some point in the cycle stop using it for a small period of time? personally i am going to assume the former is the correct way unless someone else gives input.

When I tried PG cream, they were talking about 1/8 teaspoons as well.
I measured it out as best I could in a spoon and then realised that it was about enough to cover my little finger nail, so from there on I simply scooped out a nail full! Then I read the instructions on their website which say " * How to Measure an Eighth of a Teaspoon:- Dab the underside of your little finger halfway to the nail (just as a face cream). The amount is about the size of a garden pea. "

As for daily or not, again the instructions on my pot gave a different routine for pre- and post-menopausal women. On the basis that post- women have virtually no natural PG production, and neither do we Big Grin , I used the 'post-' routine which was a 24 days application and 4 days off.
I used the 4 days off to increase my PM, which is what would happen naturally, the E levels peak during the PG low time.

(27-09-2012, 03:55 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  As for daily or not, again the instructions on my pot gave a different routine for pre- and post-menopausal women. On the basis that post- women have virtually no natural PG production, and neither do we Big Grin , I used the 'post-' routine which was a 24 days application and 4 days off.
I used the 4 days off to increase my PM, which is what would happen naturally, the E levels peak during the PG low time.

Thank you for pointing this out. My PG cream container says for postmenopausal women to use for 21 days, discontinue for 7 days and repeat. Out of curiosity, how much do you increase your pm by during the off days?

(27-09-2012, 04:02 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Thank you for pointing this out. My PG cream container says for postmenopausal women to use for 21 days, discontinue for 7 days and repeat. Out of curiosity, how much do you increase your pm by during the off days?

NP Smile

Well, my average PM intake over the month is 4 x500mg per day. During the high days I go up to 6 x500mg, but approaching the end of the 24 days I drop it to 2x500mg for a few days. all that very roughly mimics a GG hormone production cycle. I don't know if it does make any difference but it can't do any harm. Also there is a suspicion that varying the levels reduces the chances of the body getting too used to a constant level and switching off. I've always thought that my most intense 'growing pain's are on both sides of the ramp ( up and down) not actually at the top.

Having said all that, I went through three pots of PG cream without being convinced that it really did anything. For the past 3 months, I've been taking Microgest instead and I do think that is working. However I've dropped the PM to 1500mg per day because I had a strong suspicion that I was getting a too high overall hormone level.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon