Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Problems accessing this site

I had forgotten about network54. I had an account there but I don't recall the password and the password recovery points to an email address I also don't recall. Eve, can you help? My username there was sfem too.

Flamesabers, have a question. I have not been on Twitter before. When I went there they want full name email password. Do you need your real name there or the name you use here? How did you set up your Breast Nexus name?

(27-01-2013, 07:49 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I have never been on either Twitter or Facebook and have no intention of starting now.

I used to have a Facebook page. You're not missing much. Zuckerberg and company don't care one wit about anyone's privacy as long as they keep making money off violating their own security policy. For a while there, things changed so often and without warning that I decided to delete, not just deactivate, my account. It has caused me to lose contact with nearly everyone I know, including people in real life. Nobody responds to email because it is easier to just post random crap in your personal stream and read everyone else's stream. This way, people stay minimally connected without actually being connected at all. It is an illusion.

As for Twitter, I've never had an account. These days, many people integrate their Twitter and Facebook accounts so their Twitter stream and Facebook stream are mirrors of each other. All I can tell you is that most of what is posted on Twitter is little more than twaddle. I personally couldn't care less that my friend or former co-worker just got done mowing the lawn, etc.

And, not that it really matters, but I make my living as an IT professional. I just don't embrace social networking the way so many others do.

Yeah, you won't find me on twitter either.

(28-01-2013, 06:51 PM)Wishful Wrote:  Flamesabers, have a question. I have not been on Twitter before. When I went there they want full name email password. Do you need your real name there or the name you use here? How did you set up your Breast Nexus name?

I used my breast nexus name when I registered my Twitter account. Fortunately 'flamesabers' isn't a name already being used on Twitter.

My Twitter name is flamesabers@flamesabers.

This is what my photo looks like:

.jpeg 4ec50588ad4facc1bf08a7d16ea5be0c_bigger.jpeg Size: 1.89 KB  Downloads: 138

Eve hasn't posted much for the @breastnexus twitter account. She said she'll post updates on Twitter if the main site goes down again for whatever reason.

(28-01-2013, 07:48 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  
(27-01-2013, 07:49 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I have never been on either Twitter or Facebook and have no intention of starting now.

I used to have a Facebook page. You're not missing much. Zuckerberg and company don't care one wit about anyone's privacy as long as they keep making money off violating their own security policy. For a while there, things changed so often and without warning that I decided to delete, not just deactivate, my account. It has caused me to lose contact with nearly everyone I know, including people in real life. Nobody responds to email because it is easier to just post random crap in your personal stream and read everyone else's stream. This way, people stay minimally connected without actually being connected at all. It is an illusion.

As for Twitter, I've never had an account. These days, many people integrate their Twitter and Facebook accounts so their Twitter stream and Facebook stream are mirrors of each other. All I can tell you is that most of what is posted on Twitter is little more than twaddle. I personally couldn't care less that my friend or former co-worker just got done mowing the lawn, etc.

And, not that it really matters, but I make my living as an IT professional. I just don't embrace social networking the way so many others do.

I have a facebook page but I seldom use it. I see it as just a tool that may be handy if I ever decide to get in contact with an old friend or acquaintance. If my facebook account was suddenly deleted, it would be a while before I would notice this.

I am surprised to see that the opinions of Facebook and Twitter as a waste of time is so popular. I thought I was the only one with that idea. I have a Facebook account - for now - but never bothered with twitter. I still do not see a need for it. Something to excite the kids, I guess. As a retired IT, i agree with Pansy Mae's opinion of "social networking". Maybe I should have a "Like" button on this post ....Tongue

(29-01-2013, 08:29 AM)Wishful Wrote:  I am surprised to see that the opinions of Facebook and Twitter as a waste of time is so popular. I thought I was the only one with that idea. I have a Facebook account - for now - but never bothered with twitter. I still do not see a need for it. Something to excite the kids, I guess. As a retired IT, i agree with Pansy Mae's opinion of "social networking". Maybe I should have a "Like" button on this post ....Tongue

I never bothered with Twitter either, until now. I'm just planning on using it as a backup in case this site ever goes down again.

(27-01-2013, 11:50 PM)sfem Wrote:  I had forgotten about network54. I had an account there but I don't recall the password and the password recovery points to an email address I also don't recall. Eve, can you help? My username there was sfem too.

Unfortunately I'm not able to help, because when you register there you are registering with the whole of network54, not just that forum. Sad That means that the forum admin doesn't give access to anyone's email details or allow their email or password to be reset. It is different here of course as you register directly with this forum.

I work in IT as well, I have two twitter accounts, the
one I use for @breastnexus (using an alias),
and my regular one, which is my regular one.
In the three years I have had a twitter account,
I have posted once.

I have a Facebook page, the only reason for that
is friends who never communicate any other
way. I both dislike and distrust (from a paranoiac
IT pro perspective) social networks.

I don't mind forums for interaction, there is
considerable worth in the few I interact with
(like Breastnexus, for example Big Grin )

I had a feeling it worked that way Eve. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon