Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Your Lip balm/treatments

I'm always looking for different products to use on my lips to make them nice and smooth and thought to start up a thread here for some recommendations. I'll start off by telling you guys what I'm currently using.

I bought a collagen mask on ebay for a dollar and it works great. It's kind of strange but my lips really improved after a single application. I also invested in Avon Care Deeply which has aloe in it. These two work together for me for really smooth lips. I also bought a sheer lipstick by MAC on ebay for a dollar which gives my lips a rosey red color. It has castor oil in it I believe. I also use a matte lip stick by e.l.f. It has vitamin A in it, which is good for skin overall

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160818887602?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261072317686?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271012811676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/lips/..._lip_color

I kind of alternate between the balm and the lipsticks. They tend to help in different ways I've noticed. In addition to this, I also use sugar or my toothbrush to brush away dead skin.

Well, currently I have nothing fancy going.

I just brush with a toothbrush lightly on my lips, or make a sugar-water paste and exfoliate. Only once every few weeks or so. Then I just glob on Vaseline Petroleum Jelly overnight and my lips are pretty smooth. Smile

Drinking lots or water during the day is most important to my lips. For some reason it shows up really quick on my lips (they get dry and flake) if I haven't had enough water during the day.

Castor oil is good in my experience too. I use Castor Oil alone. Because of its antiviral properties it's great for preventing cold sores too.

Hi!

I have very sensitive skin in my face, so I use only basic natural products, and lately have been using coconut oil in my face, so all I do for my lips is put some coconut oil on them overnight, and they are nice and smooth all day.

@BodyRocking - I've been meaning to try vasaline as I've read about it's multiple uses. I'm using something similar to it but I'm afraid it can be a bit drying. The same goes for my time trying carmex, though I'm guessing that was mostly the camphor it has in it.

@Snowball - I experience the same thing when it comes to drinking water. It's difficult to be so diligent with it. From what I've read, if you keep consistent with drinking 2 liters a day, you'll stop going to the bathroom so often. I haven't really gotten to that point yet.

I've heard that castor oil is also good for eyelashes. Pretty much any oil is, but castor is the most recommended for some reason.

@gilly - I rarely use lotion these days, just the oils I've gotten for my skin over the last year. For the coconut oil, what you could try is putting it in your hair. I've read it's one of the best oils to use on your hair because it penetrates the follicle better than most.

I totally agree with the vaseline! 100% I have big lips so I am super picky about what I put on them. Almost every lip balm, chapstick etc will leave you with gross lips if constantly reapply it. (really dont like carmex) The only one that I will use is softlips. I just use my warm washcloth to get any dead/dry areas off and that also makes them nice and rosy then gob on the vaseline and it is the best stuff ever and super cheap.

My lips get dry when I'm dehydrated, too. Which is unfortunately most of the time since I don't get thirsty naturally. :/

My friend uses Maybelline's Baby Lips, and she loves it. It smells pretty good when she uses it, so I'm considering switching out my cheap chap stick (doesn't do much to help anyway) for this.
[Image: 2232640?%24lg%24]

@angel34 - I agree, so I'm experimenting with what I can find online and for what people recommend. The Avon stuff is pretty good but if I don't apply it for several days my lips get really dry and pealy. I'm gonna wait until I run out before I look into anything new.

@Doll - I'm the same way. I have to force myself to drink which can be difficult at times, even when carrying a large water bottle around. I think you're the second to suggest Baby Lips to me. I'll have to look around to find a good price for it or see if any local stores have it in stock.

----

Has anyone tried this stuff yet? I've been trying to find reviews for it but the brand seems to be elusive to google. The only review I could find wasn't on the quality of the product at all. The ingredients seem okay though....

It's a Hong Kong based seller... Means it's a Hong Kong / Chinese product brand... Which tells me to BEWARE.

It COULD be good, and for as cheap as it is, I suppose you could buy a tube... But then read the full ingredients list if you can, or if it's in Chinese, scan it into your computer and try to get someone else to translate it.

There's a very high chance for there to be banned ingredients in that product since it's made where it is. And they are banned for good reason! Things like lead etc. Crazy high toxicity.

I just did a search on the brand, LAbeaer, and came up with tons of .cn results. These confirm it to be a Chinese brand in my mind. So I feel the need to reiterate... BEWARE OF CHINESE-MADE COSMETICS!

One of the ingredients also raises huge red flags and blares 500dB warning sirens in my head: blood factors. What blood? Are we completely certain of the safety of the blood used? Being from China, can we be?

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to repeal what I previously said and now say with certainty, DO NOT RISK YOUR HEALTH TO THIS PRODUCT! You could give yourself who knows what virii or bacterial infections from unknown blood.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon