Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New to forum, have some questions and comments.

(21-06-2013, 08:03 PM)Lisia Wrote:  That was one sentence? I am sorry but I could not make much sense of it. Seems a bit like someone is advertising, given how many times the word natureday is used. If this was somehow a valid post, I apologize.

I suspect it's a spam message. First the poster is responding to a post that's 9 months old. Second, a 151 word sentence is a bit excessive I think.

I thought I was OCD Flame, you had to check how many words it was? Rolleyes

(22-06-2013, 02:31 AM)Davidhasbreasts Wrote:  I thought I was OCD Flame, you had to check how many words it was? Rolleyes

Big Grin It must be the brain rewiring. Big Grin

Seriously though, I doubt I have OCD. It's a habit I've developed from my online classes. Some instructors are picky about having a "substantial" response to discussion questions and posts, hence why I check my word count. Last term I had to write a 2,500 word paper. Because the title and reference section isn't included in the word count, I did a lot of word counts to see how much farther I had to go. I guess I was intrigued to see how many words were in such a long run-on sentence.

yeah I have just started taking college course through devry trying to get associates in networking administrations. I am on last week of first session. So I know what you mean there. My final project is a leadership power-point presentation. By the way I was j/k about the ocd.

Claws? Because I can't comprehend something, then apologized?

Thought I'd add my 2 cents as I haven't said much recently.

First, I didn't see anything that anyone could consider excessively rude, but I guess that that's in the eye of the reader.

Second, my initial reaction to the rambling sentence is that perhaps English is not the writer's native language. Or that he's trying to imitate Victor Hugo and write an entire chapter in one long, long, long sentence. Or that this is what passes for "education" in U.S. schools these days. (Please don't get me started on to-too-two or there-they're-their, etc.)

Third, I almost never check the posting date of the message to which I am commenting, but I now recognize that it's a good habit to develop. Thanks for the tip.

Anyway, I'm donning my fireproof suit of armor just in case.

P.S. I sure hope you didn't manually count the words, but let something like Microsoft Word count them for you. As an aside, when I took typing class in middle school ages and ages ago, the "word per minute" typing rate was based on 5 keystrokes (space and punctuation counting as a keystroke), but these days the word count seems to be regular words that people use, i.e., the string of characters bracketed by spaces and/or punctuation.

P.P.S. I sure wish this still did spell checking, or has it simply moved someplace that eludes me?

Now that I've rambled for a while, I'm not sure I actually want to post this, but it would be a shame to waste all that typing effort, so here goes.

Erica,

I'm too lazy to snip the pieces of your post I want to quote, but I agree with point number two (minus the Victor Hugo reference since I've never read any Hugo) and your postscript (that's how we counted words when I took typing in jr. high). I'm so disgusted by even college-educated folks who don't know the difference among two, to and too that I've proposed we replace all three words with a single word "twoo" which is defined as meaning what all three words mean and can mean whatever is needed depending on context. The Internet saddens me and makes me mourn the death of literacy.

(22-06-2013, 06:36 PM)EricaB Wrote:  P.S. I sure hope you didn't manually count the words, but let something like Microsoft Word count them for you. As an aside, when I took typing class in middle school ages and ages ago, the "word per minute" typing rate was based on 5 keystrokes (space and punctuation counting as a keystroke), but these days the word count seems to be regular words that people use, i.e., the string of characters bracketed by spaces and/or punctuation.

Yes, I used Microsoft Word to do the word count.

(22-06-2013, 06:36 PM)EricaB Wrote:  P.P.S. I sure wish this still did spell checking, or has it simply moved someplace that eludes me?

At the bottom right hand corner of the reply box I see a green checkmark that performs a spell check.

Another option would be through your Internet browser. I'm using Google Chrome and that automatically has a spell checker built into it. I'm sure it's either the same for other Internet browsers or maybe you need to download an add-on to perform a spell check.

All this talk of grammar and spelling has gotten this post off-topic. In an effort to affect this situation, hoping they'll have a positive effect on the thread, my girls have something to say. They're hoping to be two nicely spaced boobs, but sitting there the way they are, their future isn't bright. It's just something simple but the right said speak up and the left had to have its way. Except for the size, I'll just have to accept things are they are.

(23-06-2013, 02:23 PM)sfem Wrote:  All this talk of grammar and spelling has gotten this post off-topic. In an effort to affect this situation, hoping they'll have a positive effect on the thread, my girls have something to say. They're hoping to be two nicely spaced boobs, but sitting there the way they are, their future isn't bright. It's just something simple but the right said speak up and the left had to have its way. Except for the size, I'll just have to accept things are they are.

Sfem, I like how you can refocus the discussion of a thread using humor and creativity. Smile

It reminds me of what you wrote in a different thread:

(28-02-2013, 06:05 PM)sfem Wrote:  The boobie fairy says you are all asking too many questions. You need to go take your aging prevention, cancer-risk reducing, hair improving, nail-strengthening, skin-smoothing pills and enjoy the butterflies. That's better. Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon