Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Showing off your accomplishments

(20-10-2012, 04:51 AM)aleah Wrote:  Luckily (I know this sounds weird) I have a skin condition, rosecea and dermatitis. Also I'm prone to outbreaks, so lets say I have problem skin. I managed to convince my dad that I needed to do "laser treatment" for my skin condition but that it would also as a side effect remove my hair follicles for a long time.

The best thing I can recommend is to just do electrolysis long before your transition, like I am now, then give people time to get used to you without your 5 o'clock shadow.

I would like to add my thoughts on having my facial hair lasered off. I've never had a beard or a mustache, nor have I ever wanted one. I've noticed a big difference with how much smoother and softer my face has become since starting the laser treatments. If anyone else has noticed these changes, they haven't said anything to me about it. If my family does find out about my laser treatments, I think they would either be baffled or in denial about why I would spend money for a painful procedure to destroy the hair follicles on my face.

(20-10-2012, 06:19 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I would like to add my thoughts on having my facial hair lasered off. I've never had a beard or a mustache, nor have I ever wanted one. I've noticed a big difference with how much smoother and softer my face has become since starting the laser treatments. If anyone else has noticed these changes, they haven't said anything to me about it. If my family does find out about my laser treatments, I think they would either be baffled or in denial about why I would spend money for a painful procedure to destroy the hair follicles on my face.
Everybody I know knows about mine. Most don't think much of it. I had very dense facial hair and shaving was very annoying, and I always had a very dark shadow. A lot of my friends say it's smart to get it lasered off since I hate it so much.

I haven't noticed the skin being softer though. Maybe it's your herbs.

lenneth Wrote:I am aware and thank you for your concern beverly, that is why I take precautions such as cold turkey breaks etc.

OK. I hope that works for you but I suspect it will just slow the process down a bit.

(20-10-2012, 04:51 AM)aleah Wrote:  Thanks for your concern and warning beverly, it is appreciated.

You're welcome.

(20-10-2012, 04:51 AM)aleah Wrote:  Living a secret life is not easy, as therapists have pointed out to me, it can really wear a toll on people and lead to depression! Please consult your doctor/therapists before you make any life changing choices and carefully weigh how much WORK it will be to keep up such a charade.

Your therapist is quite correct (and it is good to see you are getting professional advice). The danger from depression will come when you are forced to be male in some circumstances, particularly for a prolonged period, after you have become accustomed to being female. Other 'dangers' can be as simple as picking your house phone and answering it, without realising, in your female voice and having your mum or dad on the other end. Do not think that will not happen. It will be something like that that finally 'outs' you.

(20-10-2012, 04:51 AM)aleah Wrote:  This is ONLY for people with no choice, if you have a reasonable chance of coming out to your family then you have to do it, even if it's tough emotionally. This is a last resort, not an easy way out!

Good luck Aleah and I hope you can pull it off, but do make a 'Plan B' so that when they do find out you know what needs to be done. I would advise you to join an internet TS forum and ask for stories and advice from MtF people with religious parents who accepted them and ask how they handled coming out to their parents. You may get some good advice about it. I also think that you point about doing this gradually is very sensible. In my own case, whilst I was very nervous about coming out, afterwards I felt so utterly liberated that I was practically 'high'

I wish you all the best.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon