Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why is it...

While I agree that tibetan's proposed mechanism is completely wrong, I also agree with tibetan that there IS something more to SP than JUST the 5-alpha-reductase inhibition.

What it is exactly none of us are qualified to even begin hypothesizing, let alone incontrovertibly declare it so.

But there is something strange in SP... Which causes it to be mildly estrogenic. Since neither preventing E from becoming androgen (a synthesis that simply does not occur naturally in the body in the first place) nor increased aromatization as consequence from the blocking of DHT are likely... There's got to be something ELSE going on.

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone's going to fund any further research into SP at this time.

I'm starting to get the feeling that PM just isn't agreeing with my body. I mean things are happening... over the past few weeks my areolae have increased in size but i don't feel like it worth getting sick over. The same thing happened to me today. It's almost like the herbs are dehydrating me?? Has anyone else felt like that??

(09-01-2013, 05:02 AM)ct23 Wrote:  I'm starting to get the feeling that PM just isn't agreeing with my body. I mean things are happening... over the past few weeks my areolae have increased in size but i don't feel like it worth getting sick over. The same thing happened to me today. It's almost like the herbs are dehydrating me?? Has anyone else felt like that??

It actually sounds to me that you MIGHT actually be producing an abundance of estrogens on your own and the PM is pushing you into E dominance. Soo... IMO, what you should try is to take out the PM and, I don't know what you're using right now, but try a constant dose of saw palmetto while cycling white peony and a progesterone cream.

I could be wrong though... What you really should do is go off everything for a couple months and get your base levels tested.

Well that could explain me always having such a bubble butt and bigger hips and thighs than some guys but not overly big. The weird thing is though is that I've always been able to build muscle really quick. So i should get tested for sure.

Also, another weird thing is that while taking the PM and SP i was getting fat redistribution really quickly in my thighs, butt, and hips and even developed some love handles that almost seemingly made my waist look higher and curved with my hips after only like 2 weeks time... Although my nipples weren't getting bigger but after the 2 days of using the Progesterone creams both nipples (not areolae) have increased in size and I only used it once a night! You may be right about me having my own source of E production out of ordinary male range.

(09-01-2013, 02:07 PM)ct23 Wrote:  Also, another weird thing is that while taking the PM and SP i was getting fat redistribution really quickly in my thighs, butt, and hips and even developed some love handles that almost seemingly made my waist look higher and curved with my hips after only like 2 weeks time... Although my nipples weren't getting bigger but after the 2 days of using the Progesterone creams both nipples (not areolae) have increased in size and I only used it once a night! You may be right about me having my own source of E production out of ordinary male range.

By any chance do you drink grapefruit juice or eat much grapefruit? Grapefruit is known to interact with many drugs. One particular characteristic of grapefruit is it blocks the body from "breaking down" estrogen. I make it a point to drink at least one glass a day, which should help my body maintain the natural estrogen that I produce.

However, if you are already higher than normal and adding PM, I could see how this might also push you into E dominance.

No I don't do anything with grapefruit. I do try to take at least 500mg of vitamin C every morning but other than that, No, nothing. Now at one time I took the full course at the Evanesce website (which included Feminol, Evansce ES, Andro Ease, and Calm Companion) but i was only on it for a week to a week and half and it was working so quickly that at the time my dad actually took time to search for stuff in my room because the effects were so noticable in such a small period of time on me! I don't think my body has exactly been back to normal ever since I took it. A lot of my angular features became very soft within that small period of time.

(07-01-2013, 08:41 PM)dargona Wrote:  I had an aura migraine yesterday after taking 2sp with 2-3 pm 2x daily. This happened to me last year as well. I dont think it was happening when i took the pm without any sp, but there are so many other factors involved as well like what i ate i could have been having a high sugar attack i don't really know.

so you are back on PM then?Cool

So i've quit taking anything at the moment. I think i'm gonna let my hormones level back out and get the bases tested to try and see what the crap is going on lol. I almost want to try BO, because I feel like i could be slightly allergic to either SP or PM (if i'm not producing more estrogen than a normal male).

(11-01-2013, 05:13 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(07-01-2013, 08:41 PM)dargona Wrote:  I had an aura migraine yesterday after taking 2sp with 2-3 pm 2x daily. This happened to me last year as well. I dont think it was happening when i took the pm without any sp, but there are so many other factors involved as well like what i ate i could have been having a high sugar attack i don't really know.

so you are back on PM then?Cool

I was but after my latest symptoms i fear i may have to end PM altogether. I have spurring hypoglycemia and from the reading ive been doing lately all of my symptoms point to low blood sugar and i read that pueraria mirifica related to kudzu can lower blood sugar levels. I took 500mg the other day and had low blood sugar attack about 6 hours later and i ate properly. I am going to switch to red clover and hopefully avoid complications.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon