Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lenneth's NBE Journal

(13-08-2013, 04:39 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  on a side note, I had my doctor run a few tests and they found that my body seems to be able to convert the smallest amounts of T into huge amounts of DHT for reasons unknown.
(chalking it up to just one more oddity with myself)

Did you happen to ask how you could lower your DHT? I want to lower mine for the sake of the hair on my head and for any benefit it might have on reducing my male and increasing my female appearance.

(14-08-2013, 01:59 AM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  
(13-08-2013, 04:39 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  on a side note, I had my doctor run a few tests and they found that my body seems to be able to convert the smallest amounts of T into huge amounts of DHT for reasons unknown.

Did you happen to ask how you could lower your DHT? I want to lower mine for the sake of the hair on my head and for any benefit it might have on reducing my male and increasing my female appearance.

Even if Lenneth HAD asked, what do you think a medical professional is going to suggest? Drugs. Prescription drugs. Probably one of two between either finasteride or dutasteride, since they are the most clinically proven, strongest, pharmaceutical drugs for use as 5-ari's.

(14-08-2013, 02:26 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(14-08-2013, 01:59 AM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  

Even if Lenneth HAD asked, what do you think a medical professional is going to suggest? Drugs. Prescription drugs. Probably one of two between either finasteride or dutasteride, since they are the most clinically proven, strongest, pharmaceutical drugs for use as 5-ari's.

actually I did ask, and that is more or less what I was told.
(they also named spiro)

not interested in any of those in the slightest, i'll stick to SP and spearmint tea, far cheaper and no side effects.

(14-08-2013, 02:56 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  actually I did ask, and that is more or less what I was told.
(they also named spiro)

not interested in any of those in the slightest, i'll stick to SP and spearmint tea, far cheaper and no side effects.

Ouch! They ACTUALLY SUGGESTED SPIRO!? For high DHT conversion rate?! Wow. I have now heard it all. Spiro's bad enough as it is, to suggest the use of that kind of sledge hammer when the problem is THAT localized is just pure insanity.

It's like suggesting one use a jackhammer to drill a 2" hole in a piece of plywood.

(14-08-2013, 03:06 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(14-08-2013, 02:56 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  actually I did ask, and that is more or less what I was told.
(they also named spiro)

Ouch! They ACTUALLY SUGGESTED SPIRO!? For high DHT conversion rate?! Wow. I have now heard it all. Spiro's bad enough as it is, to suggest the use of that kind of sledge hammer when the problem is THAT localized is just pure insanity.

It's like suggesting one use a jackhammer to drill a 2" hole in a piece of plywood.

they named it as a last resort if the others failed, they did not however mention what spiro ultimately does do to you which I thought was odd.

(14-08-2013, 03:32 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  they named it as a last resort if the others failed, they did not however mention what spiro ultimately does do to you which I thought was odd.

The several things it ultimately does to you you mean? Or just the super obvious - chemical castration in doses sufficient to have any noticeable effect on your dht conversion rate.

I'm not sure I'd trust your doctor at this point, Lenneth.

It ultimately makes you dependent upon it as well, due to its potassium-sparing diuretic attributes. Makes you take in more sodium to compensate, but as soon as you stop the spiro... BAM!

You literally have to be eased off of spiro, otherwise you WILL go into shock from the sudden sodium OD.

Best to never be put on it in the first place IMO...

(14-08-2013, 03:48 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(14-08-2013, 03:32 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  they named it as a last resort if the others failed, they did not however mention what spiro ultimately does do to you which I thought was odd.

The several things it ultimately does to you you mean? Or just the super obvious - chemical castration in doses sufficient to have any noticeable effect on your dht conversion rate.

I'm not sure I'd trust your doctor at this point, Lenneth.

It ultimately makes you dependent upon it as well, due to its potassium-sparing diuretic attributes. Makes you take in more sodium to compensate, but as soon as you stop the spiro... BAM!

You literally have to be eased off of spiro, otherwise you WILL go into shock from the sudden sodium OD.

Best to never be put on it in the first place IMO...

I don't Trust any Doctors to put it bluntly, 99% of them are more or less dealers/pushers for big pharma anymore.
the only thing I use them for is test results.

When my late doctor put me on spiro, she also put me on a potassium supplement Huh. This seemed a bit odd, and the pharmacist was also on the ball and warned me. When I stopped the spiro, I didn't notice any untoward effects that I could attribute to sodium or potassium levels, but I was aware to be on the lookout for problems when starting or stopping medications affecting K levels. Her predecessor also produced an entirely inappropriate prescription immediately before I left him. The pharmacist's comment was that with the other things I was taking, I shouldn't venture too far from a hospital if I was to take that medication. Sad

(14-08-2013, 11:06 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  When my late doctor put me on spiro, she also put me on a potassium supplement Huh. This seemed a bit odd, and the pharmacist was also on the ball and warned me. When I stopped the spiro, I didn't notice any untoward effects that I could attribute to sodium or potassium levels, but I was aware to be on the lookout for problems when starting or stopping medications affecting K levels. Her predecessor also produced an entirely inappropriate prescription immediately before I left him. The pharmacist's comment was that with the other things I was taking, I shouldn't venture too far from a hospital if I was to take that medication. Sad

stuff like that really makes you trust them all the more doesn't it?

Update:

My measurements are "starting" to get better finally, and i've been getting a lot of "Tingling" and "Squirting" Sensations today(what I take as either fat Relocation or some type of growth).

I think I may have the DHT under Control finally, have noticed some positive changes in growth of unwanted body hair, it is getting finer and regrowing much slower.
(would prefer that it was gone but this is a start)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon