Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Your Lip balm/treatments

How did you find anything on this product? Could you send me the links? I've been looking from just about any site I can find yet nothing shows up.

And on a side note, Chinese cosmetics aren't the only products everyone should be wary of. The FDA is mainly responsible for the safety of food because it's a necessity. Meaning hair products, skin care products, cosmetics, etc. are probably going to have something in it that isn't good for you. Typically companies get away with using any particular ingredient because it's a "low risk", but this isn't always the case. Also, companies sometimes omit certain ingredients from the label. Meaning if you want to find out what's in it you have to see if you can get lucky online. I usually use Goodguide.com since it has a pretty broad selection, but sometimes I can't find certain things on it so it's mainly a matter of google searches or taking a chance on what I'm buying.

I just did google searches... They actually advertise the blood factors pretty blatantly. As I said, the ebay listing you linked has a Chinese seller, and when you look at the image closely, you'll see the brand mark "LABeaer", the results from google on "LABeaer" after you have to force correct it, because it wants to give you results on something completely different, thinking you don't really mean LABeaer... this ought to be a big hint in itself... anyways... after correcting it, the results on "LABeaer" are almost all .cn which tells me they are a Chinese cosmetics company.

I agree, US cosmetics companies are pretty nasty too. But if you think the US companies are bad, Chinese companies make them look like saints and angels.

I'm getting results now but the pages aren't showing up well. The ones that do are for a collagen gold mask. I'm on IE though so I'm guessing that's the problem. I'm gonna have to use a different computer since I'm at a library. I was using the computer at my school which wasn't providing the option to force correct. I'm gonna have to look into how to do that since the option wasn't even in the advanced search and so on. Tch, technology v__v.

(06-10-2012, 09:19 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  One of the ingredients also raises huge red flags and blares 500dB warning sirens in my head: blood factors. What blood? Are we completely certain of the safety of the blood used? Being from China, can we be?
Ewww! That sounds so gross! Especially for something that is meant to be used on the lips Dodgy

In the past I used lipfusion balm with amplifat, but it did not make my lips plumper over time.
Now I'm using:
Nature&co three butters lip essence
Mentholatum Q10 with maxilip, ceramide & q10
yves rocher almond butter
and gloss: lip explosion , lipfusion, lipfusion infatuation and liptoxyl x3 .

If I have money, I think I'll buy the lipfusion balm again (it can never hurt), lip pulse and physicians formula plump potion.

Wow! You seem to be using a variety of things. Which would you say is the best one? Or is it a combination of things.

And Doll, I gave Baby Lips a try. For me, it's better if I drink a lot of water. By itself, it's good to relieve the dry/chappedness but I wouldn't say it's a permanent solution. It's definitely different than the stuff I've used in the past. It softens the lips regardless of dry skin.

^ I still haven't tried Baby Lips myself. ^^;
I was going to buy it, but the PM seems to be giving me the softest lips somehow...so...I'll see if they stay soft before buying anything.

Well, I finally ran out of Baby Lips. I used half of it to make some home made lip tint which is pretty good. I was looking around a bit more online and I found something called Smith's Rosebud Salve. It was reported to be really good, it was something that celebrities really rave about and the reviews from other sites seemed pretty decent. It's a bit expensive depending on where you get it. I got mine from ebay in a tube for $7-$8.

I put it on my lips once, waited a while, and my lips were noticeably smoother and softer. It smells nice and has few ingredients that are harmful. Well, that I know of anyway. It's been around for a long time so I figure if there was something wrong with it, they would've made a point of it by now.

I think I might get more in the future since this stuff is so good. But we'll see. Here's some links to the stuff if you're uncertain what it looks like:

http://www.rosebudperfume.com/products-list
http://www.drugstore.com/rosebud-perfume...e/qxp92191

Actually, if the ingredient list on the latter site is a complete one, the ingredients are all very good for your skin which is surprising in itself.

I think so too, though I was concerned with the ingredient Aromol which is this blend of oils that's classified as the company's trade secret. I suppose it's alright though since this stuff has been around for a while. Someone would've mentioned it if there was something more harmful in it.

(25-01-2013, 04:55 PM)SerraSun Wrote:  I think so too, though I was concerned with the ingredient Aromol which is this blend of oils that's classified as the company's trade secret. I suppose it's alright though since this stuff has been around for a while. Someone would've mentioned it if there was something more harmful in it.

Ah, yeah, there is THAT secret. But not really a problem. Very few oils are actually bad for the skin. And I can't imagine them keeping it a secret because they're using something bad for you, but rather that they're sooooo amazing that if they let the secret out everyone will be copying them.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon