Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

1 month Pueraria Mirifica - From CD to thoughts of transitioning

(18-03-2013, 10:32 AM)sunflower Wrote:  Interesting story. I hope you feel better now.Thanks and good luck!Buster Posey coffee

I've reported this message as spam. Angry

(18-03-2013, 01:06 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  I have seen this before, not with PM but with niacin (which is just vitamin B3). Some people use niacin to help lower cholesterol. It does work, but too much (2000 to 3000 mg/day) over time and the liver develops the toxicity, which in turn leads to the elevated enzymes and symptoms like memory loss, disorientation, dizziness, and slurred speech. Once the toxicity develops even much lower doses brings the symptoms on. The toxicity appears to be permanent, unfortunately.

I'm only mentioning this because the damage can be fatal if the warnings aren't heeded. The good news is the liver is very resilient and so long as one refrains from ingesting the substance the chances are good you will not suffer any other permanent issues. If you keep taking it, though, and if it is your liver, you will probably find yourself on a transplant list.

There is a fairly simple way to be sure. Take some PM in the evening (not enough to cause severe symptoms) and then have your blood tested in the morning. Specifically ask for liver enzymes. This is a VERY common test these day as some people have this problem with the popular statin drugs (like Lipitor).

Hi,

It's off-topic, but your comments about niacin and statins make me itch to respond... I get the impression you have been on cholesterol-lowering regimes.

I had symptoms very similar to Dargona's when taking a brand of statins. After the bad effects, I did some research. Statins deplete co-enzyme Q10 which is key to providing your body with energy at the cellular level. I also discovered alternative theories that state that in fact heart disease is caused by arterial inflammation causing the arterial wall to take up cholesterol deposits as plaque. Further, this is caused by constantly bombarding your blood with glucose, mainly caused by the medical orthodoxy calling for a grain-based diet. Wheat has a higher glycemic index than Snickers bars. The misinterpretation of the study on saturated fats, cholesterol and heart disease is the main cause of the pandemic of obesity and diabetese hitting the western world.

I gave up the statins and wheat, lost 20lbs and got my cholesterol levels down to near-recommended values by disregarding the orthodoxy. I still have a mostly unused jar of niacin too.
(I did start taking CQ10 supplements thereafter and have felt all the better for it.)

Don't take my word for it, but don't rely on mainstream media either.
Google arterial inflammation and glucose (>7M hits)

Sorry to hijack the thread!

(we now return to our scheduled program)

B.

(19-03-2013, 12:52 AM)bryony Wrote:  Sorry to hijack the thread!

B.

bryony,

While we're still hi-jacked, just let me say that I honestly hope I can find my way across the pond sometime in the next few years and meet you in some quaint English pub for a tall ale. From your posts I'd say we'd probably get along very well (and share many of the same viewpoints). OK, I'm not an atheist but many of the other discussions lead me to believe we have a lot in common. And while our countries have their differences, when things matter most the Brits and the Yanks are definitely cut from the same cloth.

Have a great evening (or I guess it's morning there already)!

Misty

(20-03-2013, 03:14 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  
(19-03-2013, 12:52 AM)bryony Wrote:  Sorry to hijack the thread!

B.

bryony,

While we're still hi-jacked, just let me say that I honestly hope I can find my way across the pond sometime in the next few years and meet you in some quaint English pub for a tall ale. From your posts I'd say we'd probably get along very well (and share many of the same viewpoints). OK, I'm not an atheist but many of the other discussions lead me to believe we have a lot in common. And while our countries have their differences, when things matter most the Brits and the Yanks are definitely cut from the same cloth.

Have a great evening (or I guess it's morning there already)!

Misty

Smile That would be fun! I spent 4 years in the US so the tales wouldn't be that tall Big Grin

B.

Quote:I have ordered progesterone cream, I have read that you can apply it to wrists and thighs for good absorption. I will try this without PM and see if I feel any different, then I maybe try one 250 mg dose of PM together with using the cream and see how that works out for me. If you have more suggestions or comments I would very much like to hear them!

May I ask what kind progesterone cream you purchase and how I need to know when to apply progesterone cream when needed

(20-03-2013, 10:29 PM)andielee Wrote:  
Quote:I have ordered progesterone cream, I have read that you can apply it to wrists and thighs for good absorption. I will try this without PM and see if I feel any different, then I maybe try one 250 mg dose of PM together with using the cream and see how that works out for me. If you have more suggestions or comments I would very much like to hear them!

May I ask what kind progesterone cream you purchase and how I need to know when to apply progesterone cream when needed

I am using it to get rid of estrogen dominance symptoms, I don't know if you have those, there is one thread I linked to on previous page where you can sort of diagnose yourself. I think it can work to reduce other symptoms as well maybe. Maybe you knew. I use dr John Lee MD cream, I use 1/4 of a teaspoon in the morning when I take my PM and sometimes if I feel a headache or other unpleasantness during the night I take another much smaller dose about 1/16 of a teaspoon.

I am now on a low dose of PM together with progesterone cream since Wednesday. It is working a lot better then before but I would like to reduce my stomach problems too that I get from PM. I take it with milk when I eat my breakfast, so it's with food also. But I feel a little crampy and bloated and upset down there very soon after I have taken it, then it disappears after an hour or two. Is there anything I can do? Maybe with my diet?

(24-03-2013, 06:43 PM)Mandy88 Wrote:  Is there anything I can do? Maybe with my diet?

Are you taking the capsule form of pm? If so, you may tolerate the powder or extract form better. I think some members have made this switch and reported having fewer side-effects.

I have the capsules but I open them and use it as powder now, it is a little tricky but yes it seems to be working for me too, maybe my stomach have gotten used to the substance also by now Smile
Btw I have been able to go up to doses of 750-1000mg of PM a day now that I use progesterone cream, so this is certainly an improvement and, I guess, confirms that I was lacking progesterone before.
/M

(09-04-2013, 02:57 AM)Mandy88 Wrote:  I have the capsules but I open them and use it as powder now, it is a little tricky but yes it seems to be working for me too, maybe my stomach have gotten used to the substance also by now Smile
Btw I have been able to go up to doses of 750-1000mg of PM a day now that I use progesterone cream, so this is certainly an improvement and, I guess, confirms that I was lacking progesterone before.
/M

Good to hear things are improving for you. Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon