Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Any experience with doctors' reaction?

First, really sorry to hear about your medical incident.

I am not a physician (nor is anyone else that I know of on this forum) so this is just my personal opinion. However I am trained in differential diagnosis and with the patient population I routinely see have to be on guard for signs and symptoms of thrombosis and/or DVT's. I think this is a case where you REALLY need to get this advice from a PHYSICIAN, and not a bunch of amateur's (however well-meaning) like us. Given the seriousness of your recent incident, I strongly advocate you tell your doc what you were taking and why, and talk candidly about the potential risks.

The problems with DVT's that occur with estrogenic hormones are almost exclusively with contraceptives that contain some combination of synthetically produced estrogen (such as Premarin) and progestins (medroxyprogesterone, brand name Depo Provera). Other forms of hormonal estrogen (estradiol especially in its various transdermal and injectable formulations) do not seem to have nearly the same risk, but no long term studies have been conducted the way they were with the Premarin/Depo Provera combo (google Women's Health Initiative for more info.) From my research, PM seems to have a similar track record as estradiol, but even if that were absolutely true, it DOES NOT mean either is completely risk free for all individuals.

You've had a warning shot across the bow, so to speak. If it were me, I would stop all NBE herbs for the time being and do some extensive research on the matter. I would do this because no physician I know of has any idea of what PM does, let alone potential deleterious side effects. On the other hand, a physician has a MUCH better understanding of the possible causes of thrombosis than I do. That is another area you can research to make sure you are getting the most appropriate medical treatment (for instance, long term coumadin therapy has serious risks/side effects and there are alternatives; some docs are aware of these alternatives and some just prescribe coumadin because that's what they've always done and don't bother to look into or discuss alternatives.)

I'm glad you made it through relatively unscathed. I hope you take this as an incentive to become a truly informed consumer of your own medical care, and not just a passive receiver. Please keep us posted on your progress and any info you may dig up. Good luck!

How are you doing blackhawk? I hope your health is improving. Smile

Since I last posted in this thread, there's been two times where I either removed or lifted my shirt for a healthcare professional. Both of them were very professional and neither said a word about my breasts.

Still struggling with blood thinness and coughing up lots of blood unfortunately. For the time being I've decided to cease all medications and supplements regardless of what I was using them for until they can hopefully find a cause. That's great to know about your experience at the doctor's office. Hopefully mine will be the same way, if I can ever start back on NBE that is. Hopefully this won't last too much longer.

What you said here reminds me of an article I read that described the different group of males who pursue NBE.

[quote]The third - and most surprising - category consists of those who consider themselves to be 100% male. These men have no desire to crossdress or imitate women - they simply admire shapely breasts and wish to have a pair of their own.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/603787

i as well am in the third category, i have absolutely no desire to be female whatsoever, although i do enjoy panties over boxers and enjoy wearing a bra, it is a comfort factor not a desire to crossdress or be a woman. I workout and am training in body building, although i will not be able to compete for the fact my breasts are definitely rounding and protruding more i still embrace my male attributes and character. I never would want to become a woman or anything of that matter, I simply wanted to test out NBE and stop but after noticing the sensitivity and increasingly sexual arousal in it in the bedroom, i for one have just been what some may call addicted, i stop and come back everytime its like i cannot leave it alone lol.
Although i came out to my gf as possibly being transgender i think it was the rewiring of my use of PM before going to lower herbs and products. Have convinced her months ago it was just role play gone too far (she has no idea of my doings) but i assume after my chest continues on the NBE journey of rounding and through the tanner stages of development she will wonder more.
Glad to see others are in the 3 category assumed i was the only one here doing it just for the ability to have breasts of my own Smile congrats to all those on a journey of NBE no matter the category its a beautiful thing we can all share in.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon