Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

1 month Pueraria Mirifica - From CD to thoughts of transitioning

Hey Mandy
Its been a while how are you doing?
Hope all is well.
Huggs Elisa

I started thinking in more serious terms about becoming a girl...

(07-12-2012, 01:17 PM)Elisaustin Wrote:  Hey Mandy
Its been a while how are you doing?
Hope all is well.
Huggs Elisa

Hi Elisa, I'm doing quite well! I have had some stuff to deal with during the week. Spent some time experimenting to know how I feel about this trans business. I have not had more panic attacks other then one that I nipped in its bud. You know like "Don't mess with *my female name*!" Worked! I'm finding my personal style of clothing and trying to have fun. Still crying and still feeling happy. Had major anxiety over my gained breasts receding, so now I am on a strict PM regimen: 7 days on, 7 days off. Low dosage.

Maybe this thread does not belong on this forum after all. But I will say that I think PM made me realize things that otherwise would have taken me even longer. I guess you could call this either a blessing or a curse, I think it's a little of both, but mostly it's a blessing Tongue
Hugs /Mandy

I'm glad your doing better Mandy, just take your time with experiencing that's all you can do. Just see how everything feels.

I think it's fine for this forum since it's PM-related, unless you have further PM-related inquiries, susans.org or another trans forum might be next place to get better advice or help.

Theres a few others that require some kind of confirmation of being trans (to keep the trolls out) but I've found no trolls at susans anyway, the mods are very very active. But it's probably not as active as some of the other forums.

(10-12-2012, 10:31 AM)aleah Wrote:  I'm glad your doing better Mandy, just take your time with experiencing that's all you can do. Just see how everything feels.

I think it's fine for this forum since it's PM-related, unless you have further PM-related inquiries, susans.org or another trans forum might be next place to get better advice or help.

Theres a few others that require some kind of confirmation of being trans (to keep the trolls out) but I've found no trolls at susans anyway, the mods are very very active. But it's probably not as active as some of the other forums.

There's also a very strong support network at Big Closet Top Shelf, perhaps the most premier TG Fiction site. (It's been overtaking Fictionmania lately).

There's a smallish forum there, but even better, every member gets their own personal blog on site, and that's the feature through which we all like to support each other. Smile

I'm sure Susans is a great place... there's a link to there from BCTS... but I've had everything I could want at BCTS. *shrug*

Susans.org is bigoted against herbals, especially regarding people like me who use them to avoid transition. They have a special area for people who, for one reason or another, choose not to have surgery. I wrote an article about how I used PM to keep my mind clear of GID-related anxiety and depression and could cope with presenting as a male, and was accused of writing spam! I had not mentioned any trademarks or vendors, but the person who runs the board is really touchy. I was blocked and only allowed back on the condition that I did not "promote herbals".... Well, whats the f---ing point if that's all I wanted to talk about?!

It's sad really, because I'm sure that there are many people like me who have a) left it too late; b) are far, far, too ugly; c) have a wonderful family that they do not want to jeopardise. If using a herbal like PM enables them to cope with remaining and presenting as a male, that is a huge boon.

I guess the website owner feels subconsciously, having been through the SRS trauma, giving people another option via a safe, reasonably priced, easy to obtain herbal is not something to be countenanced.

Glad to have been able to have got that off my chest... It's been bugging me for months!

B.

Well, as I said, I've never been there... And that wasn't very nice!

I can say that you won't come across anything like that at BC. If you do, the owner of BC won't let it go on long and it won't be you facing her wrath.

Anyways... I'm not so sure that herbals are an alternative to transitioning... for those who transitioning is necessary, as the OP of this very thread indicates, herbals could very well help to reveal the need rather than helping to cope without.

I'm glad you've found your own way, though I can't say I'll ever fully understand you, since my own experience is quite different.

(11-12-2012, 12:53 AM)bryony Wrote:  Susans.org is bigoted against herbals, especially regarding people like me who use them to avoid transition. They have a special area for people who, for one reason or another, choose not to have surgery. I wrote an article about how I used PM to keep my mind clear of GID-related anxiety and depression and could cope with presenting as a male, and was accused of writing spam! I had not mentioned any trademarks or vendors, but the person who runs the board is really touchy. I was blocked and only allowed back on the condition that I did not "promote herbals".... Well, whats the f---ing point if that's all I wanted to talk about?!

It's sad really, because I'm sure that there are many people like me who have a) left it too late; b) are far, far, too ugly; c) have a wonderful family that they do not want to jeopardise. If using a herbal like PM enables them to cope with remaining and presenting as a male, that is a huge boon.

I guess the website owner feels subconsciously, having been through the SRS trauma, giving people another option via a safe, reasonably priced, easy to obtain herbal is not something to be countenanced.

Glad to have been able to have got that off my chest... It's been bugging me for months!

B.

There are rules against discussing how to get anything for self-medicating, that could of been the reason. Many there think herbs aren't going to do anything but most don't know about PM.

Anyway, no reason to go there to discuss herbal regiments, that's what we are here for Big Grin

Theres heaps of "my way is the right way" people everywhere, and most of the subsections rarely get used (like non-op and pre-op, only post-op for obviously post-op related medical questions), the more general ones include many different kinds of trans people and I've yet to see anything uncivilized. But then maybe the moderation has gotten better.

There is a section where "in-betweeners" talk too, theres quite a few androgynes on there. And a few non-op MTFs too! I'm MTF all the way so I can't really compare, sorry.

Yeppers I did the same thing at Susans .org and got the same reaction.
Its like OMG did she say PM in public? Off with her head!!!!!!
Poor little Transgender girl I bet she buys her bras at Walmart.
And yes I have and thanks to PM I have something to put them on.
Anyway good to hear you are coping Mandy.
As far as losing your breast gain you can always gain that back later
once your system adapts more and you can increase the dosage.
Take it slow. I still get mood type swings at times but as you go a long
you naturally seem to cope with them better.
At the end of Dec it will be my 7th month on 1000mg a day.
Its weird just when I think I have hit the wall and have quit growing
its like boom I wake up in the morning and the twins are perked swelled
and sore. They seem to take a break maybe even go down a little then grow in spurts now.
One thing about a PM regiment my nails are better than they have been my whole life which I find incredible.
My hair has got fuller and a little darker with more shine.
My skin seems softer but that could be a little mental not sure.
A little off subject but has anyone tried a Betty Bra?
I ordered one but I should have asked if anyone has tried one first.

Huggs
E

(11-12-2012, 08:41 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Well, as I said, I've never been there... And that wasn't very nice!

I can say that you won't come across anything like that at BC. If you do, the owner of BC won't let it go on long and it won't be you facing her wrath.

Anyways... I'm not so sure that herbals are an alternative to transitioning... for those who transitioning is necessary, as the OP of this very thread indicates, herbals could very well help to reveal the need rather than helping to cope without.

I'm glad you've found your own way, though I can't say I'll ever fully understand you, since my own experience is quite different.

Hi, just to clarify, I'm not trying to push my point of view as the "right way" for everyone, simply to make people aware that there is an alternative if their situation, like mine, is between a rock and a hard place. For me, and perhaps others like me, the choices are:
(a) do nothing - GID symptoms make life intolerable
(b) go for transition - cure the GID symptoms, but being unable to look at myself in a mirror and alienating my family would make life intolerable
( c) use PM to reduce the GID symptoms to the point where life is tolerable. I'm able to accept that I could never be a passable female, just an object of ridicule, but no worse than a "normal" woman realising that she will never have the looks/shape she wants or a "normal" male likewise. I can continue to present as a male and get on with life.

The point I wanted to make on the "no surgery" forum of susans was that a lot of people there were struggling with their GID and I simply wanted to let them know that PM can ease those symptoms.... but it was not to be.

B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon