Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Your Lip balm/treatments

That's probably the case. No use in worrying about it otherwise.

I did find something else though on this site. I haven't found anything to support these claims, but I think I might look into another alternative since these lip balms only work so long as they're applied. I'm gonna stick with the vitamins I've just started taking (specifically for hair, nails, and skin) and see how that works out. But maybe there's something herbal that'll work better?

SerraSun, thank you for providing that website link! I actually found the information to be quite helpful. Smile It sucks that wax and petroleum lip products seem to be disabling our lips from naturally hydrating themselves. I was aware that using certain lip balms can pose negative effects because we tend to re-apply lip balm more frequently than necessary in order to obtain that feeling of moisture in our lips. Sometimes, we just have to leave the lips alone for awhile unless they become particularly dry and chapped! ^^;

Here's my Daily Mini-Routine for Lips:
Morning - Exfoliate using a toothbrush -> Gently dry lips with washcloth -> Apply Sally Hansen's "Full & Radiant Lip Balm" or The Body Shop's "Vitamin E Lip Care Stick with SPF 15"

Daytime - Occasionally scrub using LUSH's "Mint Julips Lip Scrub" -> Re-Apply one of the lip balms mentioned above

Nighttime - Exfoliate using Homemade Honey & Sugar Lip Scrub -> Gently dry lips with washcloth -> Apply Sally Hansen's "Lip Inflation Xtreme"

There doesn't seem to be any permanent growth from the Sally Hansen lip plumper, but I do like the way it feels and it carries out into the morning when I use it at night. My favorite product would be the Sally Hansen "Full Radiant Lip Balm" because it really is moisturizing and I don't have to re-apply it 20x a day, lol. Plus, the ingredients looked good, so... ^^;

No problem. I'm a bit uncertain if it's completely true, but there may be something to it. I've read that applying vaseline to your face would be the equivalent of covering it in saran wrap. I think I'll look into it further in terms of skin care since I haven't found any lip-related studies. But right now I'm doing as you say, leaving my lips alone until they absolutely need it. Drinking more water might also help.

Awesome stuff Ever Hopeful. How smooth would you say your lips are after you do your routine?

Yeah, there's also camphor that's really drying. It's what's in carmex, which is what I was using for a while. Camphor is supposed to be good against cold sores, so I'm guessing that's why its an ingredient....

I was actually looking at the Sally Hansen stuff yesterday. I think I'll add some of what you're doing to my list of stuff to try out (esp. the lip definer). I like lip plumper myself but I usually only use it for special occasions. I was reading in Beauty Brains a while back that it can be damaging to the skin. So be wary when using it (if you weren't before lol).

SerraSun - I would say that after exfoliating my lips in the morning and at nighttime, my lips are very smooth and quite full. The main battle is maintaining it during the daytime! lol

I just started using the Sally Hansen Lip Balm about 2 weeks ago, and it's doing a wonderful job at keeping my lips moisturized all day long - like literally, from 8am to 8pm with maybe 2-3 applications throughout the day. Plus, it's wintertime, so imagine that! I would highly recommend it if you want your lips to feel nice, look a little fuller, and you don't care too much for wearing lipstick or lip gloss. Big Grin Most of the new Sally Hansen products looked pretty good when I checked them out a few weeks ago, so give one of them a shot!

I'll be careful about using the lip plumper too often though. The first few times that I used the Lip Inflation Xtreme, the spiciness from the cinnamon and whatever else stung my lips more than I expected, but my lips have gotten used to the sensation already, so I don't feel anything anymore. Which could be a good or bad thing, who knows, lol. My lips still get just as full with or without the stinging sensation. Smile

I'm back to using the lip masks I found on ebay. I found a seller who'll give me 5 for $1 whereas I was buying them for 1 for $1 originally. So quite a deal there.

I bought some flavored lip gloss a while back for about 3 dollars for 2 tubs. It really does the trick when it comes to keeping my lips from getting chapped. It's a really thick sticky formula though so I'm limiting my use of it to only when I really need it.

The brand is Bonbons. I was going to get the Sally Hansen gloss but the reviews for all the flavors were pretty poor, which is a shame....

I also bought a face shaper, or a lip exerciser. Whatever this thing:

[Image: Mouth-Slim-Exercise-Piece-Beauty-Oval-Sh...ipping.jpg]

I've been using it several times a day and have noticed that the corners of my mouth are more defined. I probably should've taken pics beforehand but maybe I can find one lying around to compare to see if any difference has been made.

Here's the original listing I bought it from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130621849336

If that disappears, just look up lip exercise, mouth exercise, etc. And as far as I know, that's the cheapest listing I could find....not that it's overly expensive.

I take it back. You can find it cheaper if you look up "face mouth piece". Go figure. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Face-Shaping-Cheek-Slimming-Slim-Mouth-Piece-Oval-Noble-/280900293274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4166f6529a

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon