Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

acceptable behavior

OK, in response to a question from Misty 0732, I'm opening a discussion, the subject of which will be How, and why, our SOs either accept or don't accept our "behavior". This should be reasonably non-technical, and not require any medical analysis, (hopefully, as I don't need any deep-thought headaches). To whomever may read or contribute, there is a sort of disclaimer, that being "what works for one or some, may not necessarily produce the same results for others. We all know there is no "one size fits all".

I was asked how my wife accepted me for what I am and do. My first wife, incidentally, did not, and would not. Not the reason we divorced after 3 kids, though. That was a result of infidelity, hers, not mine. Enough said.

My wonderful present wife, however, was an entirely different story. I met her my third trip to Korea. Not wanting a repeat of the first round, when we became close, I showed her a couple photos of Patti. (Had lots less wrinkles then, and actually looked quite good). She never hesitated, asking me lots of questions, but showing no negativity, only curiousity. She naturally asked me if I was interested in men, and I responded "no". (True at the time, but it's only been a fleeting thought a couple times since). I would offer that a combination of things were at work. 1. She's Asian, with an accompanying different outlook on life. 2. All the Korean guys she'd ever been out with were, in her words, assholes. So, in effect, we had something in common. She'd given up on Korean mens' attitude of being the "absolute god" in a relationship, and I had long since given up on selfish, self-centered Euro women. 3. Her religion played a part. She's Bhuddist. That did away with all the hyprocrisy and greed, and status hunting. While not Bhuddist myself, we share a vast majority of the same principles, attitudes, and lifeview. So many times when one of us says "I love you", the other will say, "you'd better, because you're stuck with me". That would be my definition of soulmate, being joined almost through destiny. 4. We also share a common background, as she was born dirt-poor in post-war Korea, and I not much better, being raised by, (God bless them), poor, but very caring parents on a small farm. My wife, Ogie, has often told me she believes that in my prior life I was female. Hmmm.

Ours is as close as a "meant-to-be" pairing could get. I truly wish all others could find that. Not only would the two of you get along very well, there'd probably be lots less crap in the world.

If this thread goes no further, I urge everyone to be honest and above-board with the other person in your relationship. There is really no halfway if you go on this journey. If you don't say anything, it will surface in due time, and be much harder to deal with. If you do tell them, be inclusive in telling them all it is you desire. There would be far fewer tragic things than what could happen if you say you just want "little boobies", and push on to C cups that are going to be an embarrassment for the other party. If they show understanding, get the whole story out. If you can't do that, then maybe you, and not the other person, has the problem.

It's not the main subject, I know, But you must also consider what your real, and practical goals are here. If you want nubbies, they come and go. Anything more will be around a long long time. Do you really want to be a 65-70 year-old with saggy D size boobs, and saggy butt? Can you picture that? More importantly can your partner?

I left family out of this discussion because I have no intention of telling them. No need, as I'm not transsexual.Those who are, that's a bridge I can't help with. I'm actually probably not much help for most of you, anyway. My situation is quite possibly unique among us here. However, we must think this thru, and be prepared to offer honesty to our partners. It's a long and hard enough life the way it is. A marriage or other relationship without honesty, is no real relationship at all. The worst could happen, if you tell only half the story, you could later lose the relationship, and a lot of your money, and be embarrassed socially. And for what reason? You couldn't be up-front when you had the chance?? I don't mean to sound harsh, but the facts have a bad habit of showing up sooner or later. Better now , than then.

I wish all of you the very best of luck!! Patti

I'm a transsexual and am currently without anyone...

However, rest assured if I ever do get that close to anyone, they'll know my full history before we go any further.

If it wasn't plainly and painfully obvious when we got together... I still look entirely too much like a dude in a dress right now Dodgy

I've already dealt with and am dealing with family.

First of all -- Thank you, Patti, for starting this thread!

I appreciate your discussion and I have A LOT to think about. I don't have time to go into depth right now but will definitely add to this thread on a regular basis.

I just replied to JTX's thread on 2D:4D ratios and spent a little time researching that ratio. I had never heard of this before. My ratio is actual greater than the typically biological female (which is.98... mine is .9836). This indicates I was most likely androgen starved in the womb. The small amount of research I have done so far, however, strongly backs this up, such as more female traits and "slow-twitch" muscles.

My dilemma, like many of the middle aged genetic males here, is that I have a wife and family that I am unwilling to give up. On the other hand there are definite, biological issues within me contributing to sexual dysphoria that aren't going to go away. It's a relief to me that my desires aren't just some abnormal fetish.

Anyway, I have a lot more research and soul searching to do. I am very thankful for this forum as it is the first place that I have been able to openly discuss these issues and feelings.

I have a positive wife too. I have tried over the years to come out to her in different ways with poor results because I did not accept myself and could not express who I was and how I felt to her.

I have with the help of friends and a wonderful counselor gotten past most of that. While I know myself to be transgender, for lack of a better word, I have lacked the confidence to act. I had come to a point I had to do something even if it might damage my relationship.

Now my wife of 18 years has accepted me more than I have myself which has done wonders for my confidence. Even though I am 6 ft 5 in and close to 300 lbs she has helped me find clothes and express myself by growing my hair. I will never be a beauty but I will be myself and she will be there too. It is amazing how much the people in our lives know about us and we suspect nothing.

I know that my experience may not be typical. I had to act and I am still working on being open honest and sharing with my wife. I kept a large part of myself closed for years, a lifetime, and the wall does not come down all at once. Trust Love and hopefully we will all be with loving, caring supportive partners.

I've shared before that my wife isn't on board with my desire to feminize myself. We had a frank discussion a few weeks ago where I confided that had today's resources been available to me as a teenager that I may have chosen the transsexual route. That alarmed her greatly, but I assured her that at my age and with so much family involved I felt it is no longer an option for me.

She's still very concerned (I didn't reveal my gender dysphoria to her until last spring). At the time of our last discussion about three weeks ago I was looking for some middle ground -- maybe the opportunity to express myself as a woman at least privately. We didn't get very far on the subject and I didn't want to rush things lest they "blow up." We have a great marriage and family and neither one of us wants to lose that.

My experience on PM, however, is profoundly changing what I thought I wanted. It seems that introducing substantial amounts of estrogen is indeed "re-wiring" my brain, and as some others have already said the desire to express oneself as female and thoughts of possible transition are disappearing.

I'm going to continue the PM and see where this leads. As for now, though, the future looks happy for me and my family!

Misty

(19-01-2013, 12:03 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  My experience on PM, however, is profoundly changing what I thought I wanted. It seems that introducing substantial amounts of estrogen is indeed "re-wiring" my brain, and as some others have already said the desire to express oneself as female and thoughts of possible transition are disappearing.

I'm going to continue the PM and see where this leads. As for now, though, the future looks happy for me and my family!

Misty

Excellent! I'm really pleased for you! I hope one day that the medical profession can do away with orthodoxy and recognise that this is a perfectly valid alternative route.

B.

(19-01-2013, 12:03 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  My experience on PM, however, is profoundly changing what I thought I wanted. It seems that introducing substantial amounts of estrogen is indeed "re-wiring" my brain, and as some others have already said the desire to express oneself as female and thoughts of possible transition are disappearing.

Misty

I hope things work out for you. Smile

I know brain rewiring has certainly been a blessing for me.

(19-01-2013, 12:28 AM)bryony Wrote:  Excellent! I'm really pleased for you! I hope one day that the medical profession can do away with orthodoxy and recognise that this is a perfectly valid alternative route.

B.
(19-01-2013, 12:42 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I hope things work out for you. Smile

I know brain rewiring has certainly been a blessing for me.

Thanks! I find it very ironic, however, that the herb that is most likely to feminize my body the most is the same herb that is reducing my drive to feminize myself. So what happens next???

(19-01-2013, 04:36 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  ...the herb that is most likely to feminize my body the most is the same herb that is reducing my drive to feminize myself. So what happens next???

The only real answer to that is, " You'll find out when it happens." because we are all different so nobody else can tell you.

For me, 'next' (and currently) is that, around the house I wear whatever I feel like and my wife is perfectly happy with that. Outside, I wear whatever I feel like and she is perfectly happy with that as well.
There is a difference between the two "whatever I feel like's" though - yesterday I was working from home and I chose to wear a skirt, top, boots (all of which she had bought me), plus a wig, but no makeup. Today we'll be going to the supermarket for the week's shopping plus going out for a meal this evening so I'll be in male mode all day - both my choices.
With PM, I no longer have a need to flaunt my feminine side in public (and probably embarrass both of us).

(19-01-2013, 04:36 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  Thanks! I find it very ironic, however, that the herb that is most likely to feminize my body the most is the same herb that is reducing my drive to feminize myself. So what happens next???

Hopefully, like me, it means you will be able to endure continuing to present as a male (relatively painlessly) and benefit from the continuation of a happy family life. The price you will pay is to look a bit odd, in common with an increasing number of "normal" males nowadays, and probably not wanting to go bare chested in public.

For me, that is not ideal, but the least worst alternative. Few people have an ideal situation! (Kate Upton comes to mind Big Grin)

B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon