Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

More thoughts on brain rewiring

Hello everyone.

Has anyone noticed having a decrease of physical stamina after taking pm for numerous months? I'm trying to get back into the habit of running again but it's more difficult than I initially anticipated. I wonder if it's just because I'm older than I used to be and that I'm somewhat out of shape. An alternative possibility is the physical feminization incurred by my steady intake of pm has made my body less agile and fit for running.

This may be a bit far-fetched, but I wonder if maybe brain rewiring might also be at work here. Statistically I think women are much more likely to be proactive in taking care of their health than men, as well as being more conscious of their physical limits instead of just trying to push through the pain no matter what. When I'm running it feels like I'm much more aware of the physical stress and when my body needs a break. Maybe this is why I'm having trouble with running like I used to: I'm more aware of when my body has had enough exercise for the time being. Huh

Anyone has any thoughts on this?

Hmmm. I know quite a few very fit women, but it is also no secret that women in general can't compete on an athletic basis with men. Testosterone does a lot to increase muscle mass, and decreasing testosterone will certainly result in a significant loss of that muscle mass. If you have less muscle what you do have has to work harder and will tire more quickly.

I used to push my body very hard, especially when I was in the service. I've stopped most of that (because of injury) but I'm also sure that actively feminizing myself will accelerate the muscle loss.

I don't know about the brain re-wiring causing a lack of stamina. I haven't encountered that yet but then I still can't push myself very hard. I have always heard, however, that many women could actually tolerate pain and discomfort better than men, to prepare then better for child-birth. Still, time will tell!

Don't discount the getting older part also. It sucks! Big Grin

It could be the loss of muscle density and bulk. Have you been loosing size?

HRT and this is just a gentle way of going about it changes the muscle mass and strength. It may take time to rebuild stamina. I have been on PM for 6 months and I have seen a change in body shape. My understanding is we could lose as much as 30% of muscle mass. I would think it will take longer and be less dramatic as pharmaceutical hormones. BUT each body is different and reacts differently.

I am going to see my M.D. soon to be checked but my last blood work was very good. I had seen even then at just 3 months.

Hugs

Gerilynn

Since I started transition I have been hitting the gym doing HIIT cardio which helps burn muscle mass. I was on PM+SP for about 6-7 monthsn, and now on HRT for almost 2 months.

I have noticed decreased energy levels mainly, I believe, because of the progestrone in the pill and the reduction of testosterone.

My endurance however hasn't been affected, I can still run the same time, at the same speed but seems to take more will to just do it. Could all just by psychological, who knows.

I would guess that getting older which decreases stamina for sure, and the fact that you say you haven't done it in a while are all the explanation necessary.

(29-01-2013, 05:57 AM)aleah Wrote:  Since I started transition I have been hitting the gym doing HIIT cardio which helps burn muscle mass.

Why does HIIT burn muscle mass? I was doing HIIT for the opposite reason -- to increase muscle mass. HIIT can dramatically increase HGH due to lactic acid release which will stimulate muscle growth especially when paired with a high protein diet and weight training.

In my experience it was the slow and steady cardio most responsible for decreased muscle mass (compare a sprinter's body to a marathoner).

Still, i think a toned body is much more attractive than an overly skinny one, especially on a women.

Misty

(29-01-2013, 03:07 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  Don't discount the getting older part also. It sucks! Big Grin

I agree. Even though I'm still relatively young, I'm closer to age 30 than age 20. I'm expecting my physical stamina will be going downhill from now on. Dodgy

(29-01-2013, 04:54 AM)Gerilynn Wrote:  It could be the loss of muscle density and bulk. Have you been loosing size?

I've never been bulky to begin with, so it's difficult to tell through direct observance. However, my weight has been staying the same while achieving breast growth and a feminine fat redistribution pattern. With these changes going on it's inevitable I suppose that my muscle density will decrease while my body fat percentage increases.

(29-01-2013, 01:20 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  
(29-01-2013, 05:57 AM)aleah Wrote:  Since I started transition I have been hitting the gym doing HIIT cardio which helps burn muscle mass.

Why does HIIT burn muscle mass? I was doing HIIT for the opposite reason -- to increase muscle mass. HIIT can dramatically increase HGH due to lactic acid release which will stimulate muscle growth especially when paired with a high protein diet and weight training.

In my experience it was the slow and steady cardio most responsible for decreased muscle mass (compare a sprinter's body to a marathoner).

Still, i think a toned body is much more attractive than an overly skinny one, especially on a women.

Misty

Hmm, I thought HIIT was good at burning muscle if you are under maintenance cals. My main goal was fat loss anyway. I feel I have a nice balance now at my current weight.

Well, lets take an uneducated look at this. To feminize, we add extrogen to our body. Estrogen generally is derived from our testosterone therefore there is less T. Less T, less muscle building, endurance, and more brain rewiring to the feminine way of thinking. (less desire to compete, more attention to looks versus just strength building, and in some cases when taken to an extreme, changing sexual preference.) Also from personal experience, yes I lost muscle mass and endurance on PM and I think BO also. and I also have less desire to excercise which results in the above. I have had some fat redistribution, especially to the thighs. No wonder women's jeans fit better than mens. Now if I could just get some to the hips and rump ...

Just some random thoughts on the subject.

I talked to the doctor about my lack of physical stamina while exercising. She said my symptoms are most consistent with exercised-induced asthma. My prescribed treatment is usually an inhaler prior to exercising. This may or not be a permanent condition.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon